There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brook vs Brown

Happy we made that trade looks at what we are getting and not getting by making the trade with Carolina I forget who they pick with the 4th rounder. We even use the pick yet so hopefully we can get good value out of it. This is looking better and better everyday and Brooks play one less game.

Defense G Solo Ast Total Sack YdsL Int Yds IntTD PD Sft

Ahmad Brooks 11 16 1 17 5.0 30 0 0 0 1 0

Everette Brown 12 13 5 18 1.5 6 0 0 0 2 0
I hope Brooks continues to develop into a totally rounded out LB. I would like to get another pass rusher but if Lawson, Haralson, Brooks continues like they are we could be set regarding our pass rush. Then if Briggs developed we would really be set. It will be an interesting off season.
The Niners clearly thought they had something special in Brooks, and I think we all saw why last night. That was an eye opening performance by Brooks, shades of Derrick Thomas, James Harrison, LT.... take your pick.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The Niners clearly thought they had something special in Brooks, and I think we all saw why last night. That was an eye opening performance by Brooks, shades of Derrick Thomas, James Harrison, LT.... take your pick.

That one sack it looked like someone shot him out of a cannon. His jump was so large I thought he might even draw a flag. The guy looks like a 260lb track star.
Originally posted by MadMartz:

That one sack it looked like someone shot him out of a cannon. His jump was so large I thought he might even draw a flag. The guy looks like a 260lb track star.

Gruden made the comment lastnight, and kind of under his breath, that he thought the Niners had something on the center that was tipping them off on the snap. He said he hadn't seen many games in which the defense was THAT quick off the snap for the entire game.

I wonder if there was any truth to that or if we were just seeing natural skill.
What did Ahmad Brooks have to do with that trade the niners made to Carolina? Comparasion makes no sense. With that said Brooks is stepping it up.

[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 15, 2009 at 10:10:32 ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by MadMartz:

Gruden made the comment lastnight, and kind of under his breath, that he thought the Niners had something on the center that was tipping them off on the snap. He said he hadn't seen many games in which the defense was THAT quick off the snap for the entire game.

I wonder if there was any truth to that or if we were just seeing natural skill.

I think their might be a lil truth to it, its really hard to say. I`d like to think it was talent though.
Brooks played great. We still need to get a pass rush OLB in the draft. If Brooks gets hurt we're back to where we were.

He is very exciting to watch when he is on. This allows us to focus on BPA for our first two picks as opposed for just going after a pass rusher especially since this is a heavy and talented 3-4 pass rushing DE/OLBs. Ahmad will allow us to go after more depth at the position especially if he continues with his prowess.

That trade is looking better and better each day! Way to go Scotty!!!

Berry, Okung, McClain, Haden, all top 10 picks could be had which would be phenomenal because anyone of these cats could start from day one or trade down for more picks in this rich draft.

Yes sir, Brooks is better than Brown and will become our next pass rushing demon!

Originally posted by ninertico:

He is very exciting to watch when he is on. This allows us to focus on BPA for our first two picks as opposed for just going after a pass rusher especially since this is a heavy and talented 3-4 pass rushing DE/OLBs. Ahmad will allow us to go after more depth at the position especially if he continues with his prowess.

Berry, Okung, McClain, Haden, all top 10 picks could be had which would be phenomenal because anyone of these cats could start from day one or trade down for more picks in this rich draft.

Yes sir, Brooks is better than Brown and will become our next pass rushing demon!

I wouldnt go that far yet. Brown is a rook while Brooks has been in the NFL for 4 years. To be fair I will hold judgement for know.

[ Edited by MadMartz on Dec 15, 2009 at 10:16:01 ]
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
This whole thread = fail.

1- To compare Brooks stats with those of a rookie ?

2- To call Brooks better than the rookie ?

3- To call Brooks play from one game "shades of Derrick Brooks and LT" ?

Seriously guys ? Seriously ? Wow. Niner Talk never fails to go overboard whether we win or lose....wonder what would happen if we tied.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
This whole thread = fail.

1- To compare Brooks stats with those of a rookie ?

2- To call Brooks better than the rookie ?

3- To call Brooks play from one game "shades of Derrick Brooks and LT" ?

Seriously guys ? Seriously ? Wow. Niner Talk never fails to go overboard whether we win or lose....wonder what would happen if we tied.

I hear you man....the emotions on this board week to week are more up and down then a roller coaster. He has one good game and he's now the savior...

I hope everyone is right..... he would be a big help to this defense and I do remember him being highly discussed as a 1st rounder before being kicked off the team. Go Niners!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Agree with this. If Briggs can develop or we get another rusher in the draft we could have a nice set of rushers for next year.
He was a terror pressuring Warner all night!! If he wasn't sacking him he was rushing him for sure