LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

More Gore? 49ers are 5-0 in '09 when ...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 49ers are 5-0 this season when Frank Gore gets more than 15 carries. They are 0-6 when he does not (Gore missed two additional games).

Sometimes a running back will get more carries simply because his team is winning. In this case, though, we're not talking about 20 or 25 carries. Fifteen is a relatively low figure....ESPN NFC WEST blog

[ Edited by global_nomad on Dec 16, 2009 at 22:40:11 ]
In that case, GIVE GORE AT LEAST 20 TOUCHES a game!!!! running or receiving!

fire up the tank we're rollin in to philly
oh, but he's so overrated!
No let's stick with this spread and this moronic quarterback we have, errrrrrr. Jeez just give 21 the dang ball and let's go already.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
oh, but he's so overrated!

i hope philly is thinking the same thing
Gore should get the ball ATLEAST 15 times a game, every damn game!

how is philly's run defense anyway? or their defense in general? it started out good but i dont think theyre top 5 or anything
Those statistics are always deceiving. When you are up you try to run the ball more to run out the clock and run out the game. Of course you always win more when your RB gets more carries. That's the case for every team.

It means you were up in the game, in control and trying to run out the clock.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Those statistics are always deceiving. When you are up you try to run the ball more to run out the clock and run out the game. Of course you always win more when your RB gets more carries. That's the case for every team.

It also means that you were able to run SUCCESSFULLY.

If you keep going 3n'out, your running back won't get many carries, even if you give him the ball every play.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
how is philly's run defense anyway? or their defense in general? it started out good but i dont think theyre top 5 or anything

Top 10 run defense.
it does not matter if philly's def is top 5 or 10....GB's def was top 5 overall i believe when we played them several weeks ago....Gore had a nice long run in the opening drive...if we feed Gore and keep on feedin' him...we will come out with a "W" this weekend!
folks crack me up what happen to.......

we're going to a spread offense so we need a new back

frank is washed up
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Gore averaged more than Chris Johnson in the TEN game but we thought it would be cute to throw 40 times and lose again. Gore is our best player.
Share 49ersWebzone