LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

young and inexperienced or poorly coached and sloppy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
No QB
Sorry ass WR's (besides crabs and VD)
No OL
No pass rush
Sorry ass secondary

What the hell makes you think Crab is anything more than a number 2 WR at this point? He drops balls, he falls a lot, and he isn't a number 1 on any playoff team. We have the talent just not the direction. I know he is a rookie, but if you think he doesn't need to be called out you're special. He held out, he missed plays, and he has had some big drops. Get off his nutsack. The whole team has pretty much played sub par all season.
Today, we had..

1) A Delanie Walker fumble inside the redzone.
2) Too many penalties.
3) Too much pressure and too many sacks allowed.
4) Bad interceptions at bad times.
5) Continued tentative Punt Return game.

This team has been sloppy across the board.

Alex Smith was bad today, but his performance is NOT an excuse for the rest of the team to play horrific. I'm sorry but Alex isn't out there false-starting, getting illegal contact penalties, letting Desean Jackson fly by him, letting Celek loose for a game-sealing first down, missing blocks, letting defenders come free to sack him, letting the ball drop on a punt return and roll to our 1.

We need upgrades everywhere.
I don't believe we're that bad. We show that we can play with some very good teams.
Yes the O-line could use some work . I believe our receivers are pretty good. Crabtree has played well. Morgan will get better. I thought our pass rush actually good better this season. It was nowhere to be found last year.
Originally posted by Peanut49:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
No QB
Sorry ass WR's (besides crabs and VD)
No OL
No pass rush
Sorry ass secondary

What the hell makes you think Crab is anything more than a number 2 WR at this point? He drops balls, he falls a lot, and he isn't a number 1 on any playoff team. We have the talent just not the direction. I know he is a rookie, but if you think he doesn't need to be called out you're special. He held out, he missed plays, and he has had some big drops. Get off his nutsack. The whole team has pretty much played sub par all season.

Some people can spot talent when they see it.
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:
all of the above...they are just being outclassed today across the board......

That pretty much sums up our season. Just outclassed.
u guys really have to realize they aren't a playoff team yet at least they can move the ball somewhat i mean before they couldn't move it at all they did better than i expected them too considering the eagles explosive offense could have been worse next year we will be a little better win two more an thats better than last year lol
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I wonder if this game brought the rest of the delusional fools around here back to reality. This team has major holes from top to bottom. Jed York has no business running a football team. Scottie is not a legitimate GM and the coaching staff would have to improve leaps and bounds to be considered average. With those 3 factors in place it is amazing the team isn't worse than 6-8. As long as the above 3 items are in place, this will be an average team at best.
Originally posted by Steve:
Dump Smith now and quit blaming the rest of the team for his lack of everything. I mean waive him now and look for another answer as he isn't it.

heard that
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Today, we had..

2) Too many penalties.

Alex Smith was bad today, but his performance is NOT an excuse for the rest of the team to play horrific. I'm sorry but Alex isn't out there false-starting, getting illegal contact penalties, letting Desean Jackson fly by him, letting Celek loose for a game-sealing first down, missing blocks, letting defenders come free to sack him, letting the ball drop on a punt return and roll to our 1.

but you know what BETTER qb play would have had those mistakes over looked. did you forget bout those 3 picks. if he would not have under thrown his first pick, he had davis open for a would be td. then they get the ball back & he overthrows a open d. walk. better qb play gets a win today. hell the raiders qb found away to get it done but smith couldn't wtf is that. face it in big games a. smith SUCKS!!! period.
Both. Right now, McNabb is picking lint out of his ba**s and laughing about how them 49ers gave the game to him. He is further making a call and SHARING A LAUGH about how them 49ers gave the game to him. There is nothing in the universe that I consider less important than an opponent's feelings and/or thoughts. I will say right now: Laugh it up, d**kbreath. I will be there when we are the ones SQUEEZING THE LIFE OUT a team desperate to keep their playoff hopes alive. And that will be YOU. You are in the NFC, right? Then we are unchanging enemies, and we will meet you again...

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Today, we had..

2) Too many penalties.

Also add that manusky had a terrible gameplan.
This is another example that we have NO PASSRUSH.
Originally posted by BobS:
I wonder if this game brought the rest of the delusional fools around here back to reality. This team has major holes from top to bottom. Jed York has no business running a football team. Scottie is not a legitimate GM and the coaching staff would have to improve leaps and bounds to be considered average. With those 3 factors in place it is amazing the team isn't worse than 6-8. As long as the above 3 items are in place, this will be an average team at best.

Look on the bright side, we can at least look forward to them winning most of their divisional games because for whatever reason the Cards sleepwalk through their games against the Niners.

It is obvious whenever they play a playoff caliber team that the Niners are nowhere near the point of being able to hang with quality teams. Even if they made it to the playoffs next year by virtue of being in a weak division, they would be one and done, and it would probably be a blowout.

I'm sick of this mediocrity. 10 years is a long time to be rebuilding
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by trogdor:

It is obvious whenever they play a playoff caliber team that the Niners are nowhere near the point of being able to hang with quality teams. Even if they made it to the playoffs next year by virtue of being in a weak division, they would be one and done, and it would probably be a blowout.

We hung with Minnesota (though that's not looking so great right now).
We hung with the Colts
We beat the Cardinals twice
We beat up on the Jaguars

All of those teams are playoff calibre right now and we hung with them all. Last year we would've been blown out.
We were in EVERY game except the beating we took against Atlanta. Even almost beat two of the best teams in the league with the Colts and Vikings ,and held our own today against Eagles at their home field. Alex just isn't the guy. Our game has definitely been elevated, What cost us the play-offs was sticking Alex in there and benching Hill. Hill at least MOVES the ball up and down the field and keeps our D fresher.
[ Edited by 4JusticeNow on Dec 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM ]
Originally posted by 4JusticeNow:
We were in EVERY game ecpet the beating we took against Atlanta. Even almost beta two of the best teams in the league with the Colts and Vikings and held our own today against eagles at their home. Alex just isn't the guy. Put in Hill and try to get someone for next year.

Dude, we kind of already TRIED THAT. In case you weren't watching, it did not work.
Share 49ersWebzone