LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Mike Tirico on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mike Tirico? You want to talk about Mike Tirico?!

Golf commentator turned NFL broadcaster?

The same guy that once stuck his head between an ESPN Intern's legs as she tried to drive away?

Tirico is great at reading the script. He doesn't know the first thing about analyzing the NFL.

Is Brian Murphy still lobbying for Thomas Clayton to get playing time? I stopped listening after one week in 2004.

[ Edited by redrathman on Dec 14, 2009 at 13:22:52 ]
Originally posted by redrathman:
Mike Tirico? You want to talk about Mike Tirico?!

Golf commentator turned NFL broadcaster?

The same guy that once stuck his head between an ESPN Intern's legs as she tried to drive away?

Tirico is great at reading the script. He doesn't know the first thing about analyzing the NFL.

Is Brian Murphy still lobbying for Thomas Clayton to get playing time? I stopped listening after one week in 2004.

WTF? That's even more of a reason to get this guy out of commenting, let alone give football based opinions.
Well, they are partly right. Smith does seem to play better when he's throwing out of the shotgun formation. However; it is also painfully obvious that our O-line cannot run block at all.

It boils down to what gives the team the best chance to win. And right now, with this O-line, it's playing out of the shotgun.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
Murph and Mac are so stupid. Mike Tirico wouldn't know why we are spreading it out because he hasn't seen how bad our offensive line is at making holes for Frank.

Only reason we're in that game against Seattle is because our pass game, our rushing game was non-existent. There's no holes for Gore to run through, and when there is, he seems to run into the pile instead of hitting the wide f**king open hole. I dunno what the hell Frank's thinking lately, but he's fallen off hard.

Murph and Mac are idiots plain and simple..cant stand those dorks...the oline is terrible, its just that simple

[ Edited by dmax on Dec 14, 2009 at 13:39:58 ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Murph and Mac are the most annoying radio personalities. They don't know what they are talking about. They are loud and obnoxious. They remind me of that episode of Family Guy with the annoying announcers and the annoying sounds they make when they broadcast. I hate Radnich too. Does this guy ever talk sports?

Can the Bay Area get some real sports guys on the radio that actually like talking about football and know what they are talking about???

I hate Gary Radnich too

Add me in, the guy is annoying.

[ Edited by Hopper on Dec 14, 2009 at 13:42:05 ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Murph and Mac are the most annoying radio personalities. They don't know what they are talking about. They are loud and obnoxious. They remind me of that episode of Family Guy with the annoying announcers and the annoying sounds they make when they broadcast. I hate Radnich too. Does this guy ever talk sports?

Can the Bay Area get some real sports guys on the radio that actually like talking about football and know what they are talking about???

I hate Gary Radnich too

Alright.

More annoying: Gary Radnich or Ralph Barbieri

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I hate Gary Radnich too

I actually like listening to Radnich, but sometimes he does get kind of annoying. But for the most part he is pretty funny
Good thread, If we had the line we would run it is that so hard for them to realize?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Gore isn't the problem, the line is weak.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Gore isn't the problem, the line is weak.

O-line fix izza must!

Love how they say "over the year he's proven" like the kid played in 5 season when in fact he barely has two full seasons under his belt.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Love how they say "over the year he's proven" like the kid played in 5 season when in fact he barely has two full seasons under his belt.

yeah, it will be interesting to see how fast they jump on the smith bandwagon if he has a good game, or to see what they say if he doesn't...

even if smith blows up this game...if we lose, I say let Davis have the next 3 games...
Yeah, Murph and Mac bothered me a lot more than Tirico did. I know he is just the go between with Jaws and Gruden. Murph and Mac should at least know a decent amount about the team they're covering and they don't see the core problem. That just pisses me off. And when they made the comment it was almost like they were whining about it. I haven't been listening to them long enough but they are entertaining for the most part. Now I know they know nothing about football.

I for one hope Alex Smith gives the Cards and the media a nice warm cup of shut the hell up tonight.

GO NINERS!!!
Originally posted by BigRon:
If it had been Mike Holmgren or Mike Ditka or Mike Golic, It might carry some weight. But Method is right, I doubt Tirico has spent much time watching tape of our Oline THIS season.

This
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Hopper:

I hate Gary Radnich too

Alright.

More annoying: Gary Radnich or Ralph Barbieri

I would have to go with Barbieri. At least when the 49ers win, Radnich seems upbeat. Barbieri is just so angry and negative. And dont get me started on that voice.
Share 49ersWebzone