LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Was our MNF win against the cardinals one of the "Great Niner Games"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was our MNF win against the cardinals one of the "Great Niner Games"?

In the last 7 years yes, but we have had some other great ones too in that time span. Like the Game against Sea when Alex led the Niners to a 4th qrt rally come from behind win. Our the Denver Broncos game when we knocked them out of the playoffs in week 17. I`d say it ranks up there with those!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If we had won last week versus the Seahawks maybe, but now it is just a feel good, good job, kicked their ass kinda game.
If it ends up meaning something then yes, but if not it was still a great f**king game and we embarrassed those f**kers on National TV
Of the last 7 years.
It was definitely one of the better games I've been to. We had momentum all game
like others I have to say in recent memories. for me personally nothing compares to the MNF againt the LA Rams when John Taylor showed them up. Two 90+ TD's. 1B on that list for me personally would be the NY Giants game when Ronnie Lot owned Mark Bavaro...and I mean he owned him.
  • NinerDoug
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadMartz:
In the last 7 years yes, but we have had some other great ones too in that time span. Like the Game against Sea when Alex led the Niners to a 4th qrt rally come from behind win. Our the Denver Broncos game when we knocked them out of the playoffs in week 17. I`d say it ranks up there with those!

I said no, and I feel that way for several reasons. First, we are still alive, but barely. Our chances of making the playoffs are still extremely slim. It was certainly a feel good win, but I don't think it could be chocked up as one of the Great Niner Games unless it had some effect on our season vis a vie the playoffs (Of course, if we do somehow make the playoffs, I may change my mind on this).

Secondly, the gameball goes to the D, who pretty much singlehandedly won that game for us (with the notable exception of Frank Gore). We have come along way from the glory years, which were always notable for our unstopable offense. I will always think of the Great Niner Games in terms of great offense. I thank the D for the win, but, when the offense is not firing on all cylinders, it's hard to think of the game as a Great Niner Game.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
In recent history
not at all

are you serious?
Not even in the top 50. My god I cant believe this thread.
Originally posted by NinerDoug:
Originally posted by MadMartz:

I said no, and I feel that way for several reasons. First, we are still alive, but barely. Our chances of making the playoffs are still extremely slim. It was certainly a feel good win, but I don't think it could be chocked up as one of the Great Niner Games unless it had some effect on our season vis a vie the playoffs (Of course, if we do somehow make the playoffs, I may change my mind on this).

Secondly, the gameball goes to the D, who pretty much singlehandedly won that game for us (with the notable exception of Frank Gore). We have come along way from the glory years, which were always notable for our unstopable offense. I will always think of the Great Niner Games in terms of great offense. I thank the D for the win, but, when the offense is not firing on all cylinders, it's hard to think of the game as a Great Niner Game.

Agree, I say no. While it was an enjoyable game to watch for a number of reasons, with seven turnovers, the Niners should have had more than 24 points. Great defensive game, not a great game overall.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
like others I have to say in recent memories. for me personally nothing compares to the MNF againt the LA Rams when John Taylor showed them up. Two 90+ TD's. 1B on that list for me personally would be the NY Giants game when Ronnie Lot owned Mark Bavaro...and I mean he owned him.

These two games were great memories and I STILL smile when i think of those games... Plus JR beating the Giants on a last minute bomb by Joe Montana was a great memory
Hell no.
Share 49ersWebzone