There are 403 users in the forums

Crabtree not taking blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by Ether:
BE HONEST FOLKS...if any of YOU guys was on MC shoes that day ..would you have honestly caught that ball?? I dont care what he says if he can back it up everyweek by playing well thats coo wid me...and TO 2.0? you gotta be kidding me ..dont compare a WR to a cancer...totally diff...

T.O. 2.0 is a compliment when addressing Michael Crabtree. T.O. wasn't the one that ducked a pass in the middle of the field between 2 defenders and actually won his team the game.

i dont think he ment it as a compliment he did say " its going to get worsed TO 2.0" that dont sound like a compliment to me...yo go watch that play on youtube...the play young threw to TO is way diff...young threw it right to TO ...Alex threw it behind MC with a safety commin towards him...i think the VD play was more catchable BUT thats a diff story.

I didnt mean it like that, I know he meant it as a diss... but I'm saying comparing Michael Crabtree to as a RESPECTABLE player ON THE FIELD as T.O is a compliment when the highlight of Crabtree's career thus far is a Brandon Lloyd-esque cower in the middle of the endzone when he could've won the game with a catch that T.O would have at least attempt, and probably would have made.

The fact of the matter is, if Crabtree was to try and make the play on the ball, he easily could have. Underthrow, overthrow, it doesnt matter. Crabtree ducked the pass from Alex Smith. If Steve Young, Brett Favre, Dan Marino was throwing that pass, it would've been identical. He put it where Crabtree could make a play, and Crabtree decided to flake out.
Originally posted by susweel:
The Diva is starting to reveal itself.

Has Michael Crabtree dropped any passes in recent games? I guess it depends on who you ask. Crabtree, for instance, didn't seem to recall any passes he could have possibly hauled in when I asked him about recent drops today.

MC: Drops?
Me: You don't think you've had any drops?
MC: What are you talking about?
Me: Balls you could have caught.
MC: No. If they were on the sideline or something, or too high or something. I never, ever ... Have you ever seen me deal with drops in my college career?

Me: No. That's why I'm wondering whether there's something going on now.
MC: Nah. There's nothing going on. Everything's looked good to me.
Me: What happened with the play in the end zone in the fourth quarter (of the Seattle game)? It seems like you were surprised that the ball was there.
MC: It was designed to be a back-of-the-end-zone catch. I came out of my break and the ball was already thrown. So, miscommunication.
Me: Were you ducking because of the ball or because there was a defensive back?
MC: I didn't know what was going on. As soon as I turned around, the ball was behind me and dude was about to hit me. So I was like, 'Man, I can't go out like that.'"

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/12/crabtree-what-d.html

Its only gonna get worse folk. TO 2.0

he just isnt used to game speed yet. the NFL is alot harder, and i think alot of the balls he should have caught, he didnt think were catchable. give him some time for it to slow down. hes only in his 7th career game with no camp or preseason prep time. cut him some slack.

he has alot of pressure being the 1st round pick to produce, and when he makes mistakes that he doesnt fully realize yet, hes going to be defensive. hes trying his best, he just views questions like "why are you dropping so many balls" defensively, because he normally has great hands.

and the corner endzone route was the OL's fault. you can call it an excuse, but the blame shouldnt be laid on him. Smith had to get rid of it because the protection broke down. Crabtree hadnt finished his route when the ball got there. it wouldve been difficult to catch either way. Smith probably shouldve thrown it away honestly.

anyways, ive been watching him all year, amazed at his talent and ability to look like a 3rd year vet in his first 7 games literally off the street and not camp. we have some serious nit pickers on this board.
The "ducked" ball? Alex already took the blame like a man, Alex said the route was to the back of the endzone, what do want Crabs to do, toss Alex under the bus?

If the ball came early and he wasn't ready, he wasn't ready.
Sure he could say 'I should have..." but at some point he would have to say "but Alex..."

Big whop! I don't really care what he said to MB, I like the rook, I like the way he plays, I think this is his first, or second "Rookie mistake", dude just back the hell up off my man and let him ball!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
BE HONEST FOLKS...if any of YOU guys was on MC shoes that day ..would you have honestly caught that ball?? I dont care what he says if he can back it up everyweek by playing well thats coo wid me...and TO 2.0? you gotta be kidding me ..dont compare a WR to a cancer...totally diff...

Oh I DEFINITELY would have caught that! Since the pass was a little behind Crabtree, my 5.2 40 speed would have caught that in stride!!!! Woot!

I'd still be near the line of scrimmage...so Alex overthrew the pass to me...his fault!
cut him
who cares
Way, way overblown.
I saw the interview and in my mind it's just coming from a guy that is really really trying to put the drops out of his mind and not let them happen again. If you guys don't think those drops have woke him up in a cold sweat you've got another thing coming.

However, I do not think the drops stat is accurate. I've counted him dropping 4 balls this year including a touchdown pass. I don't know where they added 3 more.

2 against Jacksonville.
1 against Seattle(not the touchdown pass)
1 against Tennessee.
sorry susweel, but this a terrible thread
I took a dump in the corner of my friends apartment. Should I take the blame? Hell no, I cover it up with newspaper and think nothing of it.

rookie WR's on teams known for even their best WR falling well short of 1000 yards shouldnt be taking any blame.

its our own fault for using a 7 game rookie as a number 1, and then yelling at him for not making a spectacular catch on a botched play. how quickly we are to lay blame on the guy who is looking like the first real sign of life at WR since Owens.

COMMON SENSE GUYS.

Gore fumbled away the game, and everyone knows it, but Gore cant do any wrong on this board, so we blame the rookie WR? really? come on.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by King49er:

Its ok man, not everyone will agree with it. The thread is about accountability and not throwing your QB under the bus like that. Crabs needs to learn how to be a professional and not pass the blame. Also saying "I aint going out like that" he basically admitted to ducking.

I agree its not a big deal that he said it. Its also not a big deal to discuss it.

Its ok man, not everyone will agree with it. The thread is about accountability and not throwing your QB under the bus like that. Crabs needs to learn how to be a professional and not pass the blame. Also saying "I aint going out like that" he basically admitted to ducking.

I agree its not a big deal that he said it. Its also not a big deal to discuss it.

Hey sus im with you bro! i dont think i could imagine Frank or Patrick ever not being accountable. hell even Alex took blame for what he did wrong.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

Hey sus im with you bro! i dont think i could imagine Frank or Patrick ever not being accountable. hell even Alex took blame for what he did wrong.

I understand the whole being accountable for the drops, which 6 of his 7 recorded drops were his fault.

The one drop not his fault, IMO, was the pass in Seattle. It was behind him and wasn't going to catch it b/c it was a timed route and Alex threw early. Crabtree should've been looking, but that will improve with experience and getting used to working with smith.
What a diva cut him now
Share 49ersWebzone