Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by Esco:
IT'S NOT A SWEEP CUZ SHAUN HILL WON ONE AND ALEX SMITH WON ONE SEE MY LOGIC?

I don't see your logic....... The NINERS beat them twice this season.

i think that's a joke, right ? (saving you from constant bashing)

Thanks! I guess I was too quick to defend Smith. There seems to be a lot of folks that don't want to give him credit for anything..........

sorry that was directed to esco, but his sarcasm didn't get to many

I don't need saving brah. But I forgot how easy it is to get people going, I though all caps and ridiculous logic was obvious but I guess not.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

It's a sweep, dude because the Niners won both.

Sarcasm alert, bro.

You know how I can get sometimes.
Alot of people underestimate Gore, Give him an all pro line and he will easily bring home a rushing title.

Actually just give him close to the same attempts as say AP or Chris Johnson and Gore would easily be right up there with them....

Thanks! I guess I was too quick to defend Smith. There seems to be a lot of folks that don't want to give him credit for anything..........

I don't need saving brah. But I forgot how easy it is to get people going, I though all caps and ridiculous logic was obvious but I guess not.

There is A LOT of ridiculous logic around her ESCO, so it's not alwayz obvious. Didn't mean to mix you up with that protected group of Zoners.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

There is A LOT of ridiculous logic around her ESCO, so it's not alwayz obvious. Didn't mean to mix you up with that protected group of Zoners.

We beat the Cardinals like a drum last night and created at least 5 FF due to the excellent play of Brooks, Willis & Goldson and really set the tone IMO. The only thing Im not completely happy about is only scoring 24 pts off 7 turnovers. I liked the 35 passes, 25 runs and really felt that Raye has started to click with our personnel and called perhaps his best game of the season. Moreover with like 7 mins to go Smith completed some very critical 3rd down to take 5+ mins off the clock and has started to show some moxy with those plays.

Doghead - you can look at the glass half full or half empty, Im choosing the later especially since we swept our division rivals this season. We're a team on the rise and have been in every game this season except Atlanta. We should have beaten the Vikings and almost upset the Colts so I'd like to think there are plenty of bright spots moving forward.
THE CLOWN HAS NO PENIS
Originally posted by RonMexico:
THE CLOWN HAS NO PENIS

What do you mean by that?!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Sorry, dont agree MadDog, yeah they beat a good Vikes team, but the D came out and out played the cards last nite.

We deserved it, and we arent a terrible team, we have talent, and we proved it.

The only game we werent in was the Atlanta game, all the others we have won or lost close. Thats not a bad team. Thats a team with some questions, but a team that doesnt give up or in.

You are right. We are not a terrible team. But, we are also not a good team. We lost the Seahawks last week, and they are not a good team. We have a losing record, and a ton of issues, including the inability to run consistently from week to week, cover anyone on the secondary, etc.

So based on your rationale, Arizona is not a good team. According to your logic they just lost to the Niners (twice) who as you pointed out is not a good team. And the Niners lost to Seattle, who you also pointed out is not a good team, hence making us and the Cardinals bad teams. Oh and Seattle.

No. What I am saying is that the team many are trumpeting to have turned the corner was one that played poorly eight days ago, and has been wildly inconsistent all year long.

A good team is marked by their consistency. Any team can have a great week. The good teams show a consistency the Niners do not possess at this point.
Unfortunately, you're not a fluke... but somewhat of a troll.

Of course the Cardinals are a better team than the 49ers right now... just look at the record. They are definitely the more consistent team. Inconsistency is the biggest problem with the Niners.

It's always "the exception" when a team gets seven turnovers... I mean, no sh*t.

Gore is middle of the road? Idiotic statement... check the numbers. A few posters have done that for you already.

No, we're not going "smashmouth" any time soon. We looked pretty balanced to me Monday night, and shouldn't that the goal for this offense at this point in the season?

We scheme the Cardinals as well as we do any team in the league... again, check the last three years and the 4-2 record.

So, when the Niners sack the quarterback and dominate the line of scrimmage, it's a fluke?

So, let me get this straight...
When the team does well, it doesn't count and it's not because we have any sort of talent. It's only because the other team just had a bad game?

Sounds ridiculous when you put it that way, doesn't it?

Sorry, dont agree MadDog, yeah they beat a good Vikes team, but the D came out and out played the cards last nite.

The only game we werent in was the Atlanta game, all the others we have won or lost close. Thats not a bad team. Thats a team with some questions, but a team that doesnt give up or in.

You are right. We are not a terrible team. But, we are also not a good team. We lost the Seahawks last week, and they are not a good team. We have a losing record, and a ton of issues, including the inability to run consistently from week to week, cover anyone on the secondary, etc.

So based on your rationale, Arizona is not a good team. According to your logic they just lost to the Niners (twice) who as you pointed out is not a good team. And the Niners lost to Seattle, who you also pointed out is not a good team, hence making us and the Cardinals bad teams. Oh and Seattle.

No. What I am saying is that the team many are trumpeting to have turned the corner was one that played poorly eight days ago, and has been wildly inconsistent all year long.

A good team is marked by their consistency. Any team can have a great week. The good teams show a consistency the Niners do not possess at this point.

We're a young team especially on offense, give it time to develop. We still need the horses to run the race on BOTH sides of the ball so lets not belittle the Niners on their shortcomings. I'd rather talk more constructively on how we can get back to the glory land. We're almost there...two more years is my prediction before we possess a championship team.
Originally posted by TheHitman:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Why do some Niner fans always have to be like this after we win? There was a guy at the bar last night talking about how this game was rigged in the Niners favor, that the NFL wanted the Niners to win because its a better story for them to cover or something. I said, "Hey man, we beat you guys fair and square, we're built to beat you and we did. Get over it."

and he said, "I'm a Niner fan!"

I told him to shut up and enjoy the win. Why make excuses for a good performance?

It's sour grapes. He's pessimistic. Some folks are saying we're better than we are, so guys like MD respond with the opposite because it makes them feel better. I think some of us can admit we thought the Niners would lose last night. Heck... I thought we were gonna get creamed. We didn't and that's the third time now in 4 games that we beat the Cards. MD can spin that any way he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that we have their number. Plain and simple.

Actually, I thought we would win a close game last night. We were at home, on a Monday night, and the Cardinals just came off a big emotional win over the Vikings.

However, teams simply have to throw away a few games every year where everything seems to go wrong. For the Cards, giving up the ball seven times is a strange, fluky game. The same goes for our running game. This maligned OL looked suddenly outstanding. And, our secondary, who has been largely unable to cover anybody all year, looks like it was stacked with All-Pro defenders.

This game was odd from start to finish, and as much as the Cardinals need to simply bury this game and move on, the Niners and their fan base need to embrace the idea that one great game has not solved our pass rush, inability to cover WR's, and run the football efffectively.

The planets aligned for one night. We should celebrate the victory, but understand that this dominating performance is out of the norm.

I mean, suddenly we have an All-Pro safety, a Hall of Fame pass rusher, the best RT in the game. Many on the board have lost all perspective. It was one game.
BULL CRAP.

The Niners match up well with the Cards. Period.

Never the less, we are happy with this win. That's what happens when you have 7-8 losing seasons in a row - you get happy with wins, sh*t, every win. So sorry if most of the zone is looking at it from a different perspective than you, MD.
First it is quit running so much....go to the spread...we need to be a passing offense, now after last nights game it's, We need to give it Frank 25-30 times a game... we need to run it down peoples throat....we should be a run first team. Both times Jimmy Raye was an idiot. What happened to being a balanced offense and taking advantage of what the defense gives you.
Share 49ersWebzone