There are 151 users in the forums

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THIS TEAM IS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have had some bad luck.

We lost Frank Gore against Minnesota and we almost win, we should have won that game possibly with Alex?

We lost Tony Pashos early on in the season, and Joe Staley our best lineman for six games, and our best corner Nate Clements for 8 games.

Crabtree didn't sign until the sixth game of the season and missed Camp and Preaseason........it's really amazing and shows to his talent that he can immediately come in and start.

We find out that Shawn Hill is the quarterback we thought (No Arm but a ton of guts and a good leader) but Alex Smith makes a run for the job and is pretty good.

I only hope that we can continue to grow and evolve and become the team that they can be by the end of the year.

And with an act of God (A lot of teams have to lose) and we win out.....we just mind squeak into the playoffs.

But know that this team is not far way.

We are probably one "oldschoolBillWalsh draft" (two numbers one's baby!!) and a key free agent away (probably OL).....from being a really nice team.

Last game was nice.....and some people on the board said the game was a Fluke!

I have re-watched the game three times and the NINERS MADE PLAYS!!!!!

Dashon Goldson has arrived......he really stood out in the game and was all over the field. He was blowing guys up and was a demon in centerfield. Safety has been a weak spot but if he can play to half of that level.....he will be our safety for a long time. Pick Taylor Mays for the Strong Safety and WHAM!!!!!!!! SUPER BACKFIELD!!!!!

David Baas was a beast in the game. He didn't allow a sack, and was fantastic in the run game. He had some really nice blocks that Frank Gore found the seam on and busted out!

I like Jimmy Raye. He has rebuilt Alex Smith (with Mike Johnson and Singletary's help) into a potential gamer. THIS GUY WAS SO MESSED UP FROM NOLAN AND FIVE COORDINATORS. (Yes I know this is getting old.) But I can't think of a worse way to come into the league.

Scott McCloughan deserves to be brought back for another season. His guys are really stepping up. Yes, he has made some bad moves (Brandon Williams, Jonas Jennings, Balmer?) but I think he has made some brilliant moves (Crabtree (Fell into his lap but he drafted him), Vernon, P-Willy, Gore, Staley, Justin Smith, Walt Harris, Takeo Spikes, Aubrayo Franklin. Scott also deserves to be commended by making the team deep. There has not been a big drop off when we have had injuries. It just shows our terrible our team was under the Terry Dona-PUKE who singlehandedly set the Niners back about five years.

Nolan made a nice foundation for the team but was too insecure to take it to the next level.

Singletary has given them the vision to reach, but he has also shown to be flexible enough with this team that he doesn't have to play uncreative SMASHFACE football.

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THIS TEAM IS THAT THEY ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK

[ Edited by Oldschool9erfan on Dec 17, 2009 at 22:19:32 ]
Good teams have good luck.

Bad teams have bad luck.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
We have had some bad luck.

We lost Frank Gore against Minnesota and we almost win, we should have won that game possibly with Alex?

We lost Tony Pashos early on in the season, and Joe Staley our best lineman for six games, and our best corner Nate Clements for 8 games.

Crabtree didn't sign until the sixth game of the season and missed Camp and Preaseason........it's really amazing and shows to his talent that he can immediately come in and start.

We find out that Shawn Hill is the quarterback we thought (No Arm but a ton of guts and a good leader) but Alex Smith makes a run for the job and is pretty good.

I only hope that we can continue to grow and evolve and become the team that they can be by the end of the year.

And with an act of God (A lot of teams have to lose) and we win out.....we just mind squeak into the playoffs.

But know that this team is not far way.

We are probably one "oldschoolBillWalsh draft" (two numbers one's baby!!) and a key free agent away (probably OL).....from being a really nice team.

Last game was nice.....and some people on the board said the game was a Fluke!

I have re-watched the game three times and the NINERS MADE PLAYS!!!!!

Dashon Goldson has arrived......he really stood out in the game and was all over the field. He was blowing guys up and was a demon in centerfield. Safety has been a weak spot but if he can play to half of that level.....he will be our safety for a long time. Pick Taylor Mays for the Strong Safety and WHAM!!!!!!!! SUPER BACKFIELD!!!!!

David Baas was a beast in the game. He didn't allow a sack, and was fantastic in the run game. He had some really nice blocks that Frank Gore found the seam on and busted out!

I like Jimmy Raye. He has rebuilt Alex Smith (with Mike Johnson and Singletary's help) into a potential gamer. THIS GUY WAS SO MESSED UP FROM NOLAN AND FIVE COORDINATORS. (Yes I know this is getting old.) But I can't think of a worse way to come into the league.

Scott McCloughan deserves to be brought back for another season. His guys are really stepping up. Yes, he has made some bad moves (Brandon Williams, Jonas Jennings, Balmer?) but I think he has made some brilliant moves (Crabtree (Fell into his lap but he drafted him), Vernon, P-Willy, Gore, Staley, Justin Smith, Walt Harris, Takeo Spikes, Aubrayo Franklin. Scott also deserves to be commended by making the team deep. There has not been a big drop off when we have had injuries. It just shows our terrible our team was under the Terry Dona-PUKE who singlehandedly set the Niners back about five years.

Nolan made a nice foundation for the team but was too insecure to take it to the next level.

Singletary has given them the vision to reach, but he has also shown to be flexible enough with this team that he doesn't have to play uncreative SMASHFACE football.

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THIS TEAM IS THAT THEY ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK

Nice Read!!! I totally agree. I hope we can make the play offs this year but next year looks promising. If Reggie get released I hope Scot goes after him. He would really compliment Gore and we can keep both on the field too in our 21 formation! We would have mismatch heaven! Can you imagine Crabs, VD, Morgan, Bush, Walker and Gore! Plus we wil address O-line in FA and the draft! I know the season isn't over but I can still dream!!!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Good teams have good and bad luck.

Bad teams have good and bad luck.

Fixed.
nice read. lol at the edit.. "wait till next year !"
do we have bad luck or do we not sustain consistent "good" play?
Good post. Im anxious to see what strides smith makes next year with the same offensive coordinator back to back years. Fix our O-line and get some depth in the secondary and we'll be a playoff team for sure next year no doubt.

Still a chance for this year too
Just about all teams have bad luck...take a look at any roster, and you'll find a lot of guys on IR or just banged up. The real truth about our team is we don't have the level of quality depth yet to be a playoff team. For example, when Gore went down, we had to turn to Coffee. GC may develop into a good NFL RB, but right now, he isn't. Behind him is MRob, who's also been banged up, but even when healthy isn't the kind of quality depth needed at RB. Another example...RT. When Pashos went on IR, Snyder had to fill in. He's been ok at times, but is clearly not the long-term answer at that position. We've been fortunate that Sims has stepped up so well to cover for Staley. We lost Clements, and Brown was inserted as starting CB...he's proven he's not quite ready for prime-time. Bly's had his moments, but also doesn't look to be the consistent quality that's needed. If any of the starting DL went down...who would step in and maintain a high level of play? We don't know, really, because outside of Evans and maybe McDonald, none are really proven. We've made progress...but it's not yet enough to be able to sustain a high level of play throughout the season. A good to excellent FA season and a top draft might propel us to a legit playoff team.
Share 49ersWebzone