LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

THIRD in Pro Bowl voting for TE's behind Tony Gonzalez & Jeremy Shockey?!?!?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not surprised. The niners gotta start winning to get some recognition.
it's cuz he's black!
  • dj43
Shockey has always had a lot of support, even when he was in NY. It is even higher now with NO's record. Also, he has missed some PT due to injury yet still has good numbers.

Davis gets hurt because of his drops and penalties along with the relatively poor record of the team. His TD total alone does not make up for the other issues, according to this vote.
its the same reason that America is failing. Dumb people get their vote too.
If Davis doesn't go, it might one of the biggest snubs, ever.

-9fA
This just shows fans shouldn't get a say so in voting.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
This is only in fan votes, which only makes up 1/3rd of the total voting...the player and coaches vote almost always makes sure the right players go...almost..

in a case like this it is a sure fire thing, you know that every single player and coach in the NFL is going to vote Davis first, because unlike the majority of a lot of fans, they actually know who is having a huge year rather than who the popular name is...i'd actually predict the final votes resulting in Davis > Shiancoe > Gonzales

when its not 100% clear who a leader is, is when the fan vote can often sway favor to the wrong guy, but considering davis only needs 2 TD's to tie the NFL record for TE's..im pretty sure that isnt going to happen...
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Tony Gonzalez I can understand. But Jeremy Shockey? WTF

fukin bulls**t, how is someone on the verge of breaking the all time td catches for a TE and does not make the probowl

what is the all time TD record for tight ends in a season?

All time record I believe is 13 in a single season, set by the chargers' Antonio gates a few years back. So VD only needs two more TDs to tie and three to break the record, which he is on pace for...
Originally posted by teeohh:
frank is 4th,

how many backs get to go?

3, and in the NFC AP and Steven Jackson should go for sure. its a toss up between DeAngelo Williams or Gore as the last spot, so 4th place for Gore is about right.

Williams has about 250 more rushing yds, but Gore missed time, and Gore has 3 more total TD's, with 2 less fumbles and they have about the same receiving numbers.

id honestly go gore, but it wouldnt be an outrage if he didnt get it.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
If Davis doesn't go, it might one of the biggest snubs, ever.

-9fA

Davis will go. the fan voting is only partial. the AP and players/coaches get votes too. the fans should have voting privileges stripped because they have no idea how to vote. dont get me started on how dumb the fan voting is.

Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Tony Gonzalez I can understand. But Jeremy Shockey? WTF

fukin bulls**t, how is someone on the verge of breaking the all time td catches for a TE and does not make the probowl

what is the all time TD record for tight ends in a season?

All time record I believe is 13 in a single season, set by the chargers' Antonio gates a few years back. So VD only needs two more TDs to tie and three to break the record, which he is on pace for...

he could have 2 a piece gainst the Lambs & the Lions

i hope he does set it
america's gonna look really f**kin stupid if vernon sets the TE record for td's and gets snubbed out of the pro bowl
  • dmax
  • Veteran
crazy
Originally posted by teeohh:
Shockey? are you kidding me, dude only has 3 touchdowns and barely 600 yards

he's only getting voted in because of the saints

the coaches and players will get it right, if davis doesn't go to the pro bowl I will be pissed

Agree, coaches & players will vote Vernon in!
haha
Share 49ersWebzone