LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Crabtree going the extra yard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/11191/crabtree-going-the-extra-yard
The 49ers faced third-and-4 from their own 44 with less than 4 minutes remaining against Arizona in Week 14.

They were leading, 24-9, and trying to run time off the clock.

Quarterback Alex Smith took the shotgun snap from Eric Heitmann and looked left immediately. Receiver Michael Crabtree darted inside across the yard-line numbers from his spot wide to the left. Smith delivered the ball a little high. Crabtree caught it 2 yards short of the first-down marker, ducked and lunged forward for a 6-yard gain. The drive would continue.

The play marked the fifth time this season Crabtree has caught a pass short of the first-down marker and still converted on third down. Only three players have more than five conversions in these situations. Unlike Crabtree, those players did not miss the first five games during a contract dispute.
Originally posted by valrod33:
The 49ers faced third-and-4 from their own 44 with less than 4 minutes remaining against Arizona in Week 14.

Quarterback Alex Smith took the shotgun snap from Eric Heitmann and looked left immediately. Receiver Michael Crabtree darted inside across the yard-line numbers from his spot wide to the left. Smith delivered the ball a little high. Crabtree caught it 2 yards short of the first-down marker, ducked and lunged forward for a 6-yard gain. The drive would continue.

The play marked the fifth time this season Crabtree has caught a pass short of the first-down marker and still converted on third down. Only three players have more than five conversions in these situations. Unlike Crabtree, those players did not miss the first five games during a contract dispute.

was that the one where he slipped, got up and got the first down?? I believe that was a 3rd down as well. I love what crabs is doing for us so far.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

was that the one where he slipped, got up and got the first down?? I believe that was a 3rd down as well. I love what crabs is doing for us so far.

the play in the article wasnt that one, but yeah that one also wa a 3rd down and just an awesome play on his part, he bounced up quick

Good to know. This guy is going to take this team to great heights...he needs to continue being disciplined and keep working hard.
I get a boner every time he catches balls
Once the o line gets sured up they can actually run routes past the 1st down marker, and Crabs will be picking up straight bonus yards instead of fighting for 1st downs.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

that makes 2 of us
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Good to know. This guy is going to take this team to great heights...he needs to continue being disciplined and keep working hard.

Great to hear. Crabtree is only going to get better!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

that makes 2 of us

Eff-n funny! But i luv watching this kid play... everytime he touches the ball now you just know something can happen, gamebreaker. Defenses have to start keepin' an eye out for him.

Crabs is doing good, but i wont lie. that play where he fell down and got up to get the first down, i thought he was going to fumble the way the ball was just sitting out there.

that makes 2 of us

lol

Me too!!
still cant believe al davis basically handed us this guy. crabtree is going to rock the league for years to come.
Share 49ersWebzone