There are 214 users in the forums

WTF? Is This True?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
you have high standards krizay

lol As high as the expectations I was forced fed back in 06?

you mean the ones he is meeting this year

Oh yes.

Running by LB's and over DB's. Mismatch when ever he steps on the field. 5 guys to bring him down. YAC YAC YAC. Revolutionize the TE position. Yea he's meeting all those.

I wonder if the niners were to let you play in a game and sub for V Davis how many balls you would drop...TO is regaurded as a great WR I know it wont be said here on the boards cause he ran this team into the ground but you know what Livin in Dallas having to be forced to watch the games here Ive seen him drop a TON of passes...Bottom line is this V Davis is scoring alot of TDs and that the main thing you want to do isnt it score a TD? This is why Ive had so many issues of people saying F Gore And yes Ive heard this alot was better then a guy like LT...and Im Like WHAT? So what if you can run for 1000 yds but if your career high scoring TDs is around 8 for the season thats 1 score every other game how is that going to help you win...a few years ago he ran for close to 350 yds against the Seashawks and all that he scored was 2 TDs I believe? Sorry but when you rush in 1 game for 200+ yds you have to have scored 2 -3 times then follow that with a 150 yd the 2nd game there should have been another 1-2 TD he should have had 3-5 TDs not 2. It seems people here think rushing for yardage is mor important than scoring a TD...And if you dont like or think V Davis is special cause he drops passes you must not think Gore is special cause he drops ball that are called fumbles...and i remember him doing that at an alarming rate.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:

Oh yes.

Running by LB's and over DB's. Mismatch when ever he steps on the field. 5 guys to bring him down. YAC YAC YAC. Revolutionize the TE position. Yea he's meeting all those.

I wonder if the niners were to let you play in a game and sub for V Davis how many balls you would drop...TO is regaurded as a great WR I know it wont be said here on the boards cause he ran this team into the ground but you know what Livin in Dallas having to be forced to watch the games here Ive seen him drop a TON of passes...Bottom line is this V Davis is scoring alot of TDs and that the main thing you want to do isnt it score a TD? This is why Ive had so many issues of people saying F Gore And yes Ive heard this alot was better then a guy like LT...and Im Like WHAT? So what if you can run for 1000 yds but if your career high scoring TDs is around 8 for the season thats 1 score every other game how is that going to help you win...a few years ago he ran for close to 350 yds against the Seashawks and all that he scored was 2 TDs I believe? Sorry but when you rush in 1 game for 200+ yds you have to have scored 2 -3 times then follow that with a 150 yd the 2nd game there should have been another 1-2 TD he should have had 3-5 TDs not 2. It seems people here think rushing for yardage is mor important than scoring a TD...And if you dont like or think V Davis is special cause he drops passes you must not think Gore is special cause he drops ball that are called fumbles...and i remember him doing that at an alarming rate.

Enter button Dude

Enter

Button

Oh yes.

Enter button Dude

Enter

Button

Punctuation aside K, he is correct. Davis is doing what is most important for a pass catcher...scoring. He is going to end up being the best TE we have ever had, and we have had some pretty damn good ones.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Oh yes.

Enter button Dude

Enter

Button

Punctuation aside K, he is correct. Davis is doing what is most important for a pass catcher...scoring. He is going to end up being the best TE we have ever had, and we have had some pretty damn good ones.

I agree he's putting up the best numbers any TE we've ever had has.
I guess Davis is doing pretty good People are just too caught up in the losing season and occasional dropped passes to notice or appreciate the other things that he's doing TDs and yards. I don't think we've seen his ceiling.
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
This may be the best year of his career. As Alex connects with his wide receivers, the ball will be spread around more, thus less chances for Vernon. If the Niners can get that balance right between Davis, the wide receivers and Gore, Davis may have less opportunities. He is close to breaking records even with the drops. I think that he will get better and better and hopefully help pave the way to the Superbowl in the next couple of years. Go Niners.
Anybody remember before the season started Raye said the TE would be the "focal point of the offense"? And I thought, really?
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Anybody remember before the season started Raye said the TE would be the "focal point of the offense"? And I thought, really?

I just chalked it down to senility, cause the other previous OC said the same thing and it never happened. I'm coming around slowly towards Raye
I try to post something very positive and TRUE about our Niners and the haters come out like trailer trash on the Springer show. Why can't some of you fans give your team credit when it surly deserves it? If Davis makes a new NFL record or even comes close, there shouldn't be any debate, ESPECIALLY by Niner fans!
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Originally posted by 49er4life:
To think he would be long past 825 yards had he not dropped so many passes. He would even have a couple more TD's!

an unabated hater!

try being a fan that actually likes the team he/she roots for!!!!!!!

I don't see it. How is stating a fact being a hater?

Fact 1.

Fewer drops = more yards. Is that hating?

Fact 2.

Fewer drops in the End Zone = more TDs' and adding them to his current stat he would OWN the record outright unless someone else were keeping up with him. How is that hating?

Try some comprehension courses.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by Twister68:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

"It's not about the numbers"

Were you the guy in the other thread that said accuracy can't be taught?

I stand by the accuracy comment.

Your prerogative, but it is a totally ignorant position to try and defend. Too many examples of guys getting better at it for it to hold water. If there is something I am missing about your point of view, please explain.

I support krizay to an extent. It has a ceiling similar to top speed. Alex will NEVER be as accurate as Breese or Montana no different than Elway was never able to completely be accurate. A QB would need to change his throwing motion in order to get that elite level of accuracy and we all know that's the last thing you want to do at this stage.

FYI people, when Joecool supports you, you're in trouble.

We all remember Joecool giving a kiss of death to JTO.

He would call it the breath of life.

~Ceadder
  • Mex49
Originally posted by 49er4life:
To think he would be long past 825 yards had he not dropped so many passes. He would even have a couple more TD's!

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Twister68:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

"It's not about the numbers"

Were you the guy in the other thread that said accuracy can't be taught?

I stand by the accuracy comment.

Your prerogative, but it is a totally ignorant position to try and defend. Too many examples of guys getting better at it for it to hold water. If there is something I am missing about your point of view, please explain.

I support krizay to an extent. It has a ceiling similar to top speed. Alex will NEVER be as accurate as Breese or Montana no different than Elway was never able to completely be accurate. A QB would need to change his throwing motion in order to get that elite level of accuracy and we all know that's the last thing you want to do at this stage.

FYI people, when Joecool supports you, you're in trouble.

We all remember Joecool giving a kiss of death to JTO.

He would call it the breath of life.

~Ceadder

Ask him how his Spurs have been doing.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I guess Davis is doing pretty good People are just too caught up in the losing season and occasional dropped passes to notice or appreciate the other things that he's doing TDs and yards. I don't think we've seen his ceiling.

HOFers make the tough catch... it is just the fact.
Share 49ersWebzone