LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

WTF? Is This True?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
davis is unstoppable. too fast for a LB and too big for a defensive back. not to mention he's one of the (if not the) best blocking TE in the league !

And if he had better hands, he could arguably be the best TE in the game.

I wish he could cut down on the drops.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
davis is unstoppable. too fast for a LB and too big for a defensive back. not to mention he's one of the (if not the) best blocking TE in the league !

He's gotten a LOT better this year. He would have dropped about half the touchdown passes he has caught in traffic in previous years. Some of those over-the-shoulder catches were amazing, even taking a big hit in traffic then holding onto the ball. He has dropped some very catchable passes though.
the niners should give some tries on some end arounds. once he gets his hands on the ball he's dangerous. just a thought. i'm all buzzed. i love vacation days.
Set an NFL TE record get robbed in pro bowl voting....NICE
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

well he's a lot better than he was last year with catching the ball, i think he will get better with his hands every year, and having michael sticky fingers crabtree as a team mate will only help Davis in his devlopment
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Bear Pascoe >>> Vernon Davis any day of the week.

You noobs need to get on board the Pascoe bandwagon.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Bear Pascoe >>> Vernon Davis any day of the week.

You noobs need to get on board the Pascoe bandwagon.

Ya he was so bad ass in college bear pascoe all the way!
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

"It's not about the numbers"

Then it's about production, and helping your team win, right? Something Davis has done better than any other player on our offense this year.
That's cool, in Alex's best season he had 17 touchdowns, now he can surpass that without having played the entire season
I think Vernon will accomplish both tasks this year. He should get about 5 more TDs and he should get above a thousand yards. He is fulfilling our expectations of him as a TE. He is a probowl TE.

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If he reaches 1000+ and 14 TDs, setting the NFL and franchise records.. well.. Krizay, who I'm sure already realizes by now how worth it it was to make the Vernon pick over any other player at that spot, will be able to fully accept that fact.

"It's not about the numbers"

No more lame excuses, just admit you were wrong.
Originally posted by btwagner:
Set an NFL TE record get robbed in pro bowl voting....NICE

it

is

fan

voting

not

final

count
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED MICHAEL HUFF!!!!

Originally posted by dave1003:
Davis is in beast mode. I know I am looking ahead, and I know this eagles game is the MOST important of the final 3, but you can't help but imagine VD going off for 100+ yards against the Lions or Rams. He will most likely hit 1000 and definitely can break the TD record Gates holds. Can you imagine that? Davis and Gore get 1000 a piece and Smith throws for 20+ TD's!?! Folks, believers in Smith or not, lovers and haters of the guy, you all need to understand this hasn't happened in a long long time.

That alone gets me excited about our 9ers.

I think out of the Eagles, rams and lions, VD matches up best against the eagles.

Eagles: Have not surrendered a 100 yards on the ground since the last time they played...Us. They have an aging LB corp that is going to have no hope of keeping up with the NFL's #1 TD catching machine. They know this as well, and there will likely be an extra safety or corner (Any ideas who they'll match up?!) spying VD/blitzing.

Lions: I don't know if you all remember Julien Peterson, but if there is a LB in the NFL outside Willis who can run with a fast TE it's him. Is he still the player he was? This game will show it.

Rams: Never mind. We will destroy the rams.
Originally posted by AkNiners:

I think out of the Eagles, rams and lions, VD matches up best against the eagles.

Eagles: Have not surrendered a 100 yards on the ground since the last time they played...Us. They have an aging LB corp that is going to have no hope of keeping up with the NFL's #1 TD catching machine. They know this as well, and there will likely be an extra safety or corner (Any ideas who they'll match up?!) spying VD/blitzing.

Lions: I don't know if you all remember Julien Peterson, but if there is a LB in the NFL outside Willis who can run with a fast TE it's him. Is he still the player he was? This game will show it.

Rams: Never mind. We will destroy the rams.
You mean 100 yard rusher, as in a single person. They average giving up 101.5. And if you noticed in all over there loses not one team gave up on the run. In all of there blow outs the teams haven't had any success on the run. Giving up on the run would be playing into there hands. They have 4 solid pass rushing DEs they are 4th in the league in interceptions. The key in this game is to be patient with the run. I would love to see more runs out of the shotgun and delays this game. Let there DEs get up field and run right behind them. In the pass screens can be effective because they have weak LBs, and there DEs are sack hungry. The 49ers best opportunity to win would be to make this game a dog fight. The Eagles have proven they prefer big play games. The 49ers will have to be discipline with penalties and effective in the run game to win this game.
Share 49ersWebzone