There are 205 users in the forums

This team needs......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I agree we need speed in the secondary and at WR. We need a pass-rusher and O-line help too.

It's depressing that we have the same needs that we had last year.
a f**king miracle
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by B650:
Not to mention speed on special teams, namely a KR/PR.

everytime we punt i get scared. we need spiller or someone in the middle rounds to KR PR

Me too!
in no particular order...
  • o-line
  • pass rusher
  • SPEED
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
more speed. Speed in the secondary, WR, coming off the edge on defense, etc. This team is SLOW compared to most NFL teams.

And secondly, some big physical OL. The OL stinks.

So I guess we can all agree that we need Eric Berry with our first pick.

We need a shut down cb's more than berry. Berry ain't a shutdown cb.

Berry will make our whole secondary better, he would be the Patrick Willis on our secondary!!!
Originally posted by rob28:
more speed. Speed in the secondary, WR, coming off the edge on defense, etc. This team is SLOW compared to most NFL teams.

We need a shut down cb's more than berry. Berry ain't a shutdown cb.

Berry will make our whole secondary better, he would be the Patrick Willis on our secondary!!!

I would love to get Berry, but unless the Niners trade up I just don't think he is going to be there.
in this order:

OL

Safety with range

speedy rb/kr/pr

Unfortunately, Berry will be gone by the time we're on the clock.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
QB
FS
CB
Entire OL (except C)
Backup RB
Pass rush

...playoffs in 2010....right?

um fs is goldson who is downright solid, and we have been without both starting cb's the whole year so just stop posting
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Unfortunately, Berry will be gone by the time we're on the clock.

I wouldn't count on that yet, especially when the Combine hasn't come and draft order.

O Line.

That's it. An O-Line that can hold their own would have earned this team at least two more wins this year.

Our QB cannot be forced to look to his check down or throw it away every other play in games that matter.

The O-line coach should be canned today, and we should find a real RT and LG in the offseason.
error
[ Edited by maxsmart on Dec 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM ]
We need:

An o-line
A consistent pass rush
To move Clements to FS and,
A shut down corner

Smith was under pressure all night. For all intents and purposes he is a rookie learning the game. 2 years off and time served under Nolan does not make a QB nor does a turnstile of OCs. I'm not a fan of the current play calling but for the sake of some level of consistency........

Keep the QB. Fix the problem.
It does need me, I full heartedly agree.
Wow, I can't believe some of the guys that post on here...I'm still convinced that most of the people that post on here are like 18 years old and younger...when Smith plays good, you're all " He's back, he's the future, blah blah blah ", but when he struggles like he did today, you're basically kicking him out of the league. You know what ?? SHUT UP !! Quit your complaining and learn to grow with the team. Truth be told, with the way our O-line played today, and at certain times this year, nobody would have been able to succeed passing the ball. Smith needs time to throw. We've all seen what he can do with time. I've said it all year, upgrade the O-line and the pass rush and we're golden for 2010. We will finish 8-8 this year, which is still positive momentum from last year. We have some playmakers in Gore, Crabtree, Davis, and Morgan. With good protection for Smith, he will succeed. He's only 25 yrs. old, and hasn't played in almost 2 years, but he's putting up pretty decent numbers considering this is basically his 3rd season. Who do you all think is the QB of the future ? Davis ??? maybe, but who else ?? Bradford will NOT be around when we pick, and there's not much else out there. We need to give Alex time to throw..then judge him. I think he showed some fight in him by coming out in the 2nd half and leading us to 2 scoring drives. If Walker doesn't fumble, that's gonna lead to at least a FG, if not a TD. Totally different game if that happens. Now, I admit, 2 of the INT's he threw were Alex's fault. You know what ? McNabb made 2 really stupid INT's too. It happens. I think that real fans know when a team is making strides, and improving. This is a much more talented team than last year. We have tons of cap room for 2010 and 2 1st round picks. Our division sucks, and there's talk of ARI trading Boldin and Warner retiring. This bodes well for us. Hey, I'll admit, as a 20 + year 49ers fan, I'm a little bummed about the season, but we're rebuilding...it takes time. Be patient, or just simply be quiet ! So sick of the little punks on here bagging on everyone if we lose, but kissing their butts when we win. Take the wins with the losses, or pick a new team !! I think there's room on the Colt's bandwagon, hey, they're undefeated, go cheer for them !!
Share 49ersWebzone