LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Where's the Coffee?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wanted us to draft Shonn Greene so bad!!
people need to remember that the WORST our o line played all season was when shaun hill and coffee played. our o line started to gel later on, but coffee didnt play. its too early to write him off. sometimes this happens with players.. sometimes it takes a year or two for it to click.

do you all remember deAngelo Williams? everyone thought he was a 1st rnd bust, so they drafted jonathon stewart. then williams gets it. bam. 18 TDs pro bowl. not saying coffee is that good.. just saying, sometimes it takes a year or two to click. look at VD..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
at starbucks
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by D_Niner:
We haven't seen much of this guy since the bye. Anybody know if he's hurt or have any info on whats up???

The Morning Perk with Fropwns will be back this Spring!

Oh wait, I see what you did there with that title.

Sneaky, sneakkkkkky!
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
people need to remember that the WORST our o line played all season was when shaun hill and coffee played. our o line started to gel later on, but coffee didnt play. its too early to write him off. sometimes this happens with players.. sometimes it takes a year or two for it to click.

do you all remember deAngelo Williams? everyone thought he was a 1st rnd bust, so they drafted jonathon stewart. then williams gets it. bam. 18 TDs pro bowl. not saying coffee is that good.. just saying, sometimes it takes a year or two to click. look at VD..

Good point about VD. I sure hope it clicks in soon for Coffee..it would be great to see him bring the game he had at Alabama to our backfield.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
We haven't seen much of this guy since the bye. Anybody know if he's hurt or have any info on whats up???

The Morning Perk with Fropwns will be back this Spring!

Oh wait, I see what you did there with that title.

Sneaky, sneakkkkkky!

Finally, somebody got what I was actually talking about.

In his limited opportunities toward the end of the season, it looked like he was starting to get a feel for things. He just wasn't ready when Gore went down...and, as stated, the OL wasn't playing very well then, either. It's way too soon to get worried about Coffee...you don't have the success he had in the SEC without having a lot of talent. He'll be fine...particularly as they add a good RT like Bulaga and maybe an OG like Iupati. The OL's in great hands w/Solari and now Ray Brown. Just watch how they improve this year.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

I did it that i wanna Greene but i was right! wow.. he is lost for the 49ers..
  • Joe49er4life
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
he's playing like decaf

Coffe, may yet develop, but it does not bode well for a back if the two best things I can think are the following: "He follows his blockers" and He goes to hole as the play was drawn".

The first some times indicates a lack of speed, and the second can some times indicate a lack of vision or field awareness.

I hope it is just a case of great discipline!

Take a look at Shonn Green's offensive line.

Now take a look at the 49ers offensive line...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Exactly: I think I could even pick up a few yards running behind three pro-bowl linemen. I may get obliterated by the LBs, but at least I'll pick up a few yards before losing consciousness.
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Exactly: I think I could even pick up a few yards running behind three pro-bowl linemen. I may get obliterated by the LBs, but at least I'll pick up a few yards before losing consciousness.

Agreed. However, some runningbacks make things happen themselves as well. Greene looks like a RB that will do that. Coffee on the other hand appears to need a good Oline.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
In training camp, the beat writers characterized him as a "violent downhill runner", and in pre-season he did very well, and was quoted as saying something like "the NFL is easy". Where is he now? I'm pretty disappointed with what he's produced. The reason there are so many forgiving people on this board is because we have an over abundance of die hard fans that generally can't see things objectively. There is a reason why the word "fan" comes from the word "fanatic". In any event, I'd like to see more production from him.
I wasn't high on the Coffee pick when we made it. He's young. Hopefully he can turn into a serviceable journeyman back.
Share 49ersWebzone