LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

this was a team loss today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
started out bad with special teams giving up a long return on opening kickoff...

defense allowed two drives to eagles of about 90 yards each...the pass rush last week was gone today, mcnabb had time to eat a sandwich on most plays...he had great time on the 2 picks he threw..at games end defense couldnt get offense the ball back, letting mcnabb hit celek on 3rd & 7

special teams got nice return by morgan to open 2nd half but i dont know why niners even send a punt returner back there...the best he will do i fumble, there is little to no chance of a decent return

offense was not good, though it looked like it might be at start with nice gains to walker and davis...
the oline is TERRIBLE---Niners are not going to do anything with any qb as long as they cannot pass block for him...snyder negates a nice gain to morgan by drawing penalty for illegal man downfield---he was on opposite side of line to where pass was thrown, and had no impact on it (so why was he getting downfield too soon)

crabtree messed up goalline play (at least it appeared that he did) was going to get bubble screen, but instead went to block down towards the defe end--so smith had no where to go with the ball

walker's fumble was HUGE---cost niners chance to go up 10-7, negating possible big momentum shift

davis is great athlete and all but still hasnt picked up nuamces of game, as johnstone remarked, on pass over middle late in game wher davis didnt use the ref as a pick t get seperation

smith was off on his throws no doubt, but the way singletary went after davis on 1st pick, i have to wonder if vernon was not where he was supposed to be...the 2nd pick was a great play by samuel, i'm not sure how much smith can be faulted because it looked like the read he mad was right, throwing to the receiver...not sure how qb can anticipate samuel doing what he did (and it was 3rd & 9, Niners were not faring well, so smith was trying to make a play---it was kind of like when later in game he threw down towards goalline and the corner knocked down the pass to crabtree--siragusa said he liked fact that niners were at least throwing downfield...the 3rd pick was under heavy pressure but no way smith should throw the ball, the pass was terrible (if it was accurate gore might make some yards)

gore had great game but missed chance for big play on screen pass when he got tripped up (not his fault--but winning teams have guys who make plays in such situations)

the coaches did not distinguish them selves either....when they were down they brought gore & norris in and it was obvious the play was going to be a run...the blitz pickup was not improved until 2nd half...singletary and staff dont get time management....singletary was going to waste timeout when eagles were going to score, and then they let precious seconds run off on last drive before getting clock stopped for measurement

despite all this niners were in game, pulling within 1 score....2 4th down conversions were made, and the defense got turnover to help give them a chance

what i take from this game is that niners arent there yet, but could get there with productive offseason
it was pretty much downhill after the morgan fumble. we really had a chance after stopping that 4th and short
Walker Fumbled, not Morgan.
yes yes, my mistake
i was there tonight and you should have seen how nervous the eagles fan were. before walker's fumble all i could hear around me was that we would slow it down and run the ball constantly with Gore if we took the lead. Walker's fumble killed us, that was our chance to get some momentum we lost it right there.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
You're only as good as your starting quarterback in the NFL.
Turn the ball over 4 times in one half and your not going to win the game.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 20, 2009 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:

Alex was on the field for the 90plus yard TD drives by Phili?

Alex sucks, Coach sucks, This team sucks period. Cant blame just Alex

But I do agree with the statement but Alex wasnt the only reason bro
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Dec 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM ]
From a team standpoint, we're just not good enough.
i seriously hope merriman and mankins hit fa so we can use picks on making this team fast overall. we need a wr who can just flat out burn a cb thus making it easier for crabtree and morgan. when your te is your deep threat you know your in trouble. adding a spiller or even bush if available is the right step.

Originally posted by kujon11:
it was pretty much downhill after the morgan fumble. we really had a chance after stopping that 4th and short

The ownership and the senior management haven't voted yet so this may not be a lost yet.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Alex was on the field for the 90plus yard TD drives by Phili?

Alex sucks, Coach sucks, This team sucks period. Cant blame just Alex

But I do agree with the statement but Alex wasnt the only reason bro

No he was not, but didn't his interceptions lead to points? You put a real QB on this team and you would see the difference. Yes, every loss is a team loss because it is a game of teams, at the same time, Alex tend to make very bad decisions which do not help his team win. And I'm not just referring to the apparent ones.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i seriously hope merriman and mankins hit fa so we can use picks on making this team fast overall. we need a wr who can just flat out burn a cb thus making it easier for crabtree and morgan. when your te is your deep threat you know your in trouble. adding a spiller or even bush if available is the right step.

So its bad that we have a TE thats too fast for a LB and too big for a safety??

Having a TE thats a deep threat is a huge weapon..Its very tough to cover a TE with that much athleticism..
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Walker Fumbled, not Morgan.

i knew when walker fumbled after a gift andy reid gave us it was seahawks gm all over again. i swear its like this team wants to lose on purpose, wk after wk they find a way to lose.

Makes you wonder how the Seahawks were in the Superbowl a few years ago with their three time pro bowl QB but just got beat by a 1-13 team today to go 5-9 on the season doesn't it. Or how last years super bowl winner, the same team that beat the Seahwaks in the previously mentioned super bowl, lost 5 games in a row going into today's game.

That all happened in the NFL, right?
Share 49ersWebzone