LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

49ers on pace to outscore their opponents for the first time since 2003

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With 3 games remaining the 49ers have outscored their opponents 269-242. That hasn't happened since Garcia and Owens were in town. It really shows just how close this team is to putting it all together.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
With 3 games remaining the 49ers have outscored their opponents 269-242. That hasn't happened since Garcia and Owens were in town. It really shows just how close this team is to putting it all together.

And think about it...this team suffered just ONE blowout loss all season (45-10)

Which mean in the other 12 games they've out scored their opponents 259-197...very, VERY impressive.

49ers just need to learn how to close out games...I am very excited regardless of a non-playoff season. This team is so far removed from how it looked in 2004 its amazing.
Don't look now, but we play Philly this weekend
Way back when, everyone laughed at the Seattle Seahawks because they hadn't seen the playoffs for some time.

But when Holmgren arrived, and they played us tough, I knew it spelled trouble. They were a team that always played you tough, and they made a few mistakes here and there that cost them the game, mostly due to poor quarterbacking.

But then Hasselbeck got better and better each year, and I knew it was going to be tough to beat them in the future. I told a friend from Seattle, who was down on her team, that she should feel fortunate because they were going to challenge the 49ers for the division pretty soon.

That Seattle team reminds me of the team we have now.

We are on the cusp, just waiting to spill over. Our quarterback situation is improving, our defense plays you VERY tough and makes you earn your win, and our talent is building up and up with some VERY good players.
Although Holmgren might be a better coach then Singletary, I think we have the edge because we have more superstar talent then they did at the time.
We have Willis and Gore. We have a strong secondary with lots of youth. We have a solid D-line, we have some strong talent beginning to bloom at outside linebacker too. We have an O-line that is gelling with our newfound air attack.

I think we have more talent then they had, if we had a consistent passing game, we would have a chance to be a much better team then they were, and likewise have a shot at a championship.
It really all depends upon our passing game developing. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, this is the key to making this team a great team.

[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 15, 2009 at 15:57:20 ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Way back when, everyone laughed at the Seattle Seahawks because they hadn't seen the playoffs for some time.

But when Holmgren arrived, and they played us tough, I knew it spelled trouble. They were a team that always played you tough, and they made a few mistakes here and there that cost them the game, mostly due to poor quarterbacking.

But then Hasselbeck got better and better each year, and I knew it was going to be tough to beat them in the future. I told a friend from Seattle, who was down on her team, that she should feel fortunate because they were going to challenge the 49ers for the division pretty soon.

That Seattle team reminds me of the team we have now.

We are on the cusp, just waiting to spill over. Our quarterback situation is improving, our defense plays you VERY tough and makes you earn your win, and our talent is building up and up with some VERY good players.
Although Holmgren might be a better coach then Singletary, I think we have the edge because we have more superstar talent then they did at the time.
We have Willis and Gore. We have a strong secondary with lots of youth. We have a solid D-line, we have some strong talent beginning to bloom at outside linebacker too. We have an O-line that is gelling with our newfound air attack.

I think we have more talent then they had, if we had a consistent passing game, we would have a chance to be a much better team then they were, and likewise have a shot at a championship.
It really all depends upon our passing game developing. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, this is the key to making this team a great team.

I can't wait to watch this team get over the hump! Won't be long.
Share 49ersWebzone