LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Goldson second leading tackler

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Goldson second leading tackler

it would be bad if those tackles were being made becasue the niners were being gashed for big runs or if the corners were blowing their assingments and those stats may be a result of that. or they could be a result of D scheme design and aggressiveness by goldson (dont let the O get outside leverage funnel everything back towards your help and stay in your lane)
his numbers may be a result of a little of both im leaning towards design.......let the stat guys around here crunch the numbers
I was starting to wonder about Goldson but he showed in this game he has mad skills.It just takes some time with most of these young players.Keep it up Dashon!!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
His numbers would be higher, if he would wrap people up. Even on those fumble causing hits on MNF, he still wasnt wrapping anyone up, he came in arms down looking to deliver a big shoulder hit, what happens if it was brandon jacobs, and the rb just kept running??

are you serious? those fumbles he caused the guy was already wrapped up and going down he was just coming in for the finishing blow, to b***h about those plays is just stupid

Go look at the replays, on some of them the rb was spinning out of other tackles, they weren't all wrapped up.

He does this all the time, go look at any other game this season where he missed a tackle.

Not hating on him, I just want to make sure he stops missing tackles.

I support all niners, until they are no longer niners.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
His numbers would be higher, if he would wrap people up. Even on those fumble causing hits on MNF, he still wasnt wrapping anyone up, he came in arms down looking to deliver a big shoulder hit, what happens if it was brandon jacobs, and the rb just kept running??

i dont think he would do that to brandon jacobs.

Ronnie Lott would.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Ronnie Lott would.

True, and jacobs would go down, and would hear footsteps after that.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Ronnie Lott would.

True, and jacobs would go down, and would hear footsteps after that.

• ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Goldson's not a ball hawk

he's a body hawk

click clak
There's good and bad in that number...first, the good is he's got a lot of stops. The bad is it also means he's allowing too many plays to happen in front of him. The Goldson I want to see more of is what he showed on Monday night...that of being a difference maker. I believe had Michael Lewis not suffered his concussions, he'd again be behind only Willis in tackles. So, it's a mixed bag when your FS has that many tackles...we need a real playmaker back there, and if his performance Monday night is a glimpse of what's coming, we're in good shape. The position of need may really be SS...because of ML's concussion issues, they may need to find his replacement sooner rather than later.
I think people tend to forget that this 3-4 in particular which Nolan's fingerprints are still all over, the Safety and MLB spots are the playmakers. Theyre designed to make most of the tackles. If it was someone like Nate or another DB then yeah it would be a problem. I may be wrong but hasnt M. Lewis been second or third in tackles almost every year since hes been here.
Share 49ersWebzone