LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Phili Fans giving Niners lots a love - Check it now - live

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giggiddy:
Since they are game planning against him so much this could end up being a big game for Gore or Crabtree.
Send Vernon on his classic post pattern and he could pull the safety with him as a double team and Crabs could run a corner pattern for the connection.

WE should do that, the colts, pats, and the old greatest show on turf rams, used to run clear out plays all the time.

send VD deep, have crabs come into the void VD left= instant yards.
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by alexsmith:
This is part of a call in show - And the Phily fans were just saying saying how the Niners scare them. Sounded so strange to hear that.

Also - they have a poll going who scares them the most.

ALL TEAMS SHOULD FEAR THE 49ERS!!!!

[ Edited by 49erFanInTX83 on Dec 18, 2009 at 12:44:11 ]
Originally posted by Chico:
This is part of a call in show - And the Phily fans were just saying saying how the Niners scare them. Sounded so strange to hear that.

ALL TEAMS SHOULD FEAR THE 49ERS!!!!

FEAR THE PICKAXE !!!!

I absolutely can't wait to watch this game
Actually I want to see how Alex Smith fairs against their defense. Hope to see them blitz Alex at every opportunity. That will determine if he finally has it and is our QB going forward or if we have to draft someone in 2010. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana but want to see if he has abilities to get over that.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

I can't wait to see the game either. The game will actually be on here in Alaska! I think it's gonna be the 4th Sunday game that I've watched on TV. THANK GOD too, cause I'm sick and tired of watching games on the NET
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

LINK???
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KOniner:
Actually I want to see how Alex Smith fairs against their defense. Hope to see them blitz Alex at every opportunity. That will determine if he finally has it and is our QB going forward or if we have to draft someone in 2010. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana but want to see if he has abilities to get over that.

They're predicting temps between 23 and 30 degrees with 100% chance of precipitation (that's "snow" for you lifetime San Franciscans). This is not shaping up to be a QBs game... more of a slug fest. If we're going to win, it'll be on the shoulders of Gore and the defense.

[ Edited by Lifer on Dec 18, 2009 at 17:29:35 ]
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

I can't wait to see the game either. The game will actually be on here in Alaska! I think it's gonna be the 4th Sunday game that I've watched on TV. THANK GOD too, cause I'm sick and tired of watching games on the NET

This will only be the 3rd game i've watched all year. All they broadcast up in Oregon are the stupid Vikings and Seawawks.. Can't wait to finally be able to watch my team!
The Eagles are giving up big plays to TE all season long. In walks Vernon who is on pace for a record breaking season. I read somewhere on the Eagles website that they were going to use Moises Fokou and Chris Gocong against Davis. Couple of LB's covering him. Fakou played with him at MAryland and has some familiarity with the way he likes to release off the line. They appear to be pretty confident they can limit Davis. I beg to differ but we will see. If Alex has the time to throw the ball I believe Davis will make plays but to me this is gonna be similar to last week and they are gonna go back to the ground and Gore to tough this one out.

Originally posted by Lifer:

They're predicting temps between 23 and 30 degrees with 100% chance of precipitation (that's "snow" for you lifetime San Franciscans). This is not shaping up to be a QBs game... more of a slug fest. If we're going to win, it'll be on the shoulders of Gore and the defense.

Agreed it should be a sluggfest.

But at least Smith played at Utah, so he should have some ability to deliver the ball.

*Edit* Oh yeah should let ya know that it DOES snow in the Bay Area on occasion. Rarely, but it has happened.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 18, 2009 at 17:50:21 ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Lifer:

Agreed it should be a sluggfest.

But at least Smith played at Utah, so he should have some ability to deliver the ball.

*Edit* Oh yeah should let ya know that it DOES snow in the Bay Area on occasion. Rarely, but it has happened.

~Ceadder

snowed in danville, walnut creek, and around there two weeks ago. up in the SC mountains on Highway 17 also
Originally posted by E-49er:
The Eagles are giving up big plays to TE all season long. In walks Vernon who is on pace for a record breaking season. I read somewhere on the Eagles website that they were going to use Moises Fokou and Chris Gocong against Davis. Couple of LB's covering him. Fakou played with him at MAryland and has some familiarity with the way he likes to release off the line. They appear to be pretty confident they can limit Davis. I beg to differ but we will see. If Alex has the time to throw the ball I believe Davis will make plays but to me this is gonna be similar to last week and they are gonna go back to the ground and Gore to tough this one out.

Davis isn't the only TE that creates a mismatch. Put Walker on the field with Davis, Morgan and Crabtree and they have a nightmare trying to cover everyone to include Gore who is always a threat out of the backfield.

They got beat by the raiders and the league was aware of what we did to AZ twice, Minn, Indy, and Jac.....all strong teams.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by E-49er:

Davis isn't the only TE that creates a mismatch. Put Walker on the field with Davis, Morgan and Crabtree and they have a nightmare trying to cover everyone to include Gore who is always a threat out of the backfield.

this
Share 49ersWebzone