LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Clements vs. Fitzgerald.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"Over the past 2 1/2 seasons, cornerback Nate Clements has been the 49ers' designated Fitzgerald-stopper. In the five 49ers-Cardinals games before Clements arrived in 2007, Fitzgerald averaged 6.6 catches for 110 yards a game. In the five since, that average is 5.8 for 65 yards.

Clements, however, is still recovering from a broken shoulder and will not play Monday. That means stopping Fitzgerald primarily will fall to Spencer."

Nate can't play... He is a bust. We are better off without him...

http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/2390186.html#mi_rss=49ers

Personally I miss the guy and know he can play. I hope he comes back soon and sing doesn't put him back as a return man.
"I got an idea. Lets cut the best return man we've had in a LONG time and let our top CB return kicks!"

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
"I got an idea. Lets cut the best return man we've had in a LONG time and let our top CB return kicks!"

I think Spencer will do a good job on Fitzgerald. Not like he didn't have to play against Fritz before Clements got here. Not sure about the other guys on the rest of their receivers though. It might be a long night for our safeties.
Didnt Spencer cover Fitz in our first matchup with the cards?
Originally posted by prime21:
Didnt Spencer cover Fitz in our first matchup with the cards?

He did. Both him and Nate took turns covering him. The problem comes in with who covers Breaston, and Boldin. I think Spencer will do a fine job on Fitz. The real key in this game will be sustaining drives to keep Warner off the field and getting to Warner when he is ON the field.

• 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

T H I S. That move single-handedly brought our season down. And with no rhyme or reason.
it definitely helped bring a few losses.....Clements could of easily shut down Gague and other wr's like Jennings and helped win us games......NOT to mention he is our second best tackler in run support!

that picture is awesome !

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I would prefer Spencer vs Fitz and Clements on Boldin
Rossum getting cut wasn't the problem, putting Clements returning was just a bad idea. Rossum has been hurt and wouldn't have been returning kicks even if we were still paying him. Since we cut him he has been cut by two other teams.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Rossum getting cut wasn't the problem, putting Clements returning was just a bad idea. Rossum has been hurt and wouldn't have been returning kicks even if we were still paying him. Since we cut him he has been cut by two other teams.

Man that is a retarted response.
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

T H I S. That move single-handedly brought our season down. And with no rhyme or reason.

i dunno so much about this logic. single handedly? i mean, ya it was a bad move, but really?? not the bad offensive line or the drops or the blown coverage or missed tackles? i agree that it has slowed us and cost us the game in seattle SOMEWHAT, but i mean you cannot believe that was the reason for our downfall. overall, the reason was bad plays -- some of which, i agree, were on the offensive side of special teams.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 12, 2009 at 21:38:16 ]
Share 49ersWebzone