There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What was said... What it really means...

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
OH STFU with all the Sing blame.

If Gore didn't fumble -our win

If Farve didn't get so lucky by an inch- our win

If Parys Harlson tackled Chris Johnson on the 6th yard line , on 4th an goal - our win

If the Colts didn't have to go deep in the cheeser playbook and do an HB option pass- maybe our win.

and if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. the point is, we were in possition to let one play lose a game for us. we are not ready for the playoffs. i hope we make it but we are still showing growing pains. the players are pretty good, we really need help on o-line, we definitely need help getting to the QB. after those two needs are filled, then we will be a great team that deserves the playoffs. if one play can lose a game for u, be it a bad call or a fluke play like the favre td, you are not ready. a playoff team doesnt blow 3 timeouts in 6 minutes or make 3 up the middle attempts when the game is on the line and gets stopped. we are not good enough to overcome coaching/player mistakes. next year we will be one year wiser and hopefully they can fix some key problem areas. with a decent line this year we would have atleast 4 more wins at this point.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

If Parys Harlson tackled Chris Johnson on the 6th yard line , on 4th an goal - our win

If the Colts didn't have to go deep in the cheeser playbook and do an HB option pass- maybe our win.

and if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. the point is, we were in possition to let one play lose a game for us. we are not ready for the playoffs. i hope we make it but we are still showing growing pains. the players are pretty good, we really need help on o-line, we definitely need help getting to the QB. after those two needs are filled, then we will be a great team that deserves the playoffs. if one play can lose a game for u, be it a bad call or a fluke play like the favre td, you are not ready. a playoff team doesnt blow 3 timeouts in 6 minutes or make 3 up the middle attempts when the game is on the line and gets stopped. we are not good enough to overcome coaching/player mistakes. next year we will be one year wiser and hopefully they can fix some key problem areas. with a decent line this year we would have atleast 4 more wins at this point.

we were in position to lose those games becuse the coaches would sit on any type of lead that we had no matter how small.
Originally posted by backontop:

we were in position to lose those games becuse the coaches would sit on any type of lead that we had no matter how small.

this what i think hurt us most. our conservative approach at the end of games absolutely killed us. i mean, the 3 and outs we had (all 3 of which were running) murdered us. if we mixed in this shotgun offense on first down in the beginning of the year, we may have had a different outcome. if so and so didn't miss the assignment or this person didn't drop the pass, our season would also be different.

but in the end, we are what we are -- a team that is still discovering itself and won't be able to until we address our issues in the secondary and on the offensive line. singletary can be blamed for things but i believe you cannot place blame on him for player mistakes as well. this is a TEAM game, and the blame should be put on EVERYONE -- the team, the coaching, and the front office.

Amen to that
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

this what i think hurt us most. our conservative approach at the end of games absolutely killed us. i mean, the 3 and outs we had (all 3 of which were running) murdered us. if we mixed in this shotgun offense on first down in the beginning of the year, we may have had a different outcome. if so and so didn't miss the assignment or this person didn't drop the pass, our season would also be different.

but in the end, we are what we are -- a team that is still discovering itself and won't be able to until we address our issues in the secondary and on the offensive line. singletary can be blamed for things but i believe you cannot place blame on him for player mistakes as well. this is a TEAM game, and the blame should be put on EVERYONE -- the team, the coaching, and the front office.

Some posters here have a hard time understanding the bolded.

We were a f*cking CHARITY this year! We gave away games. Last time I checked, I thought we were not going to do that anymore.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

We were a f*cking CHARITY this year! We gave away games. Last time I checked, I thought we were not going to do that anymore.

that won't stop until the team's chemistry is better, the OLine starts opening holes for Gore, the DB's stop letting scrubs have career games.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Some posters here have a hard time understanding the bolded.

it's a shame. when we continue to lose people think cutting everyone is the right thing to do. let's give sing AND raye (yes, AND raye) another year to KEEP continuity and give them at least a chance to mold THEIR identity and thus it will filter into the team. Let's be honest, Sing's plan failed and if he wants to make it work he has another offseason to do this. Not only that, but now Raye will have a year of evaluating personnel under his belt, hopefully this will give him an offseason to get players to help his offensive gameplan to truition.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tmg808:
I was watching FOX SPORTS BAY AREA. They had Singletary on and right before the interview they played Mike Singletary in a prior press conference defending that his team is a playoff team. The first question that was asked of the coach is if he would like to back off his stance about the 49ers being a playoff team. What I hear him saying in that question, As the Coach of your team, do you want to admit that your players are not as good as you thought they were on TV. That is a ridiculous question and what is the purpose of asking such a question??

I was listening to KNBR (Dec. 9th) and they were interviewing Kevin Lynch about the 49ers. When he was asked about if the 49ers were a playoff team after the Seattle game. His response was if the 49ers did make the playoff, the NFL should tap them on the shoulder and say we don't want you. He went on to say, they may be able to beat the Cardinals and play with the Cardinals but they aren't on there level. So basically what I got from the conversation is that the 49ers are a young team that even if things end up going there way, there would be no benefit of making the playoffs. Is it me or does all this sound ridiculous to you also??

You missed the point of Lynch's comment. He wasn't saying that there would not be a benefit to the 49ers in making playoffs. Clearly, there would be. He was saying that if this team made the playoffs, it would probably be the worst team in the playoffs and there might be better teams that didn't make the playoffs.

As to the first question, its a fair question. Singletary from the day he took the HC job has said that this was a playoff team. While not eliminated, it appears they won't make the playoffs for whatever reason. It may be the players. It may be the coaching. It may be something else. It may be a combination of a whole lot of things. It is a fair question because he is the HC and if the team that he thought was a playoff team did not live up to its expectations, presumably, he would be the one to ask what happened.

Hell!, If the Refs actually called any semblance of a balanced game -OUR WIN

Quote:

I have to say also, that Lynch an co that feel that way are closed minded people. I mean really were the Cardinals Playoff material BEFORE they actually GOT to the Playoffs?

By their very own close minded stance, NO they were not. It's not about how you are playing during the season it's about how you leave everything out on the field when the Playoffs start. If they can play well from the opening snap to the final gun, then WTF are Kevin Lynch and Co. to suggest that they aren't THAT team?

Lynch is FoS.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by sixbricks:

Amen to that

Amen to that too, Not sure why things like the above only happen to our team.

Knowledgeable football people knows how to filter out those incidents are get the real result. The ownership and senior management voted after each game to get the unbiaed result for our intern performance review proposes. So far, we are at 10-2, firmly in control of our destiny. The ownership is very pleased with our team's performance.