There are 211 users in the forums

Where's the Coffee?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
In training camp, the beat writers characterized him as a "violent downhill runner", and in pre-season he did very well, and was quoted as saying something like "the NFL is easy". Where is he now? I'm pretty disappointed with what he's produced. The reason there are so many forgiving people on this board is because we have an over abundance of die hard fans that generally can't see things objectively. There is a reason why the word "fan" comes from the word "fanatic". In any event, I'd like to see more production from him.

I agree with wanting to see more production, however, I will not rant and rave over a 3rd round RB that flops - win some lose some. We won with Gore (3rd round) and we might have loss with Coffee. If it is determined that the Coffee experiment was a mistake, he will be gone. Sing is no non-sense when it come to that matter. Trust me, we'll get another RB in this draft (Multi purpose type/returner) and he will either push Coffee to produce or out the door.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
In training camp, the beat writers characterized him as a "violent downhill runner", and in pre-season he did very well, and was quoted as saying something like "the NFL is easy". Where is he now? I'm pretty disappointed with what he's produced. The reason there are so many forgiving people on this board is because we have an over abundance of die hard fans that generally can't see things objectively. There is a reason why the word "fan" comes from the word "fanatic". In any event, I'd like to see more production from him.

I agree with wanting to see more production, however, I will not rant and rave over a 3rd round RB that flops - win some lose some. We won with Gore (3rd round) and we might have loss with Coffee. If it is determined that the Coffee experiment was a mistake, he will be gone. Sing is no non-sense when it come to that matter. Trust me, we'll get another RB in this draft (Multi purpose type/returner) and he will either push Coffee to produce or out the door.

Those are my thoughts exactly.

-9fA
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
at starbucks ?
[ Edited by taney71 on Jan 31, 2010 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
at starbucks ?
I'm pretty disappointed with what he's produced. The reason there are so many forgiving people on this board is because we have an over abundance of die hard fans that generally can't see things objectively. There is a reason why the word "fan" comes from the word "fanatic". In any event, I'd like to see more production from him.
and i'm pretty disappointed that there still are some people out there who think that they could judge a player by his rookie season in the way of "beast or bust". look at stafford...he didnt a lot of things but you have to ask WHY. and you have to have patience...it is unusual that a rookie, especially a mid-round one makes an immediate impact. coffee isnt a 08/15 WR from indy with a QB named manning but he is a downhill runner with a s**tty line in front of him who couldnt open anything.
Originally posted by communist:
I'm pretty disappointed with what he's produced. The reason there are so many forgiving people on this board is because we have an over abundance of die hard fans that generally can't see things objectively. There is a reason why the word "fan" comes from the word "fanatic". In any event, I'd like to see more production from him.
and i'm pretty disappointed that there still are some people out there who think that they could judge a player by his rookie season in the way of "beast or bust". look at stafford...he didnt a lot of things but you have to ask WHY. and you have to have patience...it is unusual that a rookie, especially a mid-round one makes an immediate impact. coffee isnt a 08/15 WR from indy with a QB named manning but he is a downhill runner with a s**tty line in front of him who couldnt open anything.

Let alone the fact that he was a 3rd round pick. What do you people expect??
I say give him another year. It's not like we expected him to take over for Gore or anything. I still think he has a lot of upside to him.
Share 49ersWebzone