LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Mike Tirico on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Method:
Murph and Mac are so stupid. Mike Tirico wouldn't know why we are spreading it out because he hasn't seen how bad our offensive line is at making holes for Frank.

Only reason we're in that game against Seattle is because our pass game, our rushing game was non-existent. There's no holes for Gore to run through, and when there is, he seems to run into the pile instead of hitting the wide f**king open hole. I dunno what the hell Frank's thinking lately, but he's fallen off hard.

Murph and Mac are idiots plain and simple..cant stand those dorks...the oline is terrible, its just that simple
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Murph and Mac are the most annoying radio personalities. They don't know what they are talking about. They are loud and obnoxious. They remind me of that episode of Family Guy with the annoying announcers and the annoying sounds they make when they broadcast. I hate Radnich too. Does this guy ever talk sports?

Can the Bay Area get some real sports guys on the radio that actually like talking about football and know what they are talking about???

I hate Gary Radnich too

Add me in, the guy is annoying.

Alright.

More annoying: Gary Radnich or Ralph Barbieri

I would have to go with Barbieri. At least when the 49ers win, Radnich seems upbeat. Barbieri is just so angry and negative. And dont get me started on that voice.

Radnich is the biggest kiss a** in sports radio. I have never heard him ask a tough question from his guests.
Mike Tirico is an idiot, and Murph & Mac are weak.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Oh boy, I can now tell what tonight's broadcast is all going to be about...

-9fA

Man I hope not. Once they get on a tangent.. it's all they'll talk about.

Yep. And Jaws will look for any opportunity to criticize Smith thus proving his acumen in analyzing a QB's mechanics. Never mind that Smith had a separated shoulder when he did it last. I really hope the Niners come out smoking!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Most of these network guys would wonder these things because they don't actually watch our games. They read box scores, and think that Gore's being frozen out for the hell of it.
KNBR is a piece of s**t. Everyone on there is god awful.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
KNBR is a piece of s**t. Everyone on there is god awful.

I can almost agree with you but I really like Fitz and Brooks. They are by far the most knowledgeable of all hosts. Ralph needs to go, not only because he is just bitter, but he seems like he is always guessing with his answers. He is the least knowledgeable person on the station, maybe in sports talk period. I quit listening to KNBR after 3:00 pm. Anyway, that's my $0.02
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
This is really getting on my nerves.

Basically Murph & Mac are asking why the 49ers don't run it more and why Alex Smith doesn't run the offense behind center instead of in the shotgun. Mike Tirico says....

"I don't know what they're doing. I don't know why someone has flipped the switch and said lets turn the keys over to Alex Smith spread it all out when you have still a pretty good running back in Gore."

In other words, run it more.

Now Murph or Mac says....

"Alex has just proven over the years that he is just not as effective under center...."

They're saying the reason why we can't turn it over to Gore is because Alex Smith doesn't perform under center. None of them mention the offensive line.

THIS drives me crazy. I LOVE listening to Murph & Mac and KNBR but the more I listen to the media the more I realize these guys don't know anything about football.

Maybe I'm the only one that wants to line most of the 'experts' and media guys up in the film room and explain to them as if they were children when I say, "This is A FOOTBALL...." You know, start from the beginning so by the time I get to the offensive line being a crucial part of the team they'll get it.

Is this a dumb post? I don't know but I'm fuming and I needed to vent.

Murph&Mac

Not at all bro. I'm fuming along with you.

Another thing that pisses me off is that people think we went to the spread because it suits Alex better. The dumaasses don't realize that this line can't protect in a basic pro style offensive scheme. They fail to mention that the majority of Alex's touchdowns come from under center.
Brian Murphy is not happy unless he's talking about golf or Tiger Woods.

Paul McCaffrey is not happy unless he's kissing Murph's a$$.

Radnich sounds like he's sipping vodka on the radio and has an infatuation for Jay-Z.

Fitz and Brooks are ok but they are arrogant and chastise damn near all their callers. Fitz is up the a$$ of anyone who is good at a particular time with the exception of ND, and Rod Brooks method of speaking drives me bananas.

Tom Tolbert is tollerable but he always goes off on random tangents and repeats himself to the point that it's obvious that he's just trying to fill airtime.

Ralph Barbieri should have been born a woman.

Damon Bruce is funny but he tends to contradict himself at least once on every broadcast.

The backup guys i.e. Dan Dibbley and Patrick Connor are pretty good.

Overall, KNBR sucks but it's all we got so I'll take it.
I like Radnich because he's funny.

I like Damon Bruce because he at least is informed about sports.

Murph and Mac? Don't worry, they won't be on much longer.

Damon Bruce was a total Alex hater and now he's singing a slightly different tune. The people who call in are mostly knuckle draggers who blame Smith for pretty much everything. This one douche called in and said Alex is pretty much responsible for the defensive woes too because the defense isn't "inspired to play after seeing our offense and Alex Smith." I mean wow really.
Of the three MNF broadcasters, I thought Gruden was far and away the best. He gave Alex credit when he deserved it, gave him constructive criticism when he didn't make a good throw/decision. He also seemed to be the most knowledgeable about our players...so, I really don't care what Tirico had to say.
Share 49ersWebzone