There are 233 users in the forums

THIRD in Pro Bowl voting for TE's behind Tony Gonzalez & Jeremy Shockey?!?!?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
...is Vernon Davis?!?!?! Inconceivable!!!!

Mike Sando, ESPN

BS
Tony Gonzalez - 75 rec , 788 yds , 5 TD

Jeremy Shockey - 48 rec , 569 yds , 3 TD

Vernon Davis - 66 rec , 815 yds , 11 TD
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Tony Gonzalez I can understand. But Jeremy Shockey? WTF
Shockey? are you kidding me, dude only has 3 touchdowns and barely 600 yards

he's only getting voted in because of the saints

the coaches and players will get it right, if davis doesn't go to the pro bowl I will be pissed
It's simple...

Tony Gonzalez is in because he's Tony Gonzalez, future HOF.

Shockey is in because the Saints are undefeated.

If our record was better than it is, VD would be number 1.
Nobody cares about the pro bowl

Cedric Benson is leading over Chris Johnson, enough said
i don't really know what to say other than wow..maybe its because they're closer to the east coast
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i don't really know what to say other than wow..maybe its because they're closer to the east coast

that

frank is 4th,

how many backs get to go?

is that just the fan voting???

because players and coaches votes account for a third of the vote as well.
The Pro Bowl is just a popularity contest. And they wonder why nobody takes it seriously.
its because he sucks and cant catch

j/k I love how his work ethic has changed. Its just East Coast bias. 49ers aren't talked about nationally and the fact Davis leads the NFL in TDs isn't publicized.

He would be the #1 snub if he doesn't go, but I can see it happening.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Shockey? are you kidding me, dude only has 3 touchdowns and barely 600 yards

he's only getting voted in because of the saints

the coaches and players will get it right, if davis doesn't go to the pro bowl I will be pissed

I usually don't vote but after seeing this, I'm pulling up another window to vote right now. This is Complete and Utter BS. F'ing Jeremy Shockey. Are you kidding me?
This is only in fan votes, which only makes up 1/3rd of the total voting...the player and coaches vote almost always makes sure the right players go...almost..

in a case like this it is a sure fire thing, you know that every single player and coach in the NFL is going to vote Davis first, because unlike the majority of a lot of fans, they actually know who is having a huge year rather than who the popular name is...i'd actually predict the final votes resulting in Davis > Shiancoe > Gonzales

when its not 100% clear who a leader is, is when the fan vote can often sway favor to the wrong guy, but considering davis only needs 2 TD's to tie the NFL record for TE's..im pretty sure that isnt going to happen...
Share 49ersWebzone