There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What was said... What it really means...

• tmg808
  • Info N/A
I was watching FOX SPORTS BAY AREA. They had Singletary on and right before the interview they played Mike Singletary in a prior press conference defending that his team is a playoff team. The first question that was asked of the coach is if he would like to back off his stance about the 49ers being a playoff team. What I hear him saying in that question, As the Coach of your team, do you want to admit that your players are not as good as you thought they were on TV. That is a ridiculous question and what is the purpose of asking such a question??

I was listening to KNBR (Dec. 9th) and they were interviewing Kevin Lynch about the 49ers. When he was asked about if the 49ers were a playoff team after the Seattle game. His response was if the 49ers did make the playoff, the NFL should tap them on the shoulder and say we don't want you. He went on to say, they may be able to beat the Cardinals and play with the Cardinals but they aren't on there level. So basically what I got from the conversation is that the 49ers are a young team that even if things end up going there way, there would be no benefit of making the playoffs. Is it me or does all this sound ridiculous to you also??

[ Edited by tmg808 on Dec 13, 2009 at 04:54:12 ]
I agree with the Kevin Lynch interview. We're not at all a playoff team, and its mostly because of the coaching. I like Sing, but I blame that Vikings loss on him. The Seahawks loss is on him. The Packers loss, yes, on him. Knowing the Packers weaknesses, he should have exploited from the get-go. Many in-game decisions from Sing would want to make me laugh, but since it is the 49ers making these decisions, it makes me.

Sing has hurt our team this year, no questions. He has also been very inspirational too though! If thats what we need
OH STFU with all the Sing blame.

If Gore didn't fumble -our win

If Farve didn't get so lucky by an inch- our win

If Parys Harlson tackled Chris Johnson on the 6th yard line , on 4th an goal - our win

If the Colts didn't have to go deep in the cheeser playbook and do an HB option pass- maybe our win.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I agree with the Kevin Lynch interview. We're not at all a playoff team, and its mostly because of the coaching. I like Sing, but I blame that Vikings loss on him. The Seahawks loss is on him. The Packers loss, yes, on him. Knowing the Packers weaknesses, he should have exploited from the get-go. Many in-game decisions from Sing would want to make me laugh, but since it is the 49ers making these decisions, it makes me.

Sing has hurt our team this year, no questions. He has also been very inspirational too though! If thats what we need

Well inspiration being what they need, wouldn't you say that making the playoffs would inspire them and help them believe in themselves. They may have made mistakes to lose them games, but they have proven that they can play with the league's elite. Lynch brought up some good points in that interview, but I completely disagree with his point of view on the playoffs and experiencing success.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

If Parys Harlson tackled Chris Johnson on the 6th yard line , on 4th an goal - our win

If the Colts didn't have to go deep in the cheeser playbook and do an HB option pass- maybe our win.

good points, I almost forgot about the Colts HB pass. The timing of that play made it seem that they were desperate. Those 4 losses hurt this year, and I don't know how people can blame a coach on these games when there was game deciding plays. It is obviously the players themselves had the opportunities and that's all a coach can give you
Originally posted by tmg808:

good points, I almost forgot about the Colts HB pass. The timing of that play made it seem that they were desperate. Those 4 losses hurt this year, and I don't know how people can blame a coach on these games when there was game deciding plays. It is obviously the players themselves had the opportunities and that's all a coach can give you

Agree with this. At some point our guys just have to make plays on the field!
Originally posted by tohara3:

As our team learns how to play as a team, we will start winning these close games we have been losing this year. We will b better next year, especially if the line is fixed. Singletary has made some rookie mistakes, but let's not forget, he is a rookie HC.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

As our team learns how to play as a team, we will start winning these close games we have been losing this year. We will b better next year, especially if the line is fixed. Singletary has made some rookie mistakes, but let's not forget, he is a rookie HC.

Playoff teams do not let games come down to one play, they take care of the game and put it away. In all of those games, our play calling and game management left something to be desire, and that is on coaching.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:

Playoff teams do not let games come down to one play, they take care of the game and put it away. In all of those games, our play calling and game management left something to be desire, and that is on coaching.

Everyone though Arizona was the worse playoff team going into the playoffs last year. They were a couple minutes from winning the super bowl. Saying they wouldn't deserve it even if they got there, means that you don't think this team is getting better.

We are not a playoff team, this team is still learning how to win games.

In every loss that has been close you can go back and point to one play. Whether on offense or defense there has been one play in each game that wasnt made. If they do we have the division in our hands and are probably 10-3 or better
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A

We are not a playoff team, this team is still learning how to win games.

So you are saying if they were in position to be in the playoffs right now then they wouldn't deserve it?? Cause that is what Kevin Lynch said
Sing = Horrible coach got can't gameplan
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Sing = Horrible coach got can't gameplan

His game plans have been good.. I think thats why they have been in so many close games. His in the game adjustments need work, but he will learn that with experience.
Here's how I see teams in the NFL:

1. Doormats - getting blownout and most of the time not competitive (STL, CLE)
2. Almost there - Still losing, but is competitively close. Losing the close games. (CHI, HOU)
3. Competitive - Winning the close games and is a playoff team. (AZ, CIN)
4. Dominant - Blowing out teams and have great execution. (IND, NO)

The Niners are at number 2 right now, and until they become competitive no one will be happy.