There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Manusky getting a lot of attention

Now that we've had two very good defensive games during prime time I've noticed that Greg Manusky has been receiving a good amount of media attention. Of course this is a good sign for him, it means he's doing a hell of a job with what he has but all I can think about is how easily we lost McCarthy in '05 and Turner in '06 ot head coaching jobs. Does anyone else think theres a chance that another team will offer him a job as a HC?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Now that we've had two very good defensive games during prime time I've noticed that Greg Manusky has been receiving a good amount of media attention. Of course this is a good sign for him, it means he's doing a hell of a job with what he has but all I can think about is how easily we lost McCarthy in '05 and Turner in '06 ot head coaching jobs. Does anyone else think theres a chance that another team will offer him a job as a HC?

I don't think he will get a lot of attention this year, but maybe after the 2010 season.
No, too many proven names out there right now.

Isn't there already a Manusky HC thread?
I'd rather have him as our HC than Singletary. But I hope we can at least keep him at DC.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
please no if he goes away then it'll only set us back

I think its very possible, but i dont see it happening, yet anyway.

Plus i think we will compensate him well, and retain him, but this time, unlike Norv, Manusky will stay.

I really like the staff, with Sing as HC, Greg as DC, and the good assistants, like Rathman, TE Coach, Jason Tarver, Vantz Singletary, Jonnhie Lynn, Vance Joseph, Tomsula, and even Raye has done a good job.

But the OL coach and WR coach must go. Sulivan is getting up their, and we could use a hot assistant, to be WR Coach,

and also keep Mike Johnson, QB Coach, and promote him to Assistant OC or something, maybe Assistant HC.
They can have him, he is nothing special.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I don't think he will get a lot of attention this year, but maybe after the 2010 season.

Well they were praising him on Playbook today and our defense has looked really good despite not having many big names.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I think its very possible, but i dont see it happening, yet anyway.

Plus i think we will compensate him well, and retain him, but this time, unlike Norv, Manusky will stay.

I really like the staff, with Sing as HC, Greg as DC, and the good assistants, like Rathman, TE Coach, Jason Tarver, Vantz Singletary, Jonnhie Lynn, Vance Joseph, Tomsula, and even Raye has done a good job.

But the OL coach and WR coach must go. Sulivan is getting up their, and we could use a hot assistant, to be WR Coach,

and also keep Mike Johnson, QB Coach, and promote him to Assistant OC or something, maybe Assistant HC.

Jerry Rice, time to show your passion for this game and this team once again!! jerry rice, WR coach 20010 of the San francisco 49ers
No, for the last time he's not going to become a HC. He just became a defensive coordinator 2 years ago, how could he possibly be ready to become a HC at this point? The niners D has only been decent to good for only one year, so it's not like Manusky is some coaching guru either.

IMO there is a chance, but the odds are against it for him next season with the talent thats out there. Shanahan, Holmegrom, Cower, Billick, soon to be Lovie Smith.......

Its just a matter of time and he is going to get an opportunity...... Hopefully we can hang on to him a few more seasons...
Originally posted by GEEK:

Well they were praising him on Playbook today and our defense has looked really good despite not having many big names.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No, for the last time he's not going to become a HC. He just became a defensive coordinator 2 years ago, how could he possibly be ready to become a HC at this point? The niners D has only been decent to good for only one year, so it's not like Manusky is some coaching guru either.

That doesn't explain Mike McCarthy, who became a head coach after one season after leading one of the worst offenses in NFL history.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

That doesn't explain Mike McCarthy, who became a head coach after one season after leading one of the worst offenses in NFL history.

McCarthy was an OC for 6 years and he was hired partially due to his relationship with Favre. Their cases aren't similar at all.
  • kem99
  • Veteran

As has been mentioned, McCarthy got an interview and the GB HC job coming off leading the 32nd ranked offense. Turner got the SD HC job after leading an offense in the mid-20's. There have been coaches who have been position coaches that have gotten HC jobs (e.g. Singletary, Harbaugh). So, its possible if just 1 team falls in love with him.