LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

I apologize to Gore, and to a few players on D!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First off I want to say, I'M SORRY FRANK GORE. I said you were washed up, a lot of other people did too, and then he put the O on his back even though Smith made some mistakes and his OL hasn't been opening holes for him all year. You allowed us to grind out the clock, you got a touchdown on a really nice job pushing yourself into the end zone after it looked like you might be stopped(most backs would've been), and you broke long run after long run in the first half and kept us from being in bad field position. It was ridiculously exciting to see long run after long run. You proved me wrong for saying "why does he need more carries when he doesn't do anything with them and he fumbles the ball too much".

At the same time, it's a lot easier for the team to keep giving him the ball when he's getting production. It's harder when he gets stopped behind the LOS, to keep giving him the ball on 2nd and 12, or 3rd and 7, etc. But he did a great job tonight of making sure he got production when he got the ball on 1st and 2nd downs. When we get into those 3rd and longs, it kills us. When he can get us into a 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 5, it's a lot more manageable.

I also want to apologize to Goldson for saying he can't cover. He proved me wrong tonight also. That dude did a great job covering the whole middle of the field. It's really rare that a safety is able to take away the middle from Warner with weapons like Breaston, Fitz, and Boldin. Then he did a great job in run support also forcing their backs to cough up the ball. So good job Dashon and I'm sorry for doubting you! But the main man I think A LOT of us need to say sorry to, because I'm not the only one who said this, is Frank Gore! So thanks for proving me wrong, because you were one of my favorite players for the last few years, I was wrong for hopping off your band wagon after a few inconsistent games, and I have your authentic jersey.
The Cards got GORED tonight for sure.

He has become one of my favorite Niner players of all time. Even if his play starts to decline I am not going to jump off his bandwagon.
^ Great User Name
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
The Cards got GORED tonight for sure.

He has become one of my favorite Niner players of all time. Even if his play starts to decline I am not going to jump off his bandwagon.

Yeah I didn't even think he got the ball enough tonight. On Smith's 2nd INT, that should've been a run IMO. I thought they were prepared for the pass already, I think they didn't have too many guys in the box, and they knew we were going to pass. I might've been wrong though. Then when we put Coffee in there a couple times I was like "damn Gore is on fire don't take him out get him the ball!"
we just need to feed Gore the rock as many times as we did tonite.....we will WIN a lot of games!...especially the close ones!...not like what we did last week when Gore only got 9 rushes...
I agree. Goldson really stepped up tonight. I only saw him late on one route and that is because he slipped. As for Gore I have never thought he wasn't a top 5 NFL back.

Great game. Great execution. Great play calling.
The blocking was a lot better, and i think part of it was that they couldn't commit as much to the run as they were able to when we never passed the ball early in the season.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
First off I want to say, I'M SORRY FRANK GORE. I said you were washed up, a lot of other people did too, and then he put the O on his back even though Smith made some mistakes and his OL hasn't been opening holes for him all year. You allowed us to grind out the clock, you got a touchdown on a really nice job pushing yourself into the end zone after it looked like you might be stopped(most backs would've been), and you broke long run after long run in the first half and kept us from being in bad field position. It was ridiculously exciting to see long run after long run. You proved me wrong for saying "why does he need more carries when he doesn't do anything with them and he fumbles the ball too much".

At the same time, it's a lot easier for the team to keep giving him the ball when he's getting production. It's harder when he gets stopped behind the LOS, to keep giving him the ball on 2nd and 12, or 3rd and 7, etc. But he did a great job tonight of making sure he got production when he got the ball on 1st and 2nd downs. When we get into those 3rd and longs, it kills us. When he can get us into a 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 5, it's a lot more manageable.

I also want to apologize to Goldson for saying he can't cover. He proved me wrong tonight also. That dude did a great job covering the whole middle of the field. It's really rare that a safety is able to take away the middle from Warner with weapons like Breaston, Fitz, and Boldin. Then he did a great job in run support also forcing their backs to cough up the ball. So good job Dashon and I'm sorry for doubting you! But the main man I think A LOT of us need to say sorry to, because I'm not the only one who said this, is Frank Gore! So thanks for proving me wrong, because you were one of my favorite players for the last few years, I was wrong for hopping off your band wagon after a few inconsistent games, and I have your authentic jersey.

Too Early to apologize I think bro he got his hands full next week. If D. Jackson burns us for a few touchdowns u will change ur mind quick.

Let's see how we play until the end of the season then make the assumption. We need Eric Berry in my estimation still and an OT with our 2 1st round picks.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Too Early to apologize I think bro he got his hands full next week. If D. Jackson burns us for a few touchdowns u will change ur mind quick.

Let's see how we play until the end of the season then make the assumption. We need Eric Berry in my estimation still and an OT with our 2 1st round picks.

Nah I'm not going to change my mind. If he's not productive next week it'll be because we get behind too early or because we can't block for crap. But when he gets blocking he still looks like the same guy. I was wrong. Flat out I was wrong. I'm still upset over the fumble in Seattle, because it really hurt us, but he's still a good player and there were other things we could've done to win that game. When Frank gets blocking he's still a legit back.
Its great that Gore was able to break some runs, but our defense won the game for us by forcing 7 turnovers.

What we did on offense tonight is a step down from where we were.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Its great that Gore was able to break some runs, but our defense won the game for us by forcing 7 turnovers.

I actually saw it as an improvement. When you have to rely on 50 passes to get some points...you are one dimensional. This is becoming a passing league but you win with balance.
Originally posted by jcs:

I actually saw it as an improvement. When you have to rely on 50 passes to get some points...you are one dimensional. This is becoming a passing league but you win with balance.

Amen. Unfortunately, you have to show you can pass the ball before a defense opens up the box on you. Once they started playing our pass we ran the ball. It was a pick your poison scenario for the Cards defense tonight.

Any of you guys notice Alex Smith plays much better on the road? Hmmm
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by jcs:

Amen. Unfortunately, you have to show you can pass the ball before a defense opens up the box on you. Once they started playing our pass we ran the ball. It was a pick your poison scenario for the Cards defense tonight.

Any of you guys notice Alex Smith plays much better on the road? Hmmm

Gore Plays better at home!
Gore had a great game as the line finally blocked for him.
Gore shows up on EVERY game!!!! He shines on the national spotlight! please get him to the playoffs!!! GO GORE!!!! GO NINERS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone