There are 284 users in the forums

Smiths Accuracy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is it me was Smith just a tad off all night?? He put some balls in really tough posistions for the WR's to make a play on them.. Some of those passes should have been caught but still Smith needs to do a better job at putting the ball where it needs to be.. Is this due to him not being insync with his WR's or is Smith just an inacurrate thrower?
He seemed to be pressing a little bit, either way we won so I won't be too worried about it looking at his past two games were he was completely on point.
inaccuracy more like it. BUT, he got the job done, so we shouldn't complain.
With an offseason with no bulls**t "competition" to eat up his snaps with the starting team, he will build chemistry with the receivers and his accuracy will be better.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Was off last night but has been impressive all season
Originally posted by Esco:
Was off last night but has been impressive all season

Exactly, actually his accuracy is what i think was the best part of his "revelation".
Remember to that there were again a lot of drops by receivers. VD needs to improve in that area just as Smith needs to improve on his accuracy (which I will remind people would be in the mid 60% range if you count the drops).
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
With an offseason with no bulls**t "competition" to eat up his snaps with the starting team, he will build chemistry with the receivers and his accuracy will be better.

lets hope the staff doesn't pull that s**t this off season again.
Another thing I noticed. Has anyone noticed that when Smith is behind center he doesn't get deep enough in drops??? Which keeps leading to all these tipped balls. he looks really awkward coming from under center..
  • rum53
  • Veteran

Building chemistry this offseason will also help reduce the number of dropped passes.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What accuracy ? Last night he was off on a lot throws.
Originally posted by taney71:
Remember to that there were again a lot of drops by receivers. VD needs to improve in that area just as Smith needs to improve on his accuracy (which I will remind people would be in the mid 60% range if you count the drops).

True. Again, there were a few drops last night. But I'm starting to wonder if all of our receivers have bad hands, or if Alex could get them the ball in a slightly better position would the majority of the drops go away.

The Crabtree TD is an example. Honestly, that pass was high and a little outside. Crab made a great grab, scored the TD. But a few inches higher, he probably drops it and we put the blame on him.

I like Alex's progress (must say I'm surprised by it), and hope he continues to improve during the offseason.
He was off last night. I will say though, I'm glad he was off because of being "too fired up" as some reporters have said, as opposed to just having a mental road block, being too scared, tentative, etc.

Personally, I think Smith gets a little reckless @ times. He's trying to force the ball in REALLY tight windows. He's succeeded more often than not which is awesome...but as we saw last night (and the TEN game) it can backfire and result in INTS or stalled drives.

Kinda crazy that "Smith" and "reckless" are used in the same sentence though. The confidence is definitely there. The fine tuning is not though. That can be fixed though so I'm not worried. I'll take 15 TDs and 9 INTs from a QB any day after 8 games. Garcia was the last QB that put up those kind of numbers for us.
Originally posted by rum53:

Building chemistry this offseason will also help reduce the number of dropped passes.

Drops are just drops a lot of reps aren't gonna stop VD from dropping the ball. Just gonna have to take the good with the bad.
Originally posted by susweel:
What accuracy ? Last night he was off on a lot throws.

No doubt. Smith was off last night
Share 49ersWebzone