LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Isaac Bruce: Should Sing play him vs Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
sorry bruce, if you want to catch passes in stl, then wait till the season is over, sign with them and retire after the first game.
News reports say that the other WRs approached Sing about Bruce playing and it is likely that he will.

This says a lot about our team unity and chemistry, IMO. Good stuff.
Why not? We have nothing to lose, and a HOF of his caliber deserves to play one final game in front of his fans.
yeah very good stuff. I hope he plays well in front of his StL fans.
Wow..
Morgan convinces Sing to play Isaac Bruce

What a class guy Morgan is. First giving way to Crabtree, now honoring a vet in Bruce.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Wow..

What a class guy Morgan is. First giving way to Crabtree, now honoring a vet in Bruce.

Such a selfish player! How dare he put Bruce on the spot like that because HE wanted to see Bruce play one last time!

If Bruce plays Nate Davis should play as well!

Davis baby!
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Wow..

Such a selfish player! How dare he put Bruce on the spot like that because HE wanted to see Bruce play one last time!

Bruce should play because he is a class act here is the quote of Bruce from Matt Barrows twitter:
"Bruce said he didn't think Josh Morgan's and Michael Crabtree's progress "should be interrupted" but looks forward to playing in STL ..."

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
If Bruce plays Nate Davis should play as well!

Davis baby!

Try to refrain from blatant attempts at thread hijacking.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Wow..

Morgan, you jerk.

I give props to Morgan.

He's had to train Crabtree, who took his spot and now he's giving his starting role to Bruce. Classy.

-9fA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Wow..

Singletary is an idiot for not realizing it himself.

It's not like there's a huge drop off when you compare the stats of Isaac Bruce on the sidelines vs. Brandon Jones on the field.
I like the karma of this move. No good reason not to give a good player one last shot. I also like that the team rallied around him to make it happen.
Yes. Bruce is a class act and its only right that he should be able to play one more time. This is probably the last opportunity he will have before retiring and its in St Louis, so its right on time..........
Why not let the man play his last game at the place where it all started for him?

I mean seriously, if it were Rice you KNOW you would want to see him suit up and play if it were his last hurrah and it were at the Stick.

This is no different. Can't fault Bruce for the fortunes of our season and with nothing more than a Win for pride on the line, I see no reason why Bruce should not be allowed to go out like a man.

Especially when his teammates went to Sing and let him know they feel that Bruce should play his final game in St. Louis against the team that he started with.

Besides, if Denver had kept Rice around his final season and didn't play him? You would have been miffed and making statements about the lack of Class that team showed by not allowing him to suit up.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone