There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree record pace rookie season

on his current pace, if he played a full 16 game season, he would have 928 yards rec. this year. which would be 1 yard better than Jerry Rice's 927 yd rookie season.

the kid may not be scoring many TD's, but being on pace with Jerry Rice makes it kind of hard to fault him so far.

i know, i know, hes only played 7 games, but he stepped right in off the street mid season, so with camp and preseason, i think he easily wouldve kept this pace had he played all year. possibly been even better by now with more experience.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
He's averaging more yards than any rookie this year, he became the go to receiver his first game ever in the NFL. He has had some drops but so did Jerry Rice, (Jerry Rice: 15 Drops rookie season). I expect an incredible year next year, once the coaches are fully aware what he's capable of and he gets a full training camp with Alex Smith as the starting QB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Crabby is special, nothing he does surprises me.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Most of his bad plays this year can be accounted to him having to adjust to the speed of the game. (Great player but I wish he would have got to camp early.)
I was a huge fan of him in college, and felt he was the most sure thing in the draft. Even when he was holding out, I was pretty positive that he will sign with us and will be a damn good player for years to come. But, I never imagined him to play as well as he has this year.

He was a red-shirt sophomore who declared for draft. I felt he is at least a year away from really contributing in the NFL. To see him come in and play very well from day 1 is very impressive. I expect huge things from him from year 3 onwards. Next year should be a step up from this year, but year 3 will be the year when he puts up some gaudy numbers.
Originally posted by tmg808:
He's averaging more yards than any rookie this year, he became the go to receiver his first game ever in the NFL. He has had some drops but so did Jerry Rice, (Jerry Rice: 15 Drops rookie season). I expect an incredible year next year, once the coaches are fully aware what he's capable of and he gets a full training camp with Alex Smith as the starting QB.
Nice stats right there didn't know the Jerry had a lot of drops on his rookie season with Montana throwing him the ball.
He is everything that was predicted and more.

And with TC and pre-seasons, wow!
Originally posted by tmg808:
He's averaging more yards than any rookie this year, he became the go to receiver his first game ever in the NFL. He has had some drops but so did Jerry Rice, (Jerry Rice: 15 Drops rookie season). I expect an incredible year next year, once the coaches are fully aware what he's capable of and he gets a full training camp with Alex Smith as the starting QB.

Completely agree with this. I think he will become more of a goto guy next year after a full offseason with Alex Smith. I also think this will help on 3rd downs next season too!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Crabby is special, nothing he does surprises me.

Special in a good way. Not mentally challenged "special".
All of those "crazy" escalators that weren't attainable like catching more balls then Jerry.....with a full season he may of done it.
Originally posted by tmg808:
Most of his bad plays this year can be accounted to him having to adjust to the speed of the game. (Great player but I wish he would have got to camp early.)

you mean camp at all?
Originally posted by jreff22:
All of those "crazy" escalators that weren't attainable like catching more balls then Jerry.....with a full season he may of done it.

yeah exactly

Crab is showing to be special but let's not forget that rice wasn't in the spread with mintana throwing 40 times. Imagine if he were.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Crab is showing to be special but let's not forget that rice wasn't in the spread with mintana throwing 40 times. Imagine if he were.

Who is this Mintana you speak of?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Crab is showing to be special but let's not forget that rice wasn't in the spread with mintana throwing 40 times. Imagine if he were.

lets not forget that crabtree doesn't have montana throwing him the ball neither.