LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Our teams swagger...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know this season hasn't been the best (I thought we had the chance at 10-6 at the beginning of the year and Division champs) and most likely out of the playoff hunt (be realistic), but this team Sing has built has the looks of a team that's going to be a great one. He's got this team working with a swagger I only have seen on winning teams and that's got me really excited. Here are a few points I have about it:

1. This team believes it can win every game. Unfortunately, that has hurt us in three losses (@sea, Tenn, Atl), but has made us very deadly. We were suppose to lose to Ari twice, get blown out by the colts, blown out my minnesota, blown out by Green bay, and yet, every game we've played (except atl) we've been in it until the very end of the game.

2. This team is young and very talented. With emerging players like Davis, Crabtree, Willis, Brooks, Lawson, Haralson, Goldson, T.Brown, Justin Smith, Staley, and even Alex (at least he's not Ryan Leaf), we have the parts to make this team truly great for years to come.

3. Our coaching staff is beginning to learn how to use the players. Manusky has built this defense from nothing and had great draft picks (willis) and steals such as Brown and Haralson, and has made us a hard-hitting crew. Also, Raye may run a "spread" offense, but it's more of a hybrid spread with a good dose of running. Smith has finally shown to have confidence at the helm, has numerous scoring threats around him, and will definitely have a returning OC next season for the first time in his career.

4. We have a coach who inspires his team, and the great ones always do. There's no one on this team who wouldn't do anything for him. That's called setting the tone.

I'm proud to say that this is my 49ers and look forward to the years to come.

...and now I'm done ranting and trying to procrastinate doing work in the lab today, lol
No one on the corner has swagga like us...
Good post, we have come along way from the team a few years back that was going into each game hoping to not get blown out. We have been in every game except one. I am looking forward to the rest of the season and the off season. The draft and FA should be good to us and next year we MUST make the playoffs to keep going in the right direction. That is if we don't make them this year.
Problem is that this team forgets its swagger for weeks at a time. They will play like they did yesterday and then cam out with no swagger following week. Especially on D. To be a championship team you need that swagger week in week out. Look at the Ravens in their SB year. That D brought it every week. No matter what. Thats how this D is capable of playing. Maybe the players are starting to realize that to be a champion you have to play like one all the time
I hope the lions, rams, and packers have some of that swagger when they play the cards.
i hate the word swagger
Originally posted by valrod33:
i hate the word swagger

swagger swagger swagger swagger swagger swagger swagger swagger swagger
Originally posted by bigmike55:
i hate the word swagger

i hate the word swagger

....A little harsh there

How about personality? presence? charisma? poise?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
i hate the word swagger

....A little harsh there

how about this
we ballin mofos up and s**t making them sucks our dicks playing like we bout to murder somebody and s**t
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
i hate the word swagger

....A little harsh there

how about this
we ballin mofos up and s**t making them sucks our dicks playing like we bout to murder somebody and s**t

Ah, the bold Miamian dialect of the 1980's, jolly good sir.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Good post, we have come along way from the team a few years back that was going into each game hoping to not get blown out. We have been in every game except one. I am looking forward to the rest of the season and the off season. The draft and FA should be good to us and next year we MUST make the playoffs to keep going in the right direction. That is if we don't make them this year.

Completely agree. I'm proud of the direction of this team! Go 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone