LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Does Special Teams Coordinator Al Everest Get Fired?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Special Teams Coordinator Al Everest Get Fired?

If so, Does he get fired? Isn't it something like 7 fumbles on special teams this season? I'd love to hire Bobby April from the Buffalo Bills if we could get him.

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 15, 2009 at 21:22:51 ]
I dont think so

when we had rossum we really didnt have this many fumbles.

Then you have idiot players who should know better than to try and catch a punt in traffic.
Don't know. But I don't think so. Our coverage units have been very good. One good play by Percy Harvin early in the year, but it happens sometimes. Other than that, we've been fine.
Of course not. It's not his fault we don't have a returner. Our punt and kickoff coverage has always been one of the best, and has a knack on making our second and third stringers into really good special teamers.
real test this sunday against jackson
Originally posted by PTulini:
If so, Does he get fired? Isn't it something like 7 fumbles on special teams this season? I'd love to hire Bobby April from the Buffalo Bills if we could get him.

Ummmm 7 fumbles cause McCloughan cut Rossum. Yeah let's fire Everest it's all his fault.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Ummmm 7 fumbles cause McCloughan cut Rossum. Yeah let's fire Everest it's all his fault.

~Ceadder

Dude, it was just a question.
I don't think so, special teams wasn't bad last year unless I'm mistaken. We just need a more able return guy, and that should be a priority this offseason.
hmmm i dont know but all i see is sing and him "arguing" all the time on the sidelines
Nah...he's one of the best in the league. What we do need is some real returners...I still say the answer is to trade for Josh Cribbs. Browns need players/draft picks, so why not make a deal.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

Dude, it was just a question.

I know bruh, but you know that stuff like this gets blown out of proportion by the likes of MadDog, ZRF etc.

Notice I didn't say , which I just as easily could have done. And it was more a comment to those whom said yes to the poll.

Oh yeah and the fumble on the Reverse was Sing's idea not Everest's, so if AE goes then Sing should shoulder some of the responsibility as well. And if McCloughan fired AE then he should fire himself for making such a stupid mistake. I get that we had to stick to the 53 man roster, but cutting Spurlock would have been the way to go at that point.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 15, 2009 at 23:47:01 ]
Al Everest is a great ST coach. weve had above average ST play for years under him.

dont fire the guy because Arnaz Battle and Brandon Jones are Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber out there as returners.
was wondering the same thing, the looks i see from singletary remind me of the looks he gave martz at times last year.

He`s around Sing alot on the sidelines too, I think he stays...

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Dec 16, 2009 at 00:22:43 ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Al Everest is a great ST coach. weve had above average ST play for years under him.

dont fire the guy because Arnaz Battle and Brandon Jones are Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber out there as returners.

cosigned he's a good coach. We just don't have a returner and our coverage skills have suffered because we lost some of our past ST players, like Keith Lewis and Ulbrich. Both of those guys used to be money on special teams. Now a lot of guys who haven't played there before are getting PT trying to cover and a lot of young players are out there, like Coffee.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Niners99:

cosigned he's a good coach. We just don't have a returner and our coverage skills have suffered because we lost some of our past ST players, like Keith Lewis and Ulbrich. Both of those guys used to be money on special teams. Now a lot of guys who haven't played there before are getting PT trying to cover and a lot of young players are out there, like Coffee.

He's the best coordinator on the team, and probably the best special teams coach the niners ever had.
Share 49ersWebzone