LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

It's been 8 years since..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have had a QB throw for 20+ TD passes, a running back who ran for 1000+ yards and a receiver who had 1000+ yards receiving. Can you believe that? Way back when Garcia, Hearst and T.O. were running the show. It seems like yesterday. It's sad yet ironic in the sense that we had two complete decades where this statistic was damn near automatic. And now amidst trying to capture a winning record, and wondering if Alex Smith is the answer or whether Mike Singletary is truly the coach to lead us back to the promise land, one thing is certain things are looking up. Smith is on his way to throwing for 20 TD passes, Gore is approaching a third straight season of hitting the 1000+ yard plateau and Vernon Davis, our starting TE is going to break our franchise record in receiving yards and is on his way to 1000 and maybe just maybe some all-time NFL records in terms of total TD's from the TE position. Yes, we have been spoiled in having Montana, Young and even Garcia run the show for over 20 years but with the progression of Smith and the continuity we are finally developing as a cohesive unit, maybe just maybe this is the start of something fresh, because right now the proof is in the pudding in terms of numbers these guys are putting up. Now the only thing that needs to happen is that this must translate to wins. In time fellas I believe it will.

Go 9ers!
i will cry the day we make the playoffs again. growing up throughout the late garcia/T.O. era into the alex smith era has been painful.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i will cry the day we make the playoffs again. growing up throughout the late garcia/T.O. era into the alex smith era has been painful.

me too
It's been 8 years since I've gotten laid.....

j/k

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Dec 17, 2009 at 22:06:58 ]
Smith is 5 TDs away. Vernon is 185 yards away. Gore is 165 yards away.

It'd be quite nice indeed.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

j/k

So its been 9 years?
Originally posted by King49er:

me too

Well, we are three games away of having a strong possibilty of that happening. Yeah, you may laugh, but you can't stop one from dreaming.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dave1003:
We have had a QB throw for 20+ TD passes, a running back who ran for 1000+ yards and a receiver who had 1000+ yards receiving. Can you believe that? Way back when Garcia, Hearst and T.O. were running the show. It seems like yesterday. It's sad yet ironic in the sense that we had two complete decades where this statistic was damn near automatic. And now amidst trying to capture a winning record, and wondering if Alex Smith is the answer or whether Mike Singletary is truly the coach to lead us back to the promise land, one thing is certain things are looking up. Smith is on his way to throwing for 20 TD passes, Gore is approaching a third straight season of hitting the 1000+ yard plateau and Vernon Davis, our starting TE is going to break our franchise record in receiving yards and is on his way to 1000 and maybe just maybe some all-time NFL records in terms of total TD's from the TE position. Yes, we have been spoiled in having Montana, Young and even Garcia run the show for over 20 years but with the progression of Smith and the continuity we are finally developing as a cohesive unit, maybe just maybe this is the start of something fresh, because right now the proof is in the pudding in terms of numbers these guys are putting up. Now the only thing that needs to happen is that this must translate to wins. In time fellas I believe it will.

Go 9ers!

This will actually be Gore's 4 straight year with 1000 yards rushing.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

lol

j/k

So its been 9 years?
Originally posted by Esco:

Go 9ers!

This will actually be Gore's 4 straight year with 1000 yards rushing.

I guess thats why your the moderator.

My point is it will be nice when this happens. But more importantly I want us to finish at least 8-8. Sub .500 is gonna make me sick.
Originally posted by King49er:

me too

Well, we are three games away of having a strong possibilty of that happening. Yeah, you may laugh, but you can't stop one from dreaming.

that's been my motto for the past 3 seasons

no you wont. making the playoffs doesnt mean anything unless you win.

sure itll be a big step to finally get back, but the playoffs bring so much pain to the fans unless you belong there and can hang with the big boys. i have too many bad memories of slaughters against Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Green Bay.

obviously id rather make it than not make it, but going and getting your butt kicked and sent right back home is almost as frustrating as not making it.
My point is it will be nice when this happens. But more importantly I want us to finish at least 8-8. Sub .500 is gonna make me sick.

Sub .5 would be tough, but there is more than enough to get excited about for next year and the future. An offence that works and a dominant D with actually - can you believe it? - a pass rush!

Good times ahead.
Originally posted by Niners99:

no you wont. making the playoffs doesnt mean anything unless you win.

sure itll be a big step to finally get back, but the playoffs bring so much pain to the fans unless you belong there and can hang with the big boys. i have too many bad memories of slaughters against Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and Green Bay.

obviously id rather make it than not make it, but going and getting your butt kicked and sent right back home is almost as frustrating as not making it.

once we make it, i see us making it year after year. that finally means our team has turned the corner
Share 49ersWebzone