There are 210 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

McNabb is a Nate Davis fan...

Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
Originally posted by valrod33:
So he thinks Alex Smith cant play and is a bum, well f**k Donovan Mcnabb and his chunky soup

McNabb didn't even mention Alex Smith. The article had Alex Smith responding/clarifying to Jon Gruden's comments regarding what Alex Smith had reportedly told him, specifically that he was struggling with the deep ball. Nobody in that article said Smith was a bum and can't play.

Originally posted by DeryDonahue:
The WZ is making me dislike Nate Davis before he has even played one snap under center. I need to quit reading these asinine posts about him. Who are these people who want to see him play against first string NFL defenses when he hasn't taken snaps with the offense in practice??? Have these people no football knowledge? It is painfully obvious that they do not. "Let's see what we HAVE" or "Smith is garbage, lets throw in our inexperienced 5th round draft pick with no experience running the offense and ride him to the playoffs." Give me a break. These must be Raider fans...

OK, if ever there was a misplaced rant, this is it. Yes there are numerous threads about Nate Davis and people here who have voiced their opinions about starting him sooner rather than later. But I do not see anything in this OP coming anywhere near that. This thread is, or at least was, about another NFL QB that followed Davis' last college year, who thinks he has a bright future in the league, and who stated he would like to train with Davis.

I've looked at the original post about a dozen times, and read the article over and over again looking for it. Even shined the black light looking for it in invisible ink and used my Ovaltine decoder ring to see if there were any hidden messages in there. Nope, not one reference about Smith being garbage, not one demand to bench Smith now to have him replaced by Davis. Not one hint of a comment about Nate Davis leading us to the playoffs this year. Give me a break. This is a perfectly legit reference to an article about the potential future of a quarterback that is on our roster. That kind of stuff almost makes me want to become a Raider fan. They may behave in a more civilized manner.

I was kidding
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
So he thinks Alex Smith cant play and is a bum, well f**k Donovan Mcnabb and his chunky soup

McNabb didn't even mention Alex Smith. The article had Alex Smith responding/clarifying to Jon Gruden's comments regarding what Alex Smith had reportedly told him, specifically that he was struggling with the deep ball. Nobody in that article said Smith was a bum and can't play.

Originally posted by DeryDonahue:
The WZ is making me dislike Nate Davis before he has even played one snap under center. I need to quit reading these asinine posts about him. Who are these people who want to see him play against first string NFL defenses when he hasn't taken snaps with the offense in practice??? Have these people no football knowledge? It is painfully obvious that they do not. "Let's see what we HAVE" or "Smith is garbage, lets throw in our inexperienced 5th round draft pick with no experience running the offense and ride him to the playoffs." Give me a break. These must be Raider fans...

OK, if ever there was a misplaced rant, this is it. Yes there are numerous threads about Nate Davis and people here who have voiced their opinions about starting him sooner rather than later. But I do not see anything in this OP coming anywhere near that. This thread is, or at least was, about another NFL QB that followed Davis' last college year, who thinks he has a bright future in the league, and who stated he would like to train with Davis.

I've looked at the original post about a dozen times, and read the article over and over again looking for it. Even shined the black light looking for it in invisible ink and used my Ovaltine decoder ring to see if there were any hidden messages in there. Nope, not one reference about Smith being garbage, not one demand to bench Smith now to have him replaced by Davis. Not one hint of a comment about Nate Davis leading us to the playoffs this year. Give me a break. This is a perfectly legit reference to an article about the potential future of a quarterback that is on our roster. That kind of stuff almost makes me want to become a Raider fan. They may behave in a more civilized manner.

I was kidding

Ah...sarcasm so hard to detect in print...sorry

Originally posted by susweel:
Its becuase there both black.

Joke
I would give up our two first rounders for Mcnabb in a second. High draft picks are expensive, often don't develop during their first contract, and are pretty much a coin flip anyways. Mcnabb is proven, is still elusive and young enough to bring, at the very least, a few very competitive years to SF. Having a qb like that is a great sell to free agent prospects as well. Sorry, but Alex Smith leading the ship is the exact opposite of that.
Originally posted by BY_4_HOF:
I would give up our two first rounders for Mcnabb in a second. High draft picks are expensive, often don't develop during their first contract, and are pretty much a coin flip anyways. Mcnabb is proven, is still elusive and young enough to bring, at the very least, a few very competitive years to SF. Having a qb like that is a great sell to free agent prospects as well. Sorry, but Alex Smith leading the ship is the exact opposite of that.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Channeling Dan Snyder tonight?
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by zozell:
Good Read
McNabb predicts bright future for 49ers Rookie QB

i think he's the future too! if alex smith is as good as he should be then we woulda capitalized off at least 4 of the 7 turnovers!

So do I. I am basically resigned to the thought that Alex will hold down the spot for one maybe two more years until Nate is ready. In the short preason stints Nate has shown more instincts, touch, and pocket awareness than Alex ever has. I am hoping that Alex can be functional enough to win in the meantime, but see Nate as the long term solution now. There will be those who will clamour for a Qb to be taken in this draft, but I am not sold on any of them as sure things. Nate is already a year into his development and I see his talent level at or near the level of any of those guys. With the execption of maybe Bradford. Plus any one of those guys will take two to three years to get ready. Lets be smart and develop Nate properly then set him loose in 2011 or 2012.
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
The WZ is making me dislike Nate Davis before he has even played one snap under center. I need to quit reading these asinine posts about him. Who are these people who want to see him play against first string NFL defenses when he hasn't taken snaps with the offense in practice??? Have these people no football knowledge? It is painfully obvious that they do not. "Lets see what we HAVE" or "Smith is garbage, lets throw in our inexperienced 5th round draft pick with no experience running the offense and ride him to the playoffs". Give me a break. These must be Raider fans...

Ya, I laugh so hard at the "Less start Nate " post . Less have a football IQ test , only if you pass then you could post !

Wel he can proly rite and punktuate better than yu.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by zozell:
Good Read
McNabb predicts bright future for 49ers Rookie QB

i think he's the future too! if alex smith is as good as he should be then we woulda capitalized off at least 4 of the 7 turnovers!

So do I. I am basically resigned to the thought that Alex will hold down the spot for one maybe two more years until Nate is ready. In the short preason stints Nate has shown more instincts, touch, and pocket awareness than Alex ever has. I am hoping that Alex can be functional enough to win in the meantime, but see Nate as the long term solution now. There will be those who will clamour for a Qb to be taken in this draft, but I am not sold on any of them as sure things. Nate is already a year into his development and I see his talent level at or near the level of any of those guys. With the execption of maybe Bradford. Plus any one of those guys will take two to three years to get ready. Lets be smart and develop Nate properly then set him loose in 2011 or 2012.

I agree. It was only pre-season but Nate looked more composed than I've ever seen Alex (even in pre-season..). Even after getting rocked a few times he never got happy feet. If they can get a good solid line in place in the next year or two, Nate could really shine.

Wow. 2 first rounders! Why stop there?

As Churchill once said, never has so much been offered by so many for so little.
Good for him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Its becuase there both black.

Joke

Obviously your kidding but isn't Mcnabb known for taking an interest in helping only other black qbs? When Mcnabb seemed to have advice for Alex Smith this season it was seen as not typical for Mcnabb.
We don't know what we have in Nate Davis. I thought he looked pretty damn good in preseason. But he was playing against scrubs in games where the players don't give a s**t and the coaches don't game plan. I was hoping we would see Davis play the final two games but the Niners were busy trying to win meaningless games.

Alex Smith? He sucks. Why waste more time??

Mcnabb? I wouldn't trade two first rd picks for him but would definitely part with one first rd pick. Mcnabb is good enough to lead this team to 10 win seasons. Sure, Mcnabb isn't a big game qb and has a history of choking in the playoffs. But Mcnabb's poor seasons are better then what we have around here. I would rather have a fun season (10 wins) and make the playoffs then spend most of the season HOPING we can finish 8-8 and brag that were the best team not in the playoffs.
Well, hopefully we trade for McNabb and he can play 2-3 years here... Bring us the playoffs and maybe more while teaching Nate Davis how to play in the NFL.

A second round pick and Alex Smith.

[ Edited by Chief on Jan 24, 2010 at 10:13:11 ]
Originally posted by Chief:
A second round pick and Alex Smith.

Make it so.