LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 316 users in the forums

2 More Records, Gone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Marshal is 6-4 the corner is like 5 foot sure he knew he would have a good game if he was really good he would have caught 30 passes.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Who cares? We have 5 SB's 'nuff said.

That's what I'm talking about!
I'm glad TO lost his record.

LB
records are made to be broken
Originally posted by Chief:
The Colts deserve it.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I don't give a f**k
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Who cares? We have 5 SB's 'nuff said.

• Nuns
  • Veteran
Don't we still hold the record at 16 consecutive 10 win seasons?

Now that is impressive.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Envy:
So we lost 2 records today.

1. The winningest(sp?) decade was of course our 90's 49ers, now it is the 00's Colts

2. Brandon Marshall took T.O.s record of receptions in a game with 21. This one pisses me off because Marshall "predicted" he would have a historical game....I think they game planned for him to hit this record, even at the cost of a win. And the Colts really could have put more defenders on him near the end because it was obvious Orton was ignoring other open receivers.

Well my thoughts are

1. The Colts deserve to have that record because they approach football in the way it should be played.

2. Marshall was going against a 5ft 8in corner. Why wouldn't you throw him the ball? Makes perfect sense considering his aerial ability and YAC.

No, I don't question the Broncos, I question the Colts. You are suppose to try to stop records from being broken as long as it does not jeopardize a win. Near the end of the game the Colts had the game well in hand and it was obvious the Broncos had given up on winning but were intent on Marshall getting the record. I think the Colts should have bracketed Marshall in his last few catches. They more or less let him get some easy ones at the end. It was kind of like Favre bending over for Strahan a few years back.

You're kidding right? The Colts don't care one iota about their own records, why should they give a crap about TO's record one way or another. They have a chance to go undefeated, but both Jim Caldwell and Bill Polian have said that they are not worried about that, but are only concerned with being ready for the playoffs. History has shown that they will sit players that are dinged up, even minor dings, without any concern over that undefeated thing if they think it will help them get ready for the playoffs. And with that attitude regarding their own records, you think they worried about letting Marshall break a record...or preventing it? They weren't worried about it one way or another. They had a game plan, and they played within that game plan. No more, no less.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I don't give a f**k

Originally posted by mrgneissguy:

1. The winningest(sp?) decade was of course our 90's 49ers, now it is the 00's Colts

2. Brandon Marshall took T.O.s record of receptions in a game with 21. This one pisses me off because Marshall "predicted" he would have a historical game....I think they game planned for him to hit this record, even at the cost of a win. And the Colts really could have put more defenders on him near the end because it was obvious Orton was ignoring other open receivers.

Well my thoughts are

1. The Colts deserve to have that record because they approach football in the way it should be played.

2. Marshall was going against a 5ft 8in corner. Why wouldn't you throw him the ball? Makes perfect sense considering his aerial ability and YAC.

No, I don't question the Broncos, I question the Colts. You are suppose to try to stop records from being broken as long as it does not jeopardize a win. Near the end of the game the Colts had the game well in hand and it was obvious the Broncos had given up on winning but were intent on Marshall getting the record. I think the Colts should have bracketed Marshall in his last few catches. They more or less let him get some easy ones at the end. It was kind of like Favre bending over for Strahan a few years back.

You're kidding right? The Colts don't care one iota about their own records, why should they give a crap about TO's record one way or another. They have a chance to go undefeated, but both Jim Caldwell and Bill Polian have said that they are not worried about that, but are only concerned with being ready for the playoffs. History has shown that they will sit players that are dinged up, even minor dings, without any concern over that undefeated thing if they think it will help them get ready for the playoffs. And with that attitude regarding their own records, you think they worried about letting Marshall break a record...or preventing it? They weren't worried about it one way or another. They had a game plan, and they played within that game plan. No more, no less.

I don't think many of you get the actual point nor watched any part of the game besides highlights. I will admit I did not watch most of the game but I did catch the end the last few minutes. I have been watching the NFL for a long time, and it ain't f**king easy to blow a 12 pt lead in under 2 mins. The liklelihood of doubling, bracketing and or bumping Marshall on the line resulting in a Broncos upset is almost nill.

I am only talking about the end of the game. You guys should really READ a post before responding to it.

Its too bad the NFL now has teams who are OK with ending up being the team to give up a record, players use to have more pride than that. The difference between 2 score lead and a 1 score lead is great and very relevant.

But I am not going to be a hypocrite, I fully understand that TO only holds that record in this era as well...so be it.

"Records are meant to be broken" Well sure, when the NFL goes out of it's way to ensure that is true

Well my thoughts are

I don't think many of you get the actual point nor watched any part of the game besides highlights. I will admit I did not watch most of the game but I did catch the end the last few minutes. I have been watching the NFL for a long time, and it ain't f**king easy to blow a 12 pt lead in under 2 mins. The liklelihood of doubling, bracketing and or bumping Marshall on the line resulting in a Broncos upset is almost nill.

I am only talking about the end of the game. You guys should really READ a post before responding to it.

Its too bad the NFL now has teams who are OK with ending up being the team to give up a record, players use to have more pride than that. The difference between 2 score lead and a 1 score lead is great and very relevant.

But I am not going to be a hypocrite, I fully understand that TO only holds that record in this era as well...so be it.

"Records are meant to be broken" Well sure, when the NFL goes out of it's way to ensure that is true

Um, I read your entire post, and I watched every play of that game. In fact, I've watched every game of theirs, as I am an Indiana Native. The Colts' defense played the last part of the game no differently than they play any other game with a late lead. They aren't worried about whether or not a receiver catches a short pass in front of them, any time during a game, but especially late in game when they have a lead. In fact, they'll almost always let a receiver catch the short passes in front of them. They worry about preventing that receiver from beating them long. They worry about tackling that receiver after they make the short catch. Any receiver, any game, they treat them all the same. It is their MO. They are very much a bend don't break defense, and that is the way they play. They will on ocassion press a receiver, but it is not very often, and never without help over the top. They rarely press receivers when they are protecting a lead late in the game.

So what you are saying is they should have changed their game plan to prevent Marshall from breaking that record? Seriously? They don't change their game plan for their own players to break records and you think they're going to do it for Marshall or TO? Not likely.

Well my thoughts are

Even if a team played soft to "let" someone break the record, then still nobody cares. These records are known as "trivia" in the sports world. As in a derivitive of the word "trivial", which means "of little importance".
5-0

yeah, but who wants 21 receptions and average less than 10.00 yards per catch. That alone tells you that he couldn't really get it done at that they were forcing it...

terrell had like 273 yds or whatever...

and, that will be the only record that brandon marshall ever owns...
Share 49ersWebzone