There are 347 users in the forums

With crabtree in place, does the QB make the WR or the WR make the QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I say both.

In our case, I think Crabs is helping out Smith more than Smith is helping out Crabs though.

I agree. A good example is the MN game, where Crabtree had the TD run. Alex thru the ball out wide, and but for Crabtree's ability, we would have ended up with nothing.

Who cares really...there were many passes that Young and even ::gasp:: Montana threw that weren't great throws but Rice/Taylor made sensational grabs.

Point is..it goes both ways. Sometimes a QB will throw a "bad ball" so to speak knowing that their particular star WR will some how make the grab. Its like playing football with your buddies in a park. The guy who is the fastest and tallest usually tells you in the huddle.."dude just throw it near me I'll get it." OBVIOUSLY the NFL is way different...lol..but you get my point. A QB can "afford" a reckless throw here and there knowing..."It MAY not get caught but it could...and it CERTAINLY wont get picked."
would you rather have jerry rice or joe montana?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

jerry rice with steve young
Originally posted by valrod33:

jerry rice with steve young

I think a better argument would be Matt Leinart w/ Boldin and Fitzgerald vs. Peyton Manning w/ the Colts WRs (minus Reggie Wayne). Or even Tom Brady with the group of receivers he had from 2001-2006. It can go both ways, but I'd say the QB makes the receiver more often than not.
This is easy. Look at the Colts for your answer
Share 49ersWebzone