There are 265 users in the forums

Buyer Beware: The Cardinals Game Was A Fluke

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerwinner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Sorry, dont agree MadDog, yeah they beat a good Vikes team, but the D came out and out played the cards last nite.

We deserved it, and we arent a terrible team, we have talent, and we proved it.

The only game we werent in was the Atlanta game, all the others we have won or lost close. Thats not a bad team. Thats a team with some questions, but a team that doesnt give up or in.

You are right. We are not a terrible team. But, we are also not a good team. We lost the Seahawks last week, and they are not a good team. We have a losing record, and a ton of issues, including the inability to run consistently from week to week, cover anyone on the secondary, etc.

So based on your rationale, Arizona is not a good team. According to your logic they just lost to the Niners (twice) who as you pointed out is not a good team. And the Niners lost to Seattle, who you also pointed out is not a good team, hence making us and the Cardinals bad teams. Oh and Seattle.

No. What I am saying is that the team many are trumpeting to have turned the corner was one that played poorly eight days ago, and has been wildly inconsistent all year long.

A good team is marked by their consistency. Any team can have a great week. The good teams show a consistency the Niners do not possess at this point.

We're a young team especially on offense, give it time to develop. We still need the horses to run the race on BOTH sides of the ball so lets not belittle the Niners on their shortcomings. I'd rather talk more constructively on how we can get back to the glory land. We're almost there...two more years is my prediction before we possess a championship team.

We may have some young players on offense, but Mike Sando from ESPN did an analysis of the Niners' roster, and we are not young at all. It is true that the team does need time to develop, there is no doubt.

My original post was meant a statement against the wild overreaction that the Niners are now on their way to big things. While there is no crime in hoping that this will happen (we all hope this is true), the reality is that we just lost to a pretty bad team last week, and haven't strung together more than a couple good games in a row all year.

So, my warning for fans was meant as a way to avoid overreacting the other way when the team comes out again with another Seattle performance. Our defiencies were not solved in one night.
We are who we are if u don't like it leave!!
You nuts are driving me guys.
We need to find a good mix... A balanced attack. I'm excited for this off-season. Jimmy Raye now knows first hand what he has to work with and can put a good mix together. I think stability and continuity will go a long way for this team to have sucess in 2010.

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 15, 2009 at 18:42:42 ]
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Sorry, dont agree MadDog, yeah they beat a good Vikes team, but the D came out and out played the cards last nite.

The only game we werent in was the Atlanta game, all the others we have won or lost close. Thats not a bad team. Thats a team with some questions, but a team that doesnt give up or in.

You are right. We are not a terrible team. But, we are also not a good team. We lost the Seahawks last week, and they are not a good team. We have a losing record, and a ton of issues, including the inability to run consistently from week to week, cover anyone on the secondary, etc.

So based on your rationale, Arizona is not a good team. According to your logic they just lost to the Niners (twice) who as you pointed out is not a good team. And the Niners lost to Seattle, who you also pointed out is not a good team, hence making us and the Cardinals bad teams. Oh and Seattle.

No. What I am saying is that the team many are trumpeting to have turned the corner was one that played poorly eight days ago, and has been wildly inconsistent all year long.

A good team is marked by their consistency. Any team can have a great week. The good teams show a consistency the Niners do not possess at this point.

Never the less, we are happy with this win. That's what happens when you have 7-8 losing seasons in a row - you get happy with wins, sh*t, every win. So sorry if most of the zone is looking at it from a different perspective than you, MD.

I guess many didn't read my opening paragraph where I stated I was happy with the win.

To bring a sense of reality to a team does not mean you dislike the team. It just means that all of these issues our team has struggled with, which magically disappeared for one week, will be permanently gone. We are delusional if we believe that teams are going to turn the ball over 7 times a game, that our secondary is going to play this way weekly, that our large anemic pass rush for the year is suddenly stocked with unstoppable stallions, that our OL, which hasn't been able to run the ball all year, is ready to dominate lines in the NFL.

In other words, this game was a mirage. It was a beautiful mirage, a brilliant game, but I think we would be crazy to think that David Baas, Adam Snyder, Dre Bly, Tarell Brown, Dashon Goldson, Ahmad Brooks, are going to play this way weekly, or even come close to playing at this level weekly.

The planets were aligned, but to expect that this performance is going to be the norm is way too premature.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 15, 2009 at 18:44:54 ]
we want whatever it takes to win
I mean, suddenly we have an All-Pro safety, a Hall of Fame pass rusher, the best RT in the game. Many on the board have lost all perspective. It was one game.

Show me where anyone says these things?

You can't! So cut the crap dude.

You may not realize this, however, there are others besides you, that are able to see that some of our players had exceptional games last night, and they will not play that way week to week for the rest of their careers.

If you think that you are shining insight on anyone with that logic, you need to get past your ego, and step back into reality. Just as you are asking everyone else to do.

Honestly, it's ok for fans to get excioted about great performances. It doesn't mean they believe everything is suddenly fixed.
Originally posted by Butter:
No need to hate on MD. If the Niners can pull off a win next week against the Eagles, all you'll have to say is "score board". The reality is that the Niners are still a team in transition who are recovering from years of issues. I'm fine with saying they're not Super Bowl contenders this year.

The best thing about the game last night is that it suggests (to me) that if the Niners have the right off-season, they can consistently do that to most teams in the NFL. And to me, that is the real issue: consistency.

Great post!

This was a quality win, over a better than average opponent, in a must-win game. All good things for our team. The consistency will come with time.
What a huge bunch of crap this thread is!
Dog, you stirred up the fans.. Now you'll have to pay

Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Never the less, we are happy with this win. That's what happens when you have 7-8 losing seasons in a row - you get happy with wins, sh*t, every win. So sorry if most of the zone is looking at it from a different perspective than you, MD.

I guess many didn't read my opening paragraph where I stated I was happy with the win.

To bring a sense of reality to a team does not mean you dislike the team. It just means that all of these issues our team has struggled with, which magically disappeared for one week, will be permanently gone. We are delusional if we believe that teams are going to turn the ball over 7 times a game, that our secondary is going to play this way weekly, that our large anemic pass rush for the year is suddenly stocked with unstoppable stallions, that our OL, which hasn't been able to run the ball all year, is ready to dominate lines in the NFL.

In other words, this game was a mirage. It was a beautiful mirage, a brilliant game, but I think we would be crazy to think that David Baas, Adam Snyder, Dre Bly, Tarell Brown, Dashon Goldson, Ahmad Brooks, are going to play this way weekly, or even come close to playing at this level weekly.

The planets were aligned, but to expect that this performance is going to be the norm is way too premature.

It wasn't a Mirage it was a step forward. Were 7th in sacks and 9th in points allowed so we can play on defense. Offense needs work IMO. We still need an O-line that can be consistent. If we could have even remotely ran the ball the first half of this season we would have a different record.

My second arguement would be the brilliant play in Minnesota and Indy. We played very well those 2 games. We are close, but like you said before not quite there. With a successfull offseason we will be there and be even more fun to watch.
Almost every aspect of our defense was great last night. Now, how often have we seen that this year?
Yes, things fell in place for us last night, and quite well. I believe that we are slightly better team than last year, and will probably finish 8-8.

No one will really remember one great win in a season if we don't follow through. I hope the coaches/players think of last night's game as a 'turning-point' and come out with the same energy in Philadelphia.
I don't think we'll get that many turnovers, so time for Alex to shine.
so since it was a fluke then we're gonna lose 165-0 to philly ... f*** this thread
Give the team some credit geeez. Some people assume that if we don't win the superbowl, then we plain suck. Give me a break.

This thread is dumb
  • BOSS2185
  • Info N/A
The person that posted this thread is NOT 49er faithful and needs to be a raider fan.... We be the cardinals both times this year how is it a fluke???? LOSER
Share 49ersWebzone