LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

3 niners with career games.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I think Roman should be our KR/PR - dude has some moves

if roman fumbled a punt the webzone would explode..dont give us any more of a reason to hate roman

LOL so true
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

if roman fumbled a punt the webzone would explode..dont give us any more of a reason to hate roman

LOL so true

Agreed.

As far as Goldson though, I think people should calm down with the "Move him to SS" stuff. The guy has 3 interceptions, and he can hit. Just because he's a heavy hitter does not automatically mean he should get placed at SS.. He's still getting the hang of everything, and he could be even more special next year, and the year that follows.

I think Goldson has a strong, promising future at FS if he continued to get better.

I say we work on getting a replacement SS, which is much easier to find, for Michael Lewis when he has to go. Reggie is hurt, and with that groin.. those are tough to get back from. He can backup both safety spots, but I can see the team adding maybe even two safeties, with Curtis Taylor's season ending injury.

What I'm really afraid of is... Roman may be re-signed. The board would explode in that case.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for matt49er.

this
1. I would like to see Brooks as the starter along Lawson.. dood has 5 sacks on 3rd down situations this year with NO starts, thats saying somethingg.. Haralson would be a solid backup to both spots..
2. Goldson had a HUUUGEEE game, but hes been inconsistent ALLLL yeaar. He is best as a backup IMHO until he proves me wrong these 3 games, if Berry or Mays are there, I would get themm..
3. Roman is best as a back up, but if Goldson gets demoted, next season.. then Roman should get cut!
4. Baas played well, thats what you want from a starting guard, too bad he doesnt do this week in week out..
  • DJD
  • Veteran

Ya know I've really liked what I've seen out of roman this year. He seems to be a Maggette (warriors) type player, much better off the bench.
Share 49ersWebzone