There are 200 users in the forums

Who do we Match up on D. Jackson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The same gameplan that we did with Fitz.

Celik might be a problem ala the Houston Texans tight end.

You know, come to think of it the niners have shut down some great wrs this year. Fitz/Boldin twice, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, TJ Housyourmomma.

I dont see why Jackson should fair any better.

These Cali guys have raging hardons for D-Jackass.

Jackson is different from all of those bigger receivers. We have trouble with speed. We were fine against the run until CJ lit us up. We need to be careful with Jackson.
Originally posted by Joecool:

You know, come to think of it the niners have shut down some great wrs this year. Fitz/Boldin twice, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, TJ Housyourmomma.

Jackson is different from all of those bigger receivers. We have trouble with speed. We were fine against the run until CJ lit us up. We need to be careful with Jackson.

Agreed, smaller receivers seem to do better against us...but he is still D-Jackass.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think anyone in the NFL can cover Desean Jackson.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah, cover him with Spencer and have Goldson over the top.
Originally posted by crzy:

Revis probably could, he has shut down better ones.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:

Revis probably could, he has shut down better ones.

Maybe Revis.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
T. Brown in press coverage, give him a little shove off the line and he will be on the ground.

Djack likes to line up in the slot.

Kinda hard to jam a guy who isn't on the line.

so 100% of the time he is in the slot?

Im saying when he's on the line jam him, is that a bad idea?
The return coverage guys better be heads up. Jackson may be a game changer in the return, especially if it's a bad weather tight game.
Spencer, in press.

Since the Eagles like to run 3 wide with DeShaun in the game, look for the Niners to roll out their big sub package a lot of the time.

Look for Jackson to be bracketed with a basic 2 look or with a man/zone combo.

This will likely leave Celek singled up on a backer or safety.

The good news is that our big sub package excels at bringing heat on opposing passers.

I heard they are getting back Kevin Curtis for this game too. We are going to have our hands full. And Jason Avant is no slouch either.

Avant is out.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Spencer, in press.

Since the Eagles like to run 3 wide with DeShaun in the game, look for the Niners to roll out their big sub package a lot of the time.

Look for Jackson to be bracketed with a basic 2 look or with a man/zone combo.

This will likely leave Celek singled up on a backer or safety.

The good news is that our big sub package excels at bringing heat on opposing passers.

I heard they are getting back Kevin Curtis for this game too. We are going to have our hands full. And Jason Avant is no slouch either.

Avant is out.

You sure? sweet if so!

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

this. have S. Spencer in bumb and run. no free release for DJ. disrupt his timing of the routes. oh yeah once he he gets passed SS assasinate his arse with the 38Special
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

this. have S. Spencer in bumb and run. no free release for DJ. disrupt his timing of the routes. oh yeah once he he gets passed SS assasinate his arse with the 38Special

like legbreaker said he lines up in the slot so its impossible to do that if he's in the slot
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

like legbreaker said he lines up in the slot so its impossible to do that if he's in the slot

Its not impossible, its just harder is all. You have 5 yards to knock the living piss out of the receiver.
could somebody please tell my why on gods green earth would this team try to cover one of the NFL's fastest players with 2 of there slowest dbs? huh why?
better question for you, why does our oline suck?
Share 49ersWebzone