LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Can 49ers Expose Weaknesses? (LINK FIXED)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eagles are trying to transition an OLB to a MLB, and Trotter is there starting MLB. CB Samuels said he wasn't signed to make tackles for there team and only had 1 tackle last game. There two starting DTs are barely 300lbs, they sub in there 3rd DT to use for run stopping.

1st of all if Jordan is in the game he is not a true MLB, he is in the middle of transitioning to the position. He played over 20 snaps last week and only made 2 tackles at middle LB. For MLB, seems like Gore can abuse Trotter if they can get 1 on 1 match ups. 49ers can take advantage of him in the middle of the field on the pass. There poor LB play has been noticed by the media and the fans (can tell by there comments to this article LB Break Down )

2nd should test if Samuels can tackle, I think the bubble screen to the WR can be affective for Crabtree and Morgan, expose his laziness to make a tackle. The DT's I feel they can expose especially if its a bad weather game, (expected to snow Saturday and Sunday morning) they don't get a lot of push up the middle and make there plays with angles. 49ers should use less pulling in this game and block straight down on these smaller DTs. The run out of the shotgun will probably be very affective. Last year Gore had 15 of his 18 rushes up the middle go for 4 or more yards.
There DTs only had 3 tackles total last year against the 49ers.

All that being said if the 49ers need to keep it close so they can stay in there game plan, this team isn't as good as they are pumped up to be. They aren't as good personnel wise as the Colts or the Vikings which the 49ers played tough. Last year the 49ers lost it in the 4th quarter wiht JT starting at QB (he had 3 turnovers himself)

[ Edited by tmg808 on Dec 18, 2009 at 22:16:23 ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
If Philly does have a weakness it's stopping the pass. Eli Manning and their very average receivers lit them up last week.

Expose weakness we can, but we need to hold on to the ball!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If Philly does have a weakness it's stopping the pass. Eli Manning and their very average receivers lit them up last week.

We need to pound the rock with Gore & let Davis & Crabtree kill the secondary!
Originally posted by tohara3:

Pounding the rock would be a mistake. Just ask the Giants. We need to work on blitz pick-up. I would be preaching that all week if I were Singletary. I would FORCE Forester to show me his game plan 2 days ago as to how he plans to coach this OL to pick up blitzes.

What's wrong with 38 points, The Giants scored 38 points and averaged 4.3 yards a carry!!!

Pounding the rock would be a mistake. Just ask the Giants. We need to work on blitz pick-up. I would be preaching that all week if I were Singletary. I would FORCE Forester to show me his game plan 2 days ago as to how he plans to coach this OL to pick up blitzes.

run a screen?

Gore is all pro at blitz pickup, thats why IMO Gore is one of the top backs n the league.

Give gore a decent OL and 15-20 touches a game and he will be in the top 3 every year, we will win a hell of alot more games too....
We need the team the entire team to play just like they did on Monday. Balanced offense with a dominating defense
Originally posted by backontop:
We need the team the entire team to play just like they did on Monday. Balanced offense with a dominating defense

To add to this, I'd like to see Alex play with a little more consistently and with more confidence. He looked just okay on Monday night and I don't think he'll have 7 turnovers of help against the Eagles.
Attack Sheldon Brown. Especially with double moves, he bites all the time. Plus, he is pretty slow these days.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by backontop:

To add to this, I'd like to see Alex play with a little more consistently and with more confidence. He looked just okay on Monday night and I don't think he'll have 7 turnovers of help against the Eagles.

He was off the entire night, but made plays when he needed to. Every QB has off days. Look at Peyton Manning when we played the Colts. He was over throwing all day. Alex will come to play on Sunday. I just hope the WR's bring some stickum

All I have heard about from the Eagles is there fear of VD and Gore. I hope they forget about Crabtree.
i just hope that the coaching staff takes advantage of any weakness of both sides of the ball

Agreed. This isn't a team that you should try that on, otherwise were going to have 6 yards in a half and be down by 21, are best lock is to hope jackson doesn't get behind us and we can pressure mcnabb into a pick. Also the bubble screen doesn't work hasn't all season. when crabtree takes a step back rather then forward the cb usually makes the tackle right as he get's the ball.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
It all goes out the window if it is a snow game. As one of my coaches used to say. Some guys are mudders and some guys aren't. I think it bodes well for us because I think Frank is a mudder (because he is a one cut and go) guy. While I don't know for sure, I would say jackson likely isn't a mudder as he is quick and shifty and likes to dance. I think that may be the difference in the game.
Originally posted by tmg808:
Eagles are trying to transition an OLB to a MLB, and Trotter is there starting MLB. CB Samuels said he wasn't signed to make tackles for there team and only had 1 tackle last game. There two starting DTs are barely 300lbs, they sub in there 3rd DT to use for run stopping.

1st of all if Jordan is in the game he is not a true MLB, he is in the middle of transitioning to the position. He played over 20 snaps last week and only made 2 tackles at middle LB. For MLB, seems like Gore can abuse Trotter if they can get 1 on 1 match ups. 49ers can take advantage of him in the middle of the field on the pass. There poor LB play has been noticed by the media and the fans (can tell by there comments to this article LB Break Down )

2nd should test if Samuels can tackle, I think the bubble screen to the WR can be affective for Crabtree and Morgan, expose his laziness to make a tackle. The DT's I feel they can expose especially if its a bad weather game, (expected to snow Saturday and Sunday morning) they don't get a lot of push up the middle and make there plays with angles. 49ers should use less pulling in this game and block straight down on these smaller DTs. The run out of the shotgun will probably be very affective. Last year Gore had 15 of his 18 rushes up the middle go for 4 or more yards.
There DTs only had 3 tackles total last year against the 49ers.

All that being said if the 49ers need to keep it close so they can stay in there game plan, this team isn't as good as they are pumped up to be. They aren't as good personnel wise as the Colts or the Vikings which the 49ers played tough. Last year the 49ers lost it in the 4th quarter wiht JT starting at QB (he had 3 turnovers himself)

There(def) = "over there"
Their(def) = plural possessive
Share 49ersWebzone