LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

THIRD in Pro Bowl voting for TE's behind Tony Gonzalez & Jeremy Shockey?!?!?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thats why I hate pro bowl voting. Its all name recognition and who gets on TV more. I understand TG because he is a HOFer and pretty much gets a pass...I get that. But Shockey???? Seriously? Guy hasnt done sht. Why not Shiancoe then? Stupid.

Davis has 11 TDs..how is that ignored? Oh wait...we are never on TV.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Thats why I hate pro bowl voting. Its all name recognition and who gets on TV more. I understand TG because he is a HOFer and pretty much gets a pass...I get that. But Shockey???? Seriously? Guy hasnt done sht. Why not Shiancoe then? Stupid.

Davis has 11 TDs..how is that ignored? Oh wait...we are never on TV.

its just fan voting right now
Ironically, not making the Pro Bowl may be the best thing for Davis. They say to test a man give him success or adversity. Davis has experienced adversity in the NFL (i.e., for a time being labled a border line bust), and he really didn't respond that well (e.g., celebrating every first down as though he had found the cure for cancer).

Similarly, I worry about how he'll deal with success (best season of any tight end in Niner history and, before he's through, perhaps any tight end in history). Not making the Pro Browl might just be the thing he needs to keep him focused.

Just a thought....
Originally posted by Robert:
Ironically, not making the Pro Bowl may be the best thing for Davis. They say to test a man give him success or adversity. Davis has experienced adversity in the NFL (i.e., for a time being labled a border line bust), and he really didn't respond that well (e.g., celebrating every first down as though he had found the cure for cancer).

Similarly, I worry about how he'll deal with success (best season of any tight end in Niner history and, before he's through, perhaps any tight end in history). Not making the Pro Browl might just be the thing he needs to keep him focused.

Just a thought....

he will make the pro bowl just not as a starter
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Robert:

Just a thought....

he will make the pro bowl just not as a starter

Right....I wasn't really losing sleep over the notion of him not making the pro bowl. The point of my post was the note that his NOT making the pro bowl may, in fact, be a good thing.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Told ya'll Davis wont start. He'll make it but Gonzalez will start.
Shockey used to play for the Giants and that is probably the only name East Coast people recognize since they live in their own world.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
It's simple...

Tony Gonzalez is in because he's Tony Gonzalez, future HOF.

Shockey is in because the Saints are undefeated.

If our record was better than it is, VD would be number 1.

Agreed.

But I expect this to change once Duke breaks the TD record for a TE.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
It's simple...

Agreed.

~Ceadder

Damn Straight. Vernon will be in Hawaii representing with the best LB in football, P-Willy and our booming punter Andy Lee. The funny thing is we all know Vernon still has room to improve, but he is rockin!
Originally posted by KevinBarlow:
The Pro Bowl is just a popularity contest. And they wonder why nobody takes it seriously.

THATS WHY I KEEP TELLING YOU GUYS TO VOTE !!!!!

Stat wise, he's #1.. but no one knows who he is. Shockey isn't even doing good this year, but his name alone will get him to the pro bowl
Originally posted by dave1003:
It's simple...

Agreed.

~Ceadder

Damn Straight. Vernon will be in Hawaii representing with the best LB in football, P-Willy and our booming punter Andy Lee. The funny thing is we all know Vernon still has room to improve, but he is rockin!

Well, I knew the man was capable and expected him to go off this season. But I never expected him to break the single season scoring record. I always expected guys like Gonzo and Shockey to be that guy if it was attainable. That says alot about the Greatness of Duke. Now he just needs to settle down and make the easy catches that fall harmlessly to the ground. Cause make no mistake it is nerves more often than not. He WANTS to make the catch so bad that he puts more pressure on himself and fails.

Though next season I fully expect that not to be an issue.

~Ceadder
why is everyone so concerned about just the fan voting? (1/3) acting like this is the final count
It's simple...

Agreed.

~Ceadder

Just FYI, the Pro Bowl is in Miami this season (don't even get me started on how STUPID I think that is...1- it'll be played A WEEK before the Super Bowl and 2- you can bet none of the players from the Super Bowl teams will play in the P.B.)

[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Dec 17, 2009 at 20:49:29 ]
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
It's simple...

Agreed.

~Ceadder

Just FYI, the Pro Bowl is in Miami this season (don't even get me started on how STUPID I think that is...1- it'll be played A WEEK before the Super Bowl and 2- you can bet none of the players from the Super Bowl teams will play in the P.B.)[dazed]

thats funny because if Shockey doesn't play than Vernon is in if his position doesn't change after the coaches and players make their votes.
Share 49ersWebzone