There are 205 users in the forums

Buyer Beware: The Cardinals Game Was A Fluke

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
What I find amazing is the amount of people who thought that MadDog ought to be drawn and quartered. It's interesting how many people thought we were world beaters, given that we had an excellent game plan for the Cards.

As a learning point, you all might want to watch MNF tonight. The Washington Native Americans may put up a good fight tonight against one of their Eastern Rivals.

Of course if they do, maybe we can learn and use that against the Seahawks next year.

Sometimes the obvious is hard to see.

You'd think after all this time they would have learned their lesson.

Cheers.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Everybody's got a boogey man or two they think were the cause of Sunday's loss. To me it is a lot deeper than a few players or so. This is a poorly put together team, both by FA and draft, and after 5 yrs scot has frank, staley and p-52 to be proud of. That is a one yr Bill walsh draft result. In point of fact, our FAs and drafts have failed to put a respectable team on the field. REason? A nice person, our GM , who is in way over his head. Peter's principle , if you will.

Additionally, we have the owner's completely clueless son,(better than his dad), who needs a HOFO so badly, it just screams for him to do it. With a HOFO, we would probably have a much better GM, HC, OC, OL coach, etc. We would also have a much better team. Signing an unqualified HC with no position coaching experience, nor any OCing (that's a joke) nor DC coaching experience, was a major blunder. Not finding a red hot HC/OC who would actually be an integral part of each game, has come back to bite us in the behind. Who here wouldn't like a real HC like NE, ATlanta, New Orleans, Miami, or INDY(that is a bit different, however)?

We are going to flounder, and yes, play games that were "flukes"(intestinal parasites like tapeworms, etc), until we fix this team at the top. Were we to do that, get rid of GM and HC, OC, line and ST coaches, and replace them with top flite guys, this team would be miles ahead of where we are at present with a bright future. Keep the crew we have, and you get seven more yrs of 7-9 or worse, and the 9ers will continue to play flukey games, where we win a few, and lose most.

For the record, after this game, i didn't see any apologies to Dog for the vile things that were said about him. Like he said, we just aren't as good as we looked last week, and AZ wasn't as bad as they looked. We CAN fix it. But it has to be with a knowledgeable, well respected HOFO. And i don't see that happening, because i think jed likes playing with his "toy"...and that is bad news for 49er fans.

I think that unless we lose both games in the next two weeks, we will see the same cast of characters in management and coaching for 2010, for better or worse.

So, the true test happens in 2010. If we go to the playoff, jobs will be restored. If we don't, we will see a lot of heads roll. 2010 is going to be a huge year.

I can't agree with you more on that statement. We win these two games, get a bunch of sacks and viola, we don't need a pass rusher anymore or it is not a top priority. OL looks solid and now Scotty can, sort of, overlook this desperate need and go with BPA if the best CB is available.

This is why I hope we lose and our weaknesses on this team stick out like a Red man in the Blue Man group. Yes, this includes our QB. As much as he does need more reps, he and this team need to realize that he and his receivers need to be way more crisp and consistent.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Everybody's got a boogey man or two they think were the cause of Sunday's loss. To me it is a lot deeper than a few players or so. This is a poorly put together team, both by FA and draft, and after 5 yrs scot has frank, staley and p-52 to be proud of. That is a one yr Bill walsh draft result. In point of fact, our FAs and drafts have failed to put a respectable team on the field. REason? A nice person, our GM , who is in way over his head. Peter's principle , if you will.

Additionally, we have the owner's completely clueless son,(better than his dad), who needs a HOFO so badly, it just screams for him to do it. With a HOFO, we would probably have a much better GM, HC, OC, OL coach, etc. We would also have a much better team. Signing an unqualified HC with no position coaching experience, nor any OCing (that's a joke) nor DC coaching experience, was a major blunder. Not finding a red hot HC/OC who would actually be an integral part of each game, has come back to bite us in the behind. Who here wouldn't like a real HC like NE, ATlanta, New Orleans, Miami, or INDY(that is a bit different, however)?

We are going to flounder, and yes, play games that were "flukes"(intestinal parasites like tapeworms, etc), until we fix this team at the top. Were we to do that, get rid of GM and HC, OC, line and ST coaches, and replace them with top flite guys, this team would be miles ahead of where we are at present with a bright future. Keep the crew we have, and you get seven more yrs of 7-9 or worse, and the 9ers will continue to play flukey games, where we win a few, and lose most.

For the record, after this game, i didn't see any apologies to Dog for the vile things that were said about him. Like he said, we just aren't as good as we looked last week, and AZ wasn't as bad as they looked. We CAN fix it. But it has to be with a knowledgeable, well respected HOFO. And i don't see that happening, because i think jed likes playing with his "toy"...and that is bad news for 49er fans.

I think that unless we lose both games in the next two weeks, we will see the same cast of characters in management and coaching for 2010, for better or worse.

So, the true test happens in 2010. If we go to the playoff, jobs will be restored. If we don't, we will see a lot of heads roll. 2010 is going to be a huge year.

I can't agree with you more on that statement. We win these two games, get a bunch of sacks and viola, we don't need a pass rusher anymore or it is not a top priority. OL looks solid and now Scotty can, sort of, overlook this desperate need and go with BPA if the best CB is available.

This is why I hope we lose and our weaknesses on this team stick out like a Red man in the Blue Man group. Yes, this includes our QB. As much as he does need more reps, he and this team need to realize that he and his receivers need to be way more crisp and consistent.

Now would you think those reps could be had at the Public Library or on the field?
Maybe if they had just gone over those routes a little more in the film room, they
would have gotten open, or maybe if Alex had checked out a book on defensive tendancies, and looked up the section on the Eagles, he would have checked off to Frank Gore.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
After this thread, and his thread at the beginning of the season...i'm starting to think Maddog is some kind of zonegenius. You nailed both threads IMO

Ummm...it doesn't take a genius to suggest a team with a record below .500 might come back down to earth after a huge win.

True, but it does take someone who knows what they're talking about, and not a lot of people on this board do. and i wasnt really commenting about this thread, but his other one that was so money.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Strange things happen this time of year. We better play hard the next two games, or we could lose to one of these loser teams. Of course, since our opponents' winning percentage is so low, we will more than likely pick first if tied with any teams in the final record. So, any loss could help us easily into the top 10 picks.
Share 49ersWebzone