There are 226 users in the forums

WTF? Is This True?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I guess the plan for Vernon was to perfect in his first two seasons, then get him back to speed on his receiving like the Terrapin days.

Dude is the TOTAL PACKAGE!

I'm calling him Lex Luger from now on

Still leads the league in drops and his costly drop cost us the Seattle game. Vernon Davis is a good player but not a great player.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Still leads the league in drops and his costly drop cost us the Seattle game. Vernon Davis is a good player but not a great player.

frank gores fumble was just as significant
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

"It's not about the numbers"

No more lame excuses, just admit you were wrong.

LOL so now that's a lame excuse? Before this year it was the rule to live by!

I was wrong about him actually putting these numbers. Though my stance remains. I agreed that if he was thrown as much as you guys wanted he would put up the numbers. Just like other TE's around the league. The mere fact that it's gong to take him 14 games to surpass EJ's yardage mark and 16 to reach his catch mark only helps my point. The only difference is TD's. If we had joe schmo playing TE and all we did was throw to joe schmo in the redzone then Mr. Schmo would have all those td's as well. The problem is we don't have Joe Schmo on our team. Thus, my argument will never stick because all things aren't equal.

So arguing my stance this year would be like trying to play kick ball in the middle of the busiest street in NYC. No matter what points I make it will go unnoticed due to the amount of traffic.

That's like saying the only reason Rice was productive was because the ball was thrown to him so often...

He's thrown to because he's open, and he's getting TD receptions because he's tough in traffic. You think Jo Shmo would even be able to get the separation he does and then hang on to the ball after two guys hit him?

That's weak

What more does he have to do?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

I was wrong about him actually putting these numbers. Though my stance remains. I agreed that if he was thrown as much as you guys wanted he would put up the numbers. Just like other TE's around the league. The mere fact that it's gong to take him 14 games to surpass EJ's yardage mark and 16 to reach his catch mark only helps my point. The only difference is TD's. If we had joe schmo playing TE and all we did was throw to joe schmo in the redzone then Mr. Schmo would have all those td's as well. The problem is we don't have Joe Schmo on our team. Thus, my argument will never stick because all things aren't equal.

So arguing my stance this year would be like trying to play kick ball in the middle of the busiest street in NYC. No matter what points I make it will go unnoticed due to the amount of traffic.

That's like saying the only reason Rice was productive was because the ball was thrown to him so often...

He's thrown to because he's open, and he's getting TD receptions because he's tough in traffic. You think Jo Shmo would even be able to get the separation he does and then hang on to the ball after two guys hit him?

That's weak

I've been waiting 2 years for this argument to be brought up.

Jerry Rice would actually take 5 yard slants and go the distance. All Davis is doing is running routes and catching balls. Nothing special.

The same argument you guys kept making for Davis not getting the ball thrown to them enough (not being used properly) could also be used for Joe Schmo but you guys don't look at it like that. If we ran the those same guys on the same routes and threw it to them the same amount of times in the same situation. We'd likely get the same kind of results.

As I said it's hard for my point to stick because all things aren't equal. Thus, you guys can all say I was wrong and I got pwnd or whatever it is you want to say. It's impossible for me to get my point across. Especially this year. But it is what it is.

That's weak

Jerry Rice would actually take 5 yard slants and go the distance. All Davis is doing is running routes and catching balls. Nothing special.

The same argument you guys kept making for Davis not getting the ball thrown to them enough (not being used properly) could also be used for Joe Schmo but you guys don't look at it like that. If we ran the those same guys on the same routes and threw it to them the same amount of times in the same situation. We'd likely get the same kind of results.

As I said it's hard for my point to stick because all things aren't equal. Thus, you guys can all say I was wrong and I got pwnd or whatever it is you want to say. It's impossible for me to get my point across. Especially this year. But it is what it is.

That's weak

What the hell krizay? So the fact that he's scoring TDs just doesn't count? The dude is a monster blocker, runs great routes, and is on pace to break a pile of records for a TE. He is by far and away the best tight end in the game today demanding the opponent game plan for him week in and week out. If you had a crystal ball who would you have taken in 06? Ngata?

I think at this point you gotta eat crow or realize you're being a troll.

I think there is one stat you have to realize "Joe blow" could not put up. VD currently has caught over %50 of the TD's thrown this year. In other words he IS our offense, other teams know this and still cannot stop him.

That's weak

so other than becoming Jerry Rice what exactly would he have to do to gain your approval? just minimize the drops? because by my count that is the only hole in his game which is also an area in which he is rapidly improving. why do you love to hate him? give credit where credits due!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:

[ Edited by krizay on Dec 18, 2009 at 13:44:28 ]

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AkNiners:

That's weak

What the hell krizay? So the fact that he's scoring TDs just doesn't count? The dude is a monster blocker, runs great routes, and is on pace to break a pile of records for a TE. He is by far and away the best tight end in the game today demanding the opponent game plan for him week in and week out. If you had a crystal ball who would you have taken in 06? Ngata?

I think at this point you gotta eat crow or realize you're being a troll.

I think there is one stat you have to realize "Joe blow" could not put up. VD currently has caught over %50 of the TD's thrown this year. In other words he IS our offense, other teams know this and still cannot stop him.

So you agree that his numbers are due to the fact that he IS the guy getting all the passes and "Joe Blow" isn't "being used properly".
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wassmuth49:

That's weak

so other than becoming Jerry Rice what exactly would he have to do to gain your approval? just minimize the drops? because by my count that is the only hole in his game which is also an area in which he is rapidly improving. why do you love to hate him? give credit where credits due!

I've already given him his credit. It's not that he doesn't have my approval. I just don't think he's anything special.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
you have high standards krizay
  • krizay
  • Veteran

lol As high as the expectations I was force fed back in 06?

[ Edited by krizay on Dec 18, 2009 at 14:06:17 ]

lol As high as the expectations I was forced fed back in 06?

you mean the ones he is meeting this year
Share 49ersWebzone