LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Crabtree not taking blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Diva is starting to reveal itself.

Has Michael Crabtree dropped any passes in recent games? I guess it depends on who you ask. Crabtree, for instance, didn't seem to recall any passes he could have possibly hauled in when I asked him about recent drops today.

MC: Drops?
Me: You don't think you've had any drops?
MC: What are you talking about?
Me: Balls you could have caught.
MC: No. If they were on the sideline or something, or too high or something. I never, ever ... Have you ever seen me deal with drops in my college career?

Me: No. That's why I'm wondering whether there's something going on now.
MC: Nah. There's nothing going on. Everything's looked good to me.
Me: What happened with the play in the end zone in the fourth quarter (of the Seattle game)? It seems like you were surprised that the ball was there.
MC: It was designed to be a back-of-the-end-zone catch. I came out of my break and the ball was already thrown. So, miscommunication.
Me: Were you ducking because of the ball or because there was a defensive back?
MC: I didn't know what was going on. As soon as I turned around, the ball was behind me and dude was about to hit me. So I was like, 'Man, I can't go out like that.'"

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/12/crabtree-what-d.html

Its only gonna get worse folk. TO 2.0
MC: No. If they were on the sideline or something, or too high or something. I never, ever ... Have you ever seen me deal with drops in my college career?

Thats like Glenn Coffee saying, you seen how many yards I got in college?

Sounds like Crabs He took it personally and got offended. He's gonna get grilled harder then that in his career so he better plan ahead on what he says.

That response was just stupid.
he does have great hands and willl most probably drop less than 2 or 3 balls a season but he has dropped a few passes that were his fault....maybe 3 or 4 but the other few were pretty hard to catch. He just has to own up to his drops or else he will have some problems with accountability with this team
I think he was thinking someone's trying to pin the 'drop' label on him, which he's not the type that drops ball on a consistent basis in my opinion. Sounds like he got a little defensive. Another way of dealing with it is to say 'yeah, I had a few I could have done better.' It would end the discussion.

But he' still young, dumb and full of --you know.

Not a big deal

for some reason...i dont think this is real
after all the interviews ive seen of Crabtree with the niners he hasnt been like this
hes always talking about the team and whatever it takes to win and always talks about he just wants to win.

cant see him saying this.
it's about time we have a diva WR
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
what do you guys want out a WR?

Rice was a diva to a certain degree

Moss is/was

Hell Marvin Harrison even shot (attempted) a guy.

what I've seen from crabtree so far, is that if he works hard, he can be pretty damn good.
He sounds like VD last year or a few years ago. A DIVA for sure but all already knew that. Sing needs to kick him out and say "we can't win with him, we can't play with him, we cant coach with him." Then he will come back more motivated and a team player.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

as long as he doesn't cause anything in the locker room, i love it. I'm tired of some of the p***y ass players we have.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Dec 12, 2009 at 16:04:13 ]

It is disturbing on many levels. First, his state of denial. Second, admitting he ducked to avoid the hit (the ball was NOT already behind him as he claimed). Third, the fact that neither Sing nor Sully have talked to him about the drops. Really, the former bugs me the most because it illustrates a refusal or inability to own up to 'mistakes". Someone needs to show him game tape (and by the way, don't they review tape anyway?).
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

as long as he doesn't cause anything in the locker room, i love it. I'm tired of some of the p***y ass players we have.

Exactly we need more players that talk s**t and that get under opposing player's skins
That's weird, in another interview he said he can't sleep at night when he drops a pass or plays bad. Now he doesn't drop anything
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Exactly we need more players that talk s**t and that get under opposing player's skins

We dont need that till we can back up the talk.
Who cares? If he starts stirring trouble in the locker room, then you can go ahead and raise the red flag.
Share 49ersWebzone