LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Mike Singletary and GM Scot McCloughan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
just saw on ESPN Ticker that Mike Singletary and general manger Scot McCloughan will be back according to President Jed York
Yeah he said it in an interview on KNBR as well.

-9fA
  • Luca
  • Veteran
I think this is a good move!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Why, who was said they weren't coming back?
Just saw it on ESPNEWS. Jed York says they will return next year. They are safe for another year!

[ Edited by MadMartz on Dec 14, 2009 at 21:36:03 ]
It would be stupid not too. He's brought in guys like Goldson, Manny, P-Willy, Gore, Davis, Staley, Sims(whos played very well), Spikes, Spencer(kept him when no one wanted him), T. Brown, Micheal Lewis, Crabtree, Morgan, Brooks and others. He has missed on a few but every GM does. I really feel that after this offseason we can and will make the playoffs. Under Mike and Scot these past 2 years we have been real close to the playoffs and were a few plays way from it every year. One or two more studs and we are young a extremely talented.
Fine! Just don't make any more empty promises Jed!

Let's just let Singletary coach, find an identity and DRAFT players for that identity.

If you do ANYTHING in the offseason, get us a REAL ROT!

Make a SERIOUS push to get a stud/solid OG! Mankins comes to mind!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Great. this team was dominate tonight. Let the good times roll
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
this means O scheme continuity from this year to next........finally!

Originally posted by boast:

That is a huge decision for this team. Finally a good one. Great call Jed.

Originally posted by boast:

even though if it is jimmy raye, i would rather have some continuity
Mike Singeltary and GM Scott M
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Jed York called in to confirm that McC and Sing will "be here for a long time."

I know that as much as we won this game the Cardinals lost it, but I can't help but be impressed by this team's potential.

I also can't help but be impressed by Jed, he is saying all the right things and after he called in to confirm the job status' he answered a few questions. He was extremely honest in his assessment of the 49ers (not just pumping the team up) and I am pleased in the direction this team has taken under his leadership.
I didn't see if there was a thread on this already but on the way to work this morning Sirius NFL radio two minute drill reported that Jed York prior to last night's game announced that Coach Singletary and Scot McCloughan will be back for the 2010 season.

Seems like the right thing to do. Thoughts?
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=135165
Share 49ersWebzone