LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

My Goal for Alex Smith for the remainder of the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What I would love to see is Alex Smith have his Interception to Td Ratio at 1:1 for his career before the season ends. His career statistics currently are 32 Touchdown passes with 38 Interceptions. With the poise and Leadership he is beginning to display, my goal for him is to enter the 2010 season at 39+ Tds and 39- interceptions. It maybe far-fetched but if he ends up doing it, it proves that he IS our quarterback.

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Dec 14, 2009 at 00:52:41 ]
He's playing better this year by far. He can't do anything about the past. That is gone. And there were a variety of factors that caused his past troubles. Some of it was him and some long list of other things as well.
he has 13 td 7 int

with 4 games left i say he throws for 9tds 3int, that will finish him at 22tds 10int in 10 starts this season & will put him at 41tds 41int going into next season in his 6th season.

This is defintely Smiths coming out year, and it shows by the numbers... 19 total tds in 2005-2008 regarless he was injured, and has 13tds in 6 starts this season.. amazingg, and a reason to believe in Smith again!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
he has 13 td 7 int

with 4 games left i say he throws for 9tds 3int, that will finish him at 22tds 10int in 10 starts this season & will put him at 41tds 41int going into next season in his 6th season.

This is defintely Smiths coming out year, and it shows by the numbers... 19 total tds in 2005-2008 regarless he was injured, and has 13tds in 6 starts this season.. amazingg, and a reason to believe in Smith again!!

Enough with the statistics. The main statistic that counts is Win/Loss.

While from a statistical sense Smith has shown improvement, where are the wins? Sure it's not all his fault, but if he wants to run a spread offense, then he's going to need to score more than 10, 17, and 14 points a game in order to OUTRIGHT win.
Originally posted by GEEK:
he has 13 td 7 int

While from a statistical sense Smith has shown improvement, where are the wins? Sure it's not all his fault, but if he wants to run a spread offense, then he's going to need to score more than 10, 17, and 14 points a game in order to OUTRIGHT win.

When our guys value catching the ball in the red zone more then we can be on the way to consistently scoring over 24 a game
I was gonna say the same thing for Alex. I mean like they said we cant help the past and he's 13-7 ratio this season. So i think we should go with what he does this season. If he improves and his TD ratio, stays above the int, then i think he has proven himself this season.

Also, something just came to mind. Last night Manning threw for 3 or 4 td's and 3 int's. But they still managed to win the game. Thats why i say it's not just about the QB, but about the team. On average qb's throw 2td's a game. Thats the norm, despite the overall superstars, in Manning, Brees, and a few others. Yesterday, im watchin the colts TE, make catches that i wish i saw Davis make. He didnt have one drop yesterday, making one handed catches, diving for the ball that was over/underthrown. And 2 of his TD's came in coverage, he just had to be physical with each defensive back, or those passes could of been INT's.

So you see, im just saying, Sing said it best and i hope everyone listened. " It's my belief that if a ball is thrown ANYWHERE in the area of the WR the ball should be caught". Thats what he said when asked about some drops. And even the GOAT, said the same thing.

So i say in order for Alex to be successful as well, we cant have any more than maybe 1 or 2 drops a game per team. And if the ball is in the area of the receiver, then it should be caught.
Like most qb, Smith can only control what he can, which is distributing the ball to his offensive players and minimized the turn overs. For the most part he has done that this year so far. The last two games, he threw 40 times each with no INTs. With wins and losses he has to depend on the rest of the team along with his play.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
he has 13 td 7 int

tell our receivers to stop dropping passes
Achieveable goal. The past is yesterday's news - I'd like to see him continue to get better and stay healthy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
More completions and less interceptions to finish out the season is what I like to see.

win some games
Originally posted by lamontb:
win some games
lol!
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
win some games
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Like most qb, Smith can only control what he can, which is distributing the ball to his offensive players and minimized the turn overs. For the most part he has done that this year so far. The last two games, he threw 40 times each with no INTs. With wins and losses he has to depend on the rest of the team along with his play.

Agree with this. The 49ers just have to find a way to start winning games.
Share 49ersWebzone