LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Niners still uncertain about Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Interesting article from Peter King with an interview with McC:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/15/niners/

Last three games all important for Smith.
I think that we're all uncertain about Smith. It's just that some of us want him to succeed, and some of us don't. I just pray that Alex isn't uncertain about his ability to lead a team. No more time to make excuses...just make plays.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Interesting article from Peter King with an interview with McC:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/15/niners/

Last three games all important for Smith.

We should be able to rack up yards passing and throwing against DET and STL but the Philly game will tell the most. Either way I don't see us moving Smith. He has a year left on his contract for what 3-4 million after negotiating before this year. I'd rather use those picks on Safety/CB/T etc than a QB. I'd rather test out Smith and even Davis first.
peter king always has to b***h about the 49ers..just like jaworski and gruden
WE are keeping smith, i'm interested to see what they decide to do with Shaun hill, and nate davis in the offseason.
Do they bring in another person in case smith takes a step backwards?

Do they develop nate?
Do they trade Shaun while he has a tiny bit of value?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
All eyez on U Alex Smith....CONTINUE to prove to us that U R our QB
A lot of people are still uncertain of Smith, including myself. I would like him to succeed, and let's hope last night was just bad play from him, as he did have some ill-advised throws and some that were just plain innaccurate. It does us no good for him not to succeed, but we cannot be completely sure if he is the future...

If the season ended today, they would probably name him the starter for 2010, but thankfully we have 3 more games to decide...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
"a very average arm" His arm looks plenty strong to me. Clearly King has not seen Hill throw the ball.

He is making progress but there still is lot of improvement to be made. I would bring him back and give the offense more time to gell and get better. However if the right QB falls into there laps during the draft, then they have to consider taking him. (Clausen)
Originally posted by Jigga:
I think that we're all uncertain about Smith. It's just that some of us want him to succeed, and some of us don't. I just pray that Alex isn't uncertain about his ability to lead a team. No more time to make excuses...just make plays.

well said homie
that coming from a gm who passed on desean jackson twice.
who is certain he is the wright man.

I want to see how he plays next year after being in the same system for more than one year and see how that goes.
To me this is more of an endorsement. I mean if he stinks it up against the Lions and the Rams then he doesn't deserve to comeback.....but my gut is telling me he won't.

[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Dec 15, 2009 at 11:08:01 ]
Originally posted by 49erjoe:
that coming from a gm who passed on desean jackson twice.
who is certain he is the wright man.

Don't forget all those other GM's that passed on DeSean Jackson... or Tom Brady... or Marques Colston..etc. etc. All those GM's should be fired.
I support Smith 100% but I'm not sold on him as a franchise QB. I honestly think he's an average QB at best.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Share 49ersWebzone