There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

For those who don't like David Baas

It looks like we are built to be a pulling team, not a smash mouth one. Every run play that we had a guard pulling we looked great. Looks like maybe we found our staple in the running.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
lol watch the highlights from tonight gore trucks right into baas at the 1. haha

and everyone would be bashing him if he got stuffed while dancing.
I agree that we should keep Baas if the price is right and bring someone in to push him for the starting job. We should keep Sims to backup Staley draft a RT and hopefully Boone will be ready to backup RT and let Snyder be backup at guard.
The problem with Baas is that he always gets hurt in TC and doesn't develop the chemistry with the online that can go a long way.
OK.......props to you, David Baas for tonight.

I still think we could do better in the long run.
I give Baas his props for tonight. He earned it.

-9fA
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
It looks like we are built to be a pulling team, not a smash mouth one. Every run play that we had a guard pulling we looked great. Looks like maybe we found our staple in the running.

It's the same play. We were running power all night. That play is the definition of a smash mouth running team.
On Gore's TD he blocked 3 guys

Thread closed
He did really well in the run blocking. IMO he has aleays been better at run blocking than pass blocking.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He did really well in the run blocking. IMO he has aleays been better at run blocking than pass blocking.

I agree. He's great when he pulls to block, but when he doesn't, he isn't.
a couple of weeks ago, I said baas was best when pulling and geting down field. he did a damn good job in that role tonight. BUT, I still thinks he sucks and needs to really get his ass in gear if he wants to prove that he is not a pushover.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Totally agree. He does a terrific job pulling though, which makes me wonder why we don't run more pitches and sweeps.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Smiley couldn't hold his jock this evening. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

Oh, please. He has been getting better and this was his best game of the year, but he is not close to Smiley. He is still getting out of his stance to pull and is not very crisp on his blocks when he gets to the opponent.

But hey, Smiley is gone and Baas is playing better. Still not the guy he should be for a high draft choice but he is the guy for now.
If they don't agree on a new CBA, Baas is only eligible to become a RFA, which will likely mean he'll be back in 2010.