LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Why do people think Gore is a top 5 back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The way he runs.
i dont feel like looking it up, but doesnt he have the 2nd most rushing yards since he came into the league only behind LT.

People forget how valuable he is as a receiver as well, he is 2nd on the team in Recs this year, as well as being a very solid blocker as well, he does it all.

IMO he is a top 5 back
Because in a different offense with a different OL, he could be top 5 or close to it, but not for too much longer.
Originally posted by valrod33:
i dont feel like looking it up, but doesnt he have the 2nd most rushing yards since he came into the league only behind LT.

People forget how valuable he is as a receiver as well, he is 2nd on the team in Recs this year, as well as being a very solid blocker as well, he does it all.

IMO he is a top 5 back

Ya.. but you are a Braves fan and you think we should bring back TO. What the heck do you know. I kid I kid.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by valrod33:

IMO he is a top 5 back

Ya.. but you are a Braves fan and you think we should bring back TO. What the heck do you know. I kid I kid.

I think he is just on the verge of being in the top 5... but def. in the top 10.

Our oline is so terrible this year. The few times that gore gets into space, he cannot be tackled 1v1. Some other backs are like that for sure, but he excels at it. He has taken a few to the house this year with that ability.

However, our backups are terrible, and Gore needs to share the load, so we better get a backup in the offseason where when they go in I don't think we have lost any talent.
Amazing what he can do when the line actually blocks for him.
Does the Tard that started the thread even watch football? Did u c the Niners/Tards game tonight?
Grant, Addai, Benson... Better than Gore????

And this coming from 49er fans. Wow! Those guys couldn't hold his jock.

Let Turner have more than one good season before we throw him into the elite class. Oh, and while we're waiting, maybe Turner will learn how to catch, so that he's not one-dimensional.

Gore is one of the few elite, complete RBs. He can do it all and he can do it even when the defense knows it's coming. He's been the only offensive weapons we've had over the past several seasons and he still produced more than all these guys that are getting named as better backs.

Frank the Tank
He is a top 5 back because his performance today
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's strictly a middle-of the road back as an NFL starter. Is tremendous if given a large hole up the middle with little shiftiness needed. Does not read holes well anymore, and doesn't break tackles as in the past.

Sorry, but he is on the down side of his career.

I agree with this. Gore used to be a force to try and bring down, I don't know what's happened now. Maybe coaching has been a bad thing?

-9fA

How easily we forget. The reason why he does not struggle relentlessly for an extra yard or two is because defenses soon figured out that it gives more time to reach in and rip the ball out.

Gore is a top 10 back, easily.
Only needs to average 55 ypg over the next three to have his fourth 1,000 yd rushing season in a row. Not top 10 my ass.
Because over the past 3 seasons or so there aren't 5 backs with more production then him. (Mostly because Chris Johnson hasnt been around that whole time)
Share 49ersWebzone