There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We should hire an offensive assistant for Singletary

The question really points to the fact we need a different head coach...one who understands "X's and O's". Those are the primary reasons we need someone like Shanahan, but the Bills will probably scoop him up, as well they should.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The question really points to the fact we need a different head coach...one who understands "X's and O's". Those are the primary reasons we need someone like Shanahan, but the Bills will probably scoop him up, as well they should.

So you are saying that Singletary, who was the captain of one of the best defenses of all time, the guy that made the on field adjustments, doesn't know his x's and o's? I don't buy that, where he is having problems is game management. He is a rookie HC and will learn as he goes.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He already has one in Raye

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. If you don't like our offense then blame Singletary for hiring Raye and tell him to get rid of him or say you want the HC gone. Hiring an extra offensive voice seems silly to me.
i don't have too much problem with it. no coach is PERFECT & he's a ROOKIE who will learn from his mistakes this year.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I think that EVERY Head Coach could use an assistant to help him on the side of the game that he's not well versed in.

Bare with me now, but Coach Walsh ran the Offensive side of things. And although he COULD be overbearing he generally let his staff do their jobs. For YEARS Seifert ran the Defense with complete anonymity.

Sing just needs an assistant to tell him straight up to leave it to the guys that are paid to run the Offense. If they ain't doin the job then get rid of them and bring in someone who CAN do tha job.

~Ceadder

this
Sing just needs a cheat sheet. I am not sure he even has one. I see other coaches going over their cheat sheets in critical down and distance situations.
That is what an OC is for.
summary: we need new professional HC, OC, OL coach...forget about the assistants...oh, add GM to that list, unless scot breaks down and drafts 2 OLs in rd 1 and takes an all pro OL in FA. He won't, tho.
If he needs an offensive assistant for game day decisions and clock management what does that tell you about our Head Coach?

Thank you. I thought that was exactly Rayes job description. What exactly is the point of this thread?
I don't think Jed York would allow us to hire anyone to work for the 49ers.
Originally posted by VA49er:

Thank you. I thought that was exactly Rayes job description. What exactly is the point of this thread?

Because Raye is not an OC. He masquerades as one but he is just a POS.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If he needs an offensive assistant for game day decisions and clock management what does that tell you about our Head Coach?

That he hasn't even had a full year yet?
That he hasn't even been a DC, or OC, and is still learning.

The same reason we don't cut rookie/2nd year players, is the same reason you don't cut HC (even terrible teams don't cut their first year/2nd year coach, especially after improvement).

By your standards, we should've cut VD in his rookie year, or even 2nd year, and fired Walsh in his rookie year as well. And, there are plenty more of these examples.

Serious question though, why do you troll so much?
Extra hiring is reckless and not part of our value policy. Let Singletary learn offensive stuff in his second year of internship. He will get it, just be patient.