LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Last drive of the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys, i know Alex was a little off last night, maybe the worse hes been since coming back BUT, the last drive was a thing of beauty, im not sure but i think this is the first time all season that we were able to eat up the clock and not give the ball back to the other team and on that drive, there were a couple of big third down plays that smith hit perfectly one of them being a 3rd & 10 so all in all Alex still showed progress on a regular day

go niners!!
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Guys, i know Alex was a little off last night, maybe the worse hes been since coming back BUT, the last drive was a thing of beauty, im not sure but i think this is the first time all season that we were able to eat up the clock and not give the ball back to the other team and on that drive, there were a couple of big third down plays that smith hit perfectly one of them being a 3rd & 10 so all in all Alex still showed progress on a regular day

go niners!!

I hate to beat a dead horse...

But the kid is still in development stages. He is in a similar offense for the first time in his career and after this season he will be in the same offense in consecutive years for the first time in his career as well. He finally has front office AND coaching backing...not to mention a receiver or two that he can count on.

People like to reference Aaron Rodgers a lot...but take his situation into consideration:

He's been in the SAME offense since draft day...
He got to sit and learn said offense behind a first ballot HOF...
He's got some of the best collective offensive talent in the NFC...thats he's had from day one...

I think just looking at a result without first analyzing its path can be very deceiving.

Shore up the offensive line and give the kid an offseason to develop chemistry and I think you got a probowl QB...
Smith's two third-down conversions -- Davis for 16, Crabtree fo 6 -- were the truth.
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Smith's two third-down conversions -- Davis for 16, Crabtree fo 6 -- were the truth.

Well said. Big time plays.
Almost as satisfying as a scoring drive
Originally posted by reasonable1:

go niners!!

But the kid is still in development stages. He is in a similar offense for the first time in his career and after this season he will be in the same offense in consecutive years for the first time in his career as well. He finally has front office AND coaching backing...not to mention a receiver or two that he can count on.

People like to reference Aaron Rodgers a lot...but take his situation into consideration:

He's got some of the best collective offensive talent in the NFC...thats he's had from day one...

I think just looking at a result without first analyzing its path can be very deceiving.

Shore up the offensive line and give the kid an offseason to develop chemistry and I think you got a probowl QB...

I agree with you. We have the makings of what can become a very good offense & a good QB. This will be a big draft & offseason for this team.
Originally posted by tohara3:

go niners!!

I agree with you. We have the makings of what can become a very good offense & a good QB. This will be a big draft & offseason for this team.

Correct me if I`m wrong but I think thats the first time all year we have gone with the victory formation for the win.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by tohara3:

go niners!!

Correct me if I`m wrong but I think thats the first time all year we have gone with the victory formation for the win.

Jags game, and the Cards.
After the horrible last drive in seattle last week. Very happy to see not only Alex but the whole team step up their game. Eating up the clock with ground the ground game and converting on those 3rd downs through the air. Good job to the players and coaches.

Go niners!
Alex still makes up his mind to throw the ball before the snap to many times. He threw it directly into a defender numerous times last night. Also, can we please stop with the 1-2 yard out patterns to the fullback. They are pointless.

go niners!!

Agree....
Share 49ersWebzone